PMC Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

44 minutes ago, maximus said:

And how was the sound quality synthz. Looks a very large room.

Room size is quite large yes, larger than typical lounge room I'd say. 

Sound quality is very good! Quite comparable to the 89,999 RRP however i would love to hear more of my music there and how it would sound with modern context acoustic drums and not in swing/big band jazz format.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steam said:

Will there be a Fenestria demo in melbourne?

I spoke to Rab from CAV a number of weeks ago, a Fenestra audition might be on the cards. I'd love to see how it compares to the other higher end PMC's i.e. ; BB5, MB2se. It is part of the 'Fact' series so a different presentation would be expected. 

• Like 1

I’d like to hear the fenestria in a comparison with the mb2se.  The form of the fenestria is much more visually appealing, and if the sound quality is $50k better than the mb2se, then there may be a pair of mbse speakers posted in the classifieds.  Somehow that seems like a long stretch though.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

A revelation occurred when listening to my 25.24's today. The sound quality has dramatically changed, but for the better.

Bass output is prodigious, there's so much more body to the sound, lean recordings are fully fleshed out, imaging is so focused, but most importantly the system is so engaging to listen to, to the the point where I truthfully believe it's the most entertaining system I've ever heard, mind you, I've only heard what's in stores and a handful of friends setups. It's such an egotistical assumption to make, as there are substantially better systems, but I'm being whole hearted, not because it's so transparent or to do with scale or even precision, it's how it made me feel.

At first thought, I believed it to be a placebo affect, so for the next half hour or so, I took the CD out, left the system on and then took the dog for a walk. When I returned played the 'Love' album Forever Changes, stunning in one word, I've heard this on a number of systems, but this was easily the best rendition, all the drama, character just flowed so beautifully.

The other albums played were : The Soundtrack to the Trilogy of the Lesbos Vampiros movie/Goyte Making Mirrors/Nick Cave Greatest Hits/Loyd Cole Rattle Snakes/Dianna Krall Look of Love SACD/and a Seventies compilation featuring Simon and Garfunkel, 3 degrees, Nillson, Albert Hammond to name a few, all sounded superb, regardless of sound quality.  

The 25.24's have very close to 300hrs on them, CAV, on more than 1 occasion mentioned dramatic changes will occur once over 200hrs, I now understand exactly what they meant. I'm truly gobsmacked, I just wish I had purchased these speakers a lot earlier 

instead of wasting my time with inferior ones, would've saved a small fortune.

BTW, these comments are a personal opinion.

cheers Frank.

• Like 4

Hi guys,

Difficult question: 

What is the competition for twenty5.23 judging only by few factors? Every point is compulsory: timing/speed, high details, honest reproduction of instruments, size , bass extension.

32 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Anybody own/heard the 25.26 and comment on how they would sound in 5m wide by 4m.deep room, with the speakers being aing the 5m wall? 

Cheers 

I have these speakers in a similar size room and they sound great. I have them in the far corners of the room and pretty close to the wall but don't experience any boomy bass - which I was expecting. I started off with some twenty5.22 but these are now boxed up in storage as the 26's just blew them completely out of  the room!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DutchNote said:

I have these speakers in a similar size room and they sound great. I have them in the far corners of the room and pretty close to the wall but don't experience any boomy bass - which I was expecting. I started off with some twenty5.22 but these are now boxed up in storage as the 26's just blew them completely out of  the room!

Wow Mark. That's quite a step up. Not surprised the 26's sounded better. Love your store too. Only been in once but very nice. 

2 minutes ago, blakey72 said:

Wow Mark. That's quite a step up. Not surprised the 26's sounded better. Love your store too. Only been in once but very nice. 

Thanks Blakey ?

The 25.22 are awesome speakers but once I heard the mids on the 26 could not go back. Really for the price difference the twenty5.22 is a much more sensible choice  and a speaker I could easily live with but I was able to get the 26 for a "reasonable" price due to some slight damage to the speaker exterior.

If anyone is interested I may be putting the twenty5.22 up for sale soon - been keeping them for an office system but not sure if I'll get around to that anytime soon. Also have a spare paid of DB1+ which was my entry into the world of PMC speaker.

2 minutes ago, DutchNote said:

I have them about 30cm from solid brick sidewalls and maybe 50cm from the back "wall" which is all 3mm glass....

Mine are 90cm from side walls (also brick) and I compared between 40cm and 70cm from the back wall, which is also glass.

2 hours ago, DutchNote said:

Thank you for the info, very. Interesting, can I ask what amp you are using to drive them with ? 

Bluber

How come all the PMC's for sale in the classifies are - gloss Black!!!

I'm thinking on the walnut 23's but really i'm after the 26's in walnut.

Actual question

Has any tried PMC with power amp and tube pre, e.g. something like a Parrasound A 21and a western pre?

More bluber

I'm convinced this is where i need to go after hearing adamag's twenty5 standmounts!

The second system will then be zu cubes off my sansui.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAMO 1147 said:

How come all the PMC's for sale in the classifies are - gloss Black!!!

I'm thinking on the walnut 23's but really i'm after the 26's in walnut.

The current one for sale is gloss black, but the one before that one was walnut if I recall correctly.

16 minutes ago, audio_file said:

The current one for sale is gloss black, but the one before that one was walnut if I recall correctly.

Ok - thanks for the heads up.

i thought they sold  - but ill chase that up, i recall they were in Melbourne.

2 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Gloss black 25.26 is still available,  

Soz i cant go the gloss black - I live near the beach, dust and salt spray is at a major high level.  I'd have to clean them so much it would hurt me and they wont go with current furniture.  I'm not giving the wife a reason to go out and buy some new stuff.  After all I have to pay for the speakers first -?

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, cafe67 said:

Lol, my prob is i really need to listen to pair to see if they are better than my current dynaudio confidence 5 ,?

Going to listen to the 25.24 and 25.26 side by side. I want to know where the 25.26 increased performance might lye, judging by all comments here, looks as though it's in all areas. If it's a noticable improvement and even though I love the 25.24's, I'll put them up for sale and pull the trigger on the 25.26's. One caveat, they have to have timber finishes, prefeably amarone. This way I can seemlessly remove the 24' and replace them with the 26's all in one fowl swoop and the little lady would be none the wiser....he,he.. 

@cafe67  I heard the Confidence 5's years ago, big smooth sound, the 24's are more transparent and image better, Confidence have a larger sound stage even though the 24's are still sizeable. Amidst all this the 26's are supposedly another level on the 24's again.

I'm loving the PMC sound so much that's why I feel the need to move up, incidently, I was yarning to a friendly aquaintance who has a pair of Wilson Sachas, and was interested in a pair of 26's. I asked him why the interest as his got some damn fine speakers, his reply, they're more fun.

Thats saying something.

Edited by maximus