gainphile

Netflix currently watching

4 hours ago, Kensell21 said:

Was in Silverton recently, nice pub and hosts.

Oldies like it there as well, is that where all the bras are hanging up or do I have my wires crossed? Not bra wire either.

Lost in Space was different but enjoyable enough, watchable for fans of the original like myself  IMO.

Enjoying Lost in Space atm, also watched 13 hours over the weekend, similar style to Blackhawk Down I thought.

Altered Carbon is captivating but has so many things going on.

Would love to give Lost in Space a crack but the rest of the Fam just aren't into sci-fi.:(

But watching Orphan Black atm and getting into it. It's about a group of clones which have integrated into society whose lives are under threat by some secret agency. It's more mystery thriller than Sci-fi.

Call My Agent, a French production based around a casting agency in Paris. Usual French slow burn and subtle comedy, with each episode featuring a French "star" playing a fictionalised version of themselves (I won't pretend I recognise half of them) . It reminds me of watching a sequence of French "farce" comedy films.

Dark, a German Sci-Fi paranormal type show. You have to get in a few episodes though to get past that nagging "German Stranger Things" feeling with the forest, secretive power plant, 80s nostalgia, kids/generational thing. Except 'cos it's German, there isn't much humour and kids actually die.

Going to try Lost in Space this weekend as I did manage to get my wife hooked on Stranger Things, even though she doesn't do Sci-Fi 😉

Edited by enikoy

On 17/04/2018 at 8:23 AM, joz said:

Would love to give Lost in Space a crack but the rest of the Fam just aren't into sci-fi.:(

But watching Orphan Black atm and getting into it. It's about a group of clones which have integrated into society whose lives are under threat by some secret agency. It's more mystery thriller than Sci-fi.

Series one of OB is really good.  Series two meh, I stopped watching it after a few eps

Just finished the new LOS season 1. Enjoyable, but the concept is only very loosely based on the original Lost in Space. The best moment is actually in the first few minutes: spoiler below

Spoiler

The new Dr Smith is a woman, who, like the rebooted series, steals her identity from a dying man that she passes, a "Dr Z Smith". The actor playing him is Billy Mumy, a very neat passing of the baton