gainphile

Netflix currently watching

Posted (edited)

I am a killer.

great family drama. Just joking but interesting watch about how open they are.

There reasons for killing are crazy. Its probably why they are murderers.

Edited by Tony ray

I watched "The magic Pill" last night.  Very interesting doccumentary about the ketogenic diet and the food industry in general.  I may be a bit biased as i have started a keto based diet myself this week,  and have done alot of research into the diet before going on it.  Its not a "fad" thing and there is alot of substantial scientific evidence to support it.

Have also been watching Happy Valley - Another gritty UK police Show

Finished marcella a few days ago - also a great UK police show

Watched episode one of the series 'Victoria' staring Jenna Coleman as Queen Victoria.

Pretty impressed with it and the performances across the cast, and the sets and costumes are excellent.

I caved in and signed up to Netflix at the weekend, mainly because I've run out of things I like on SBS On Demand and iView.

I started watching the British 'sc-fi' series Black Mirror.  Very impressed with the storylines and production values.  I found the episode 'Metalhead', about a woman being pursued by a robotic 'guard-dog', to be particularly chilling.  How they did the robot I don't know - would it have been SFX?

The Black Mirror series is mostly great.

Innovative future technology related scenarios, and often with an unforeseen (by me anyway)  twist!

Some great scores too on vinyl.

Nosedive by Max Richter, and Alex Sommers/Sigur Ros -  Hang the DJ

watching the series Jack Irish at the moment.  Australian series with some offshoot standalone movies.  Really quite enjoying it

Disenchantment is a fun time filler for anyone that likes The Simsons, also a product of Matt Groening.

3 hours ago, steffanth said:

watching the series Jack Irish at the moment.  Australian series with some offshoot standalone movies.  Really quite enjoying it

Thanks for posting about that.  I was wanting to catch up on the previous Jack Irish series/telemovies and didn't realise they were on Netflix.

Ozark S2 Im loving it but cant remember S1 cause I was always pissed watching it. I will have to go back and watch S1 to catch up.

Great soundtrack music though.

Wow!

Paradise PD really pushes the boundaries

It's like going from this :ohmy: to this :sick: to this :ohmy: to this :laugh: then back to :sick: and then this again :laugh:

I've just finished watching series 1 of Stranger Things (and to my shame have started watching series 2).

What a pathetic show - actors with the one-dimensional presence of cardboard cut-outs, who seem to be able to convey emotion only by shouting at each other.  God know why it got such good reviews.  The plot is light, to say the least.  No wonder European series are so popular.

Ozark 2 OMFG... ep 7

Edited by Benny G

8 hours ago, Benny G said:

Ozark 2 OMFG... ep 7

Only up to ep 3 and so far loving it. Im trying not to binge thru it.