Netflix currently watching

On Netflix. Recommended. Anthony Hopkins' acting is, as usual, superb. Some Italian, Spanish and Latin, but most dialogue in English.

From Wikipedia:

"The Two Popes is a 2019 biographical drama film directed by Fernando Meirelles and written by Anthony McCarten, adapted from McCarten's play The Pope which premiered at Royal & Derngate Theatre in 2019.[3][4] Predominantly set in the Vatican City in the aftermath of the Vatican leaks scandal, the film follows Pope Benedict XVI, played by Anthony Hopkins, as he attempts to convince Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, played by Jonathan Pryce, to reconsider his decision to resign as an archbishop as he confides his own intentions to abdicate the papacy."

• Like 2

On 07/03/2020 at 4:15 PM, Tony ray said:

Loved the ZZ Top special, didn't know much about them before Eliminator.

They certainly knew how to reinvent themselves.

Always been a ZZ fan but love how their beards were an accident and not a forced marketing stunt, didn’t know that before the doco but just perfect timing, finished off that 80’s futuristic image And sound Eliminator and Afterburner Embodied.

Tiger King - doco about US big cat zoo owners. Wow, you couldn't make this up it is that whacked out. Its a train wreck you just can't look away from. Mullets, guns, polygamists, felons, meth and tigers. Not necessarily in that order.

1 hour ago, DRC said:

Wow, you couldn't make this up

Just more bad examples of human behaviour that is fcuced up.

Animals don't deserve what the human race has done.

Yes I love a T bone and I am not a tree hugger but stop destroying the amazon and wake up.

Sorry, bit off topic.

Edited by Hazzzy
  • Like 1

I thought the John Coltrane doco was great. Learnt a few things about some of his records I own.

The zz top doco also great, but as a long time fan was annoyed it stopped where it did given their career certainly isn't over and def didn't stop in the early 80s.

Nearly thru season 2 of El Chapo, not as gripping as S1 but still good.

Edited by 08Boss302
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

The zz top doco also but as a long time fan was annoyed it stopped where it did given they're still churning out music

Yeah I loved it.

I used to think Tres Hombres was their best but after having a listen to Rhythmeen yesterday I put that as the best for me.

A couple of others can be forgotten.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Hazzzy said:

Yeah I loved it.

I used to think Tres Hombres was their best but after having a listen to Rhythmeen yesterday I put that as the best for me.

A couple of others can be forgotten.

So true, as time has gone on, they've tuned down as Gibbons voice has gotten deeper too, the new stuff is dirtier and his voice suits it nicely ??

• Like 1

Tiger King.  

Holy trailer park Batman this is one hell of a ketamine - fuelled fever dream. As fiction this wouldn't be credible. As a documentary it's jaw - dropping. Meet Joe Exotic and his two hundred plus big cat zoo, which is sprinkled with ex cons, his two husbands and random firing ranges where he channels his rage against his nemesis - Carole Baskin of Big Cat Rescue. There is so much going on here that a private zoo owner ex - coke lord, who Scarface was based on, barely gets screen time. It's supposedly spawning a dramatisation, although I don't see the point as the real thing is as compelling as it gets.

Scored 5 drunken alligators from me.

• Like 2

On 28/03/2020 at 9:52 PM, 08Boss302 said:

I thought the John Coltrane doco was great. Learnt a few things about some of his records I own.

The zz top doco also great, but as a long time fan was annoyed it stopped where it did given their career certainly isn't over and def didn't stop in the early 80s.

Nearly thru season 2 of El Chapo, not as gripping as S1 but still good.

yep to both of them.  Birth of Cool is also very good - Miles Davis doco that's just been released.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

yep to both of them.  Birth of Cool is also very good - Miles Davis doco that's just been released.

agreed, watched that earlier this week.  He was a pretty full on dude in all aspects of his life.

Only signed to Netflix a week ago for the next few months. Never subscribed to any service like this before and after a few months may never again. I did it to help through the isolation period and it’s has worked well. The wife and I love a good movie but have to compromise on what to watch both having different tastes.

i signed  for the HD $20/ month deal because we have a 4K 65” TV.  My Sony 700 4K player is Netflix enabled and requires a single button press to get us in. Easy. We have really enjoyed it so far and are looking forward to working though quite a few movies. We never watch the same one twice so always looking for new releases. 

All run on my Wifi and 22MB/s nbn plan with no stammers or lockup’s. Picture is good and sound excellent via COAX to my DXD DAC and full 300W audio system. Wife doesn’t mind it a bit loud also. Adds to the drama. Staying away from series at this point. 

• Like 1