Netflix currently watching

5 hours ago, candyflip said:

Watching ‘The Vietnam War: A Film by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick’.

Harrowing and complete series that teaches me everything I need to know.

Very good.

It was an incredible film but very hard work, emotionally. I could only handle one episode every couple of weeks.

• Like 2

Guest jakeyb77

If you’ve ever been to the museum in Saigon it’s heart breaking. As with all war museums or land marks it really makes you wonder how it comes to such waste of lives and senseless brutality. 

It was an incredible film but very hard work, emotionally. I could only handle one episode every couple of weeks.

I’ll watch it, but by myself.. unfortunately my wife’s brother never returned from that fruitless and unnecessary war.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steffanth said:

ive been holding off on this one to wait for some reviews. . . . . . .and io want someone to watch it with.  Is it one that makes you want to turn on every light in the house just to go to the loo . .  . . .coz thats the best kind

Yes Mate ,

You are spot on. This series is very well acted with is actually scary. Like Conjuring but better.

2 hours ago, steffanth said:

ive been holding off on this one to wait for some reviews. . . . . . .and io want someone to watch it with.  Is it one that makes you want to turn on every light in the house just to go to the loo . .  . . .coz thats the best kind

There are creepy ghosts lurking in the background. I'd watch an episode late at night and wonder if there was anyone in the dark shadows around me ?

Although having watched all the episodes ... it doesn't make much sense. Not bad, just don't think about the details too much.

--Geoff

On 02/11/2018 at 8:39 PM, hired goon said:

There are creepy ghosts lurking in the background. I'd watch an episode late at night and wonder if there was anyone in the dark shadows around me ?

Although having watched all the episodes ... it doesn't make much sense. Not bad, just don't think about the details too much.

--Geoff

Watched the first two eps last night....yeah, nah.

Ghosts in a kind of 'Days of Our Lives' extended drama setting.

Not for me.

Guest jakeyb77
48 minutes ago, joz said:

Nearly through Bodyguard, a short series that doesn’t drag out.

Quite enjoyed it, another English cop show?

Watched it in one sitting yesterday. Great show 

5 hours ago, joz said:

Nearly through Bodyguard, a short series that doesn’t drag out.

Quite enjoyed it, another English cop show?

Yep it's great but not long enough!! (UK version?), cant wait for another series.

Bloody outstanding PQ also, at a mere 2.86mbps.  Intriguing how Netflix do the compression stuff so well on 1080p source material when some of the 4K programs look like crap.  

watched "Outlaw king" yesterday

well produced movie, as are most Netflix made movies. Not sure of its historical accuracy but a good film

Good to see Netflix has taken a broader view on boobage, considering how much blood and guts they are happy to run with. 

"Ozark" was another good one, albeit a series. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, turnthetable said:

Not currently watching but hopefully released on the weekend.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-16/ballad-of-buster-scruggs-review-coen-brothers-netflix-western/10500190

Love most Coen brothers films and I'm hoping this is a cracker

It will be great

i hope to start watching it tonight

sure to have great music

• Like 1

Just finished watching Borderline.  I had great hopes for it at the beginning but in the end the plot became overly complicated and just span out for me.  I felt sorry for Lars's poor kids, who were shunted around at the drop of a hat.  In the real world what, hope would they have of turning out as balanced adults?

Guest Muon N'
Just now, jakeyb77 said:

Mrs drove me mad watching that... 

A lot about it annoys me, but have been sucked into needing to know the answer to the main story line, bit like how it happened with Twin Peaks.

I have been known to skip forward in some of the juvenile bits ;)