gainphile

Netflix currently watching

On 31/01/2019 at 2:40 PM, dack said:

Maybe I'm not the only one, but what has been annoying me lately has been the abundance of stand-up comedy additions.  It's just a non-stop barrage of these shows and the majority of them are completely unfunny or complete filth and smut, or both. I can tell by just letting the preview run for 10 seconds. Ok, Hicks, Chappelle and Burr are top level and Sandler's special was kind of smutty but still quite funny and inventive. But after that it's all downhill. Has anyone seen the Seth Rogan special. Wow. A few minutes in and there's some sort of penis prop and these sex jokes (or whatever, I'm trying to erase it from my memory) and I'm done. Why do they think people want to see this? The people in the audience seem to laugh through their teeth half the time, like they're supposed to laugh so they just do it, even when nothing especially funny is happening. Then there are the comedians who just say Trump and then Russia and people laugh.

I do recommend Bill Burr though. I had sore stomach muscles after his first two specials. 

Other than that, has anyone watched Fyre? Such an interesting doco about social media. 

There's also a show called Latin American History for Morons (I think) by John Leguziamo. That is really good and eye opening.

One mans penis prop is another’s fork handles 😉

On 27/01/2019 at 11:21 PM, Chigurh said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. My wife binge-watches a lot of violent dramas on Netflix. I'm just like "why would you want to see that?" As I get older I just don't want to see graphic violence and malicious characters. I remember seeing the film "Dead Ringers" when it first came out in the cinema and I wasn't fazed at all. I started to watch it on TV recently and I had to turn it off. Getting soft in my old age. 

I agree you must be getting soft in your old age Chigurah, given possibly the most violent and malicious character in just about any movie ever made was your chosen name sake Chigurh from the movie 'No place for old men' ... 😉

36 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

Kinda scary isn't it.... that these guys are anywhere near the steering wheel.

I meant that in a good way, pls don’t hate. In the sense that he doesn’t care about any smears or allegations that the MSM pile on him. 

21 hours ago, TerryO said:

possibly the most violent and malicious character in just about any movie ever made was your chosen name sake Chigurh 

...and that's what is known as a paradox! 😜

I tried watching a few eps of Nightflyers but it felt far too slow to hold my attention.

Into a couple of eps of Knightfall, and finding it pretty good.

Nightflyers does pick up. .. .. i quite enjoyed it tbh

50 minutes ago, steffanth said:

Nightflyers does pick up. .. .. i quite enjoyed it tbh

Maybe I need to persevere with it.

hmm...

On 07/02/2019 at 5:12 PM, Muon N' said:

Maybe I need to persevere with it.

hmm...

Yeah I really enjoyed the nightflyers.

it was quite dark, the pace does pickup.  The psychological and horror elements are definitely stronger than in most sci-fi dramas.

to me I quite liked the darkness of the start of 1st series of Star Trek discovery, but I think it fell apart across season 1.

Edited by Demondes