Netflix currently watching

33 minutes ago, Kristian Kristiansen said:

I need to be in the right mood for it though- and preferably on a weekend.

Agree, I suspect it will be brutal to say the least. That’s why I’m somewhat hesitant. 
Neo

• Like 1

I have been hesitant for the same reason, that it might be too disturbing for me to watch :(

Instead I watch that old The Wolfman movie with Anthony Hopkins, it was the right level of disturbing :D

Edited by muon*

On 31/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, Neo said:

Anyone watched “All quiet on the western front” on Netflix yet?

Neo

Watched it last night.    Very interesting to see this part of history from this perspective.      I haven't read it, but I suspect the book may have dealt with the issues it was trying to get across, better than a movie can.   

Worth watching.

On 31/10/2022 at 1:00 PM, Neo said:

Anyone watched “All quiet on the western front” on Netflix yet?

Neo

Yes - agree it's not one to watch if you have to interact with people shortly after.  I had to followup with something mindless afterwards to feel happy again.  Unsure how accurate it was to the book, but it definitely sends a message about war.

5 hours ago, krebetman said:

Yes - agree it's not one to watch if you have to interact with people shortly after.  I had to followup with something mindless afterwards to feel happy again.  Unsure how accurate it was to the book, but it definitely sends a message about war.

I think it portrays the futile waste of war very well. Young boys on both sides signed up for adventure and quickly realised they were just fodder for others ideals. 
It was also mixed for me being from the German side as my Australian great grandfather was given the military medal for bravery under machine gun fire and shot in 1916 and 1917 and went back to the front both times. 
It gave me the same feeling as I’ve had visiting the many grave sites overseas. War is a terrible waste. That front line in France hardly moved all those years and was terrible for all the young men that fought and perished there. 
Very moving film and well made 

• Like 2
  • Care 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Gambit 1870 said:

Just finished this, interesting alternate theory of civilisation if you have an open mind. 

https://www.netflix.com/au/title/81211003?s=a&trkid=13747225&t=cp&vlang=en&clip=81635092

As someone once said to me  ‘history is always changing’

With all our supposed knowledge today, we know little of our history 

3 hours ago, anth0110 said:

I actually listened to Joe Rogan interview Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson last week, where they discussed the series. It was interesting to learn the the "establishment" is the roadblock to alternative theories around our recent past. 

• Like 2

It  takes me about a week to listen to one of his three hour long interviews lol. A little here a little there. I’m three days in with that particular episode lol. He has interesting guests, Joe Rogan.
Dr Gabor Mate a Canadian doctor psychologist? a few months back, was really informative. Like you said, open mind. 

• Like 2

On 17/11/2022 at 12:01 PM, anth0110 said:

I liked his amnesia theory. every human born starts from scratch.

• Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 6:19 PM, Tony ray said:

I liked his amnesia theory. every human born starts from scratch.

Opens up a can of worms that statement. 
Doc Brown from Back to the Future “ the space time continuum Marty “ starts to make sense. Movies imitating real life. Who’d have thought 😳

• Like 1