Netflix currently watching

Anyone watched the new Anime special for Sturgill Simpson’s  new album “Sound and Fury”?

the animation is interesting interrelated Segments, but each done by different Japanese animators with different styling.  

Wow it is timed so well to the music.  Excellent pairing even if you don’t like the album as just music.

if you make to the end there is one more segment after the credits.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, zippi said:

@Demondes have not seen it (or heard of it), however upon reading your post - will seek out Sturgill Simpson’s “Sound and Fury”. So it's on Netflix? Will give it a whirl.

Yep, Netflix Released in last week or so

if you are not a Japanese Anime fan it may not be for you.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Demondes said:

if you are not a Japanese Anime fan it may not be for you.  

may not be a strict Anime fan, however quite like the Ghibli produced stuff, so should be ok on balance.

The Politician

Watched the first series (that's all that's available in Oz) and was quite impressed.

As usual, Netflix manages to achieve high production values and on the whole, the casting is excellent.

Just the same, this series really highlights the differences between Australian and American society. Well worth a watch.

On 05/10/2019 at 4:20 PM, Kosmic said:

The Politician

Watched the first series (that's all that's available in Oz) and was quite impressed.

As usual, Netflix manages to achieve high production values and on the whole, the casting is excellent.

Just the same, this series really highlights the differences between Australian and American society. Well worth a watch.

Looks like LGBT promotion

I watched El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie last night.

Very enjoyable imo. Like watching 3 episodes of breaking bad than a movie per say. 

Ties up what happens to Jessie after the violent end to BB.  Typically slow in parts and dark overall.

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, metal beat said:

I watched El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie last night.

Very enjoyable imo. Like watching 3 episodes of breaking bad than a movie per say. 

Ties up what happens to Jessie after the violent end to BB.  Typically slow in parts and dark overall.

I did too and similar takeaway from it. Actually I found myself thinking - haven't played a video game in years and this feels just like a 1st/3rd person video game walkthrough. It's almost like they (Vince Gilligan) went for this intentionally. Still, the Breaking Bad signature and dna all through it.

• Like 1

We finished season 3 of Bigmouth (animation) on Netflix last week. Still a guilty pleasure of stupid teen angst/awkward funniness. I think this is the highest rated (on Rotten Tomatoes, alright, ok...) thing on Netflix.

The next season of Rick and Morty isn't far away. Last season's Pickle Rick episode rates as one of my favourite animation WTF's ever.

• Like 1

Guest Muon N'

Watched Mortal Instruments: City of Bones with Lily Collins (daughter of Phil Collins) and Lana Henry.

Noticed a series called Shadow Hunters based off it so started watching it.

Edit: the movie was OK, the series was a bust.

Edited by Muon N'

Not on Netflix but I’m not sure where else to put this and I feel like there’d be a few people on here interested. I watched a documentary simply called Rams about the designer Dieter Rams. It was extremely engaging and I’m still thinking about it days later. 

I got it off a mate but it looks like you can watch it on Vimeo for about 7 bucks. It’s well worth an hour and a bit of your time. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=6052995cfa95af68imageproxy.php?img=&key=6052995cfa95af682D18567E-4BFC-4219-A8F7-066334BBE530.thumb.png.049ee42dc40028e5aa932c6564219a51.png

Edited by RankStranger

Guest Muon N'

Watching 'Travelers'

As usual with scifi, need to gloss over scientific inaccuracies even beyond the main story line of the show, but otherwise OK.

I know it's from a few years ago, however last week we finished watching Flaked by Will Arnett. 2 seasons only, seems like there was material for 3 if not 4 seasons. Still - a great comedy/dramedy. Lots of laughs, lotsa heart.

I have just finished watching and had a belly laugh at 

Dolomite Is My Name 

I have seen the original many many  years ago - and in the origInal the 70s girls were naturally stunningly beautiful 

Edited by Full Range

13 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

@Full Range Been eyeing that off, may watch it tonight though need to brace myself for the fashion shock ;)

it’s the story of Rudy Ray Moore 

Glimpses of his life and the making of the movie 

But be ready for some swearing 70s style as well 

Apparently Rudy is now recognised as the originator of the modern Rap style