gainphile

Netflix currently watching

4 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Was in Silverton recently, nice pub and hosts.

Oldies like it there as well, is that where all the bras are hanging up or do I have my wires crossed? Not bra wire either.

Guest Muon N'

Lost in Space was different but enjoyable enough, watchable for fans of the original like myself  IMO.

Enjoying Lost in Space atm, also watched 13 hours over the weekend, similar style to Blackhawk Down I thought.

Altered Carbon is captivating but has so many things going on.

Would love to give Lost in Space a crack but the rest of the Fam just aren't into sci-fi.:(

But watching Orphan Black atm and getting into it. It's about a group of clones which have integrated into society whose lives are under threat by some secret agency. It's more mystery thriller than Sci-fi.

Call My Agent, a French production based around a casting agency in Paris. Usual French slow burn and subtle comedy, with each episode featuring a French "star" playing a fictionalised version of themselves (I won't pretend I recognise half of them) . It reminds me of watching a sequence of French "farce" comedy films.

Dark, a German Sci-Fi paranormal type show. You have to get in a few episodes though to get past that nagging "German Stranger Things" feeling with the forest, secretive power plant, 80s nostalgia, kids/generational thing. Except 'cos it's German, there isn't much humour and kids actually die.

Going to try Lost in Space this weekend as I did manage to get my wife hooked on Stranger Things, even though she doesn't do Sci-Fi ?

Edited by enikoy

On 17/04/2018 at 8:23 AM, joz said:

Would love to give Lost in Space a crack but the rest of the Fam just aren't into sci-fi.:(

But watching Orphan Black atm and getting into it. It's about a group of clones which have integrated into society whose lives are under threat by some secret agency. It's more mystery thriller than Sci-fi.

Series one of OB is really good.  Series two meh, I stopped watching it after a few eps

Just finished the new LOS season 1. Enjoyable, but the concept is only very loosely based on the original Lost in Space. The best moment is actually in the first few minutes: spoiler below

Spoiler

The new Dr Smith is a woman, who, like the rebooted series, steals her identity from a dying man that she passes, a "Dr Z Smith". The actor playing him is Billy Mumy, a very neat passing of the baton

Guest Sime

I just watched “The Rachel Divide” and that was sad on multiple levels. 

Churchills secret agents.    The new recruits.

They got dead rats and cut them open and stuck explosives in them and had the fuse come out of there anus. 

Boom true story.

Guest Muon N'
5 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

They got dead rats and cut them open and stuck explosives in them and had the fuse come out of there anus. 

Boom true story.

Enjoyable show :)

Spoiler

Lizzie is a cutie and a surprise recruit

Edited by Muon N'

1 minute ago, Muon N' said:

Enjoyable show :)

I just cannot comprerhend what they did. Dropped behind enemy lines and survive and help the war effort. There,s no way I could do that .

46 minutes ago, Tony ray said:

Boom true story.

Rectum? 

Sure bloody did! 

HI All,

Finally had 2 1/2 hours to watch the final of Sense 8, instead of an 8 part series they instead did one very long episode to finish off the show, which had been slated before the final series could be finished.

Because of this there were a few plot jumps, and head scratches as to how they got to a certain place, but all in all it was satisfying to see how it ended.

Overall  3.5.png.4a7a753afc82f28b685a35e72c6553a8.png

Also started watching the new series of 'Luke Cage', as with series 2 of Jessica Jones, I am finding it a little wanting, compared with the first season of each and not as accessible as the first.

He seems to be more intent in fighting all of the time and defending why he does so, a bit of a let down.

JJ 

Guest Muon N'

Started with The Pinkertons

Not too bad, at least I'm liking it enough to keep watching.

From wiki:

The Pinkertons is a Canadian, Western, police procedural, television series, which features crime cases of the Pinkerton detective agency. The show is officially licensed, with the Pinkerton detective agency, and features stories based on actual cases from the Pinkerton detective agency archives dating to the 1860s

Shooter & Animal Kingdom have new episodes out. Not very kid friendly though so have to wait until school holidays are over.

i had a week long binge on "Line of duty"

UK based police anti corruption unit.

Thought it was really well done and kept you guessing about alot of stuff till the end.

The british do a really good job with this sort of stuff 

Guest Muon N'

Watching Ken Burns-Prohibition

As always his doco is well put together and interesting.

"Prohibition is a three-part, five-and-a-half-hour documentary film series directed by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick that tells the story of the rise, rule, and fall of the Eighteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the entire era it encompassed."

http://kenburns.com/films/prohibition/

Have been enjoying Marcella, yep another cop series.

Worth the watch

Lost in Space was quite good, I thought the robot looked very menacing.

Also enjoyed the Manhunt: Unibomber series.

I also enjoyed watching Line of Duty .....Watched all seasons ...keeps you guessing..... Loved it..

19 minutes ago, andythiing said:

Babylon Berlin - very good

Great show with a Shocking end

On 20/04/2018 at 10:16 AM, enikoy said:

Dark, a German Sci-Fi paranormal type show.

Absolutely brilliant TV if a fan of this stuff, highly recommended.

On 09/07/2018 at 12:51 PM, steffanth said:

i had a week long binge on "Line of duty"

UK based police anti corruption unit.

The british do a really good job with this sort of stuff 

This was excellent, though is handy to have subtitles, agree the British make great gritty cop shows, also check out..

Happy Valley and S2 has just been added.

Now for something completely different Please Like Me..

I've never been a fan of Josh Thomas and the cover put me off thinking was going to be him whining, and they should use this picture of the shows wallpaper instead. Was never sure if Josh was gay and seemed neither was he and apparently that was the case as he came out after they had green lit the show and started filming and then became part of the show. As the British do great cop shows Australians always seem to do brutally honest shows very well and this is no exception. It is a fun comedy show about early 20s friends but one that also deals with some very heavy issues like sexuality, mental illness, depression, and suicide.

Surprised this has not garnered more attention as also recommended.

Please-Like-Me.jpg

Edited by likwidsh0k