Netflix currently watching

Guest jakeyb77
On 31/01/2019 at 2:40 PM, dack said:

Maybe I'm not the only one, but what has been annoying me lately has been the abundance of stand-up comedy additions.  It's just a non-stop barrage of these shows and the majority of them are completely unfunny or complete filth and smut, or both. I can tell by just letting the preview run for 10 seconds. Ok, Hicks, Chappelle and Burr are top level and Sandler's special was kind of smutty but still quite funny and inventive. But after that it's all downhill. Has anyone seen the Seth Rogan special. Wow. A few minutes in and there's some sort of penis prop and these sex jokes (or whatever, I'm trying to erase it from my memory) and I'm done. Why do they think people want to see this? The people in the audience seem to laugh through their teeth half the time, like they're supposed to laugh so they just do it, even when nothing especially funny is happening. Then there are the comedians who just say Trump and then Russia and people laugh.

I do recommend Bill Burr though. I had sore stomach muscles after his first two specials. 

Other than that, has anyone watched Fyre? Such an interesting doco about social media. 

There's also a show called Latin American History for Morons (I think) by John Leguziamo. That is really good and eye opening.

One mans penis prop is another’s fork handles ?

On 27/01/2019 at 11:21 PM, Chigurh said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. My wife binge-watches a lot of violent dramas on Netflix. I'm just like "why would you want to see that?" As I get older I just don't want to see graphic violence and malicious characters. I remember seeing the film "Dead Ringers" when it first came out in the cinema and I wasn't fazed at all. I started to watch it on TV recently and I had to turn it off. Getting soft in my old age. 

I agree you must be getting soft in your old age Chigurah, given possibly the most violent and malicious character in just about any movie ever made was your chosen name sake Chigurh from the movie 'No place for old men' ... ?

36 minutes ago, davewantsmoore said:

Kinda scary isn't it.... that these guys are anywhere near the steering wheel.

I meant that in a good way, pls don’t hate. In the sense that he doesn’t care about any smears or allegations that the MSM pile on him. 

Guest Muon N'

I tried watching a few eps of Nightflyers but it felt far too slow to hold my attention.

Into a couple of eps of Knightfall, and finding it pretty good.

On 07/02/2019 at 5:12 PM, Muon N' said:

Maybe I need to persevere with it.

hmm...

Yeah I really enjoyed the nightflyers.

it was quite dark, the pace does pickup.  The psychological and horror elements are definitely stronger than in most sci-fi dramas.

to me I quite liked the darkness of the start of 1st series of Star Trek discovery, but I think it fell apart across season 1.

Edited by Demondes
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Muon N'

@Demondes  I was very disappointed with ST Discovery, just doesn't have the ST feel to me.

I haven't gone back to Nightflyers yet and not sure it will appeal as I'm not big on a lot of horror themed shows, these days, really depends on what type of horror......still, I will give it another shot at some stage.

But binge watched 'The Umbrella Academy' and while bloody weird! it was a fun if not strange ride....a couple of characters frustrated me at times :)

Just finished the "Dirty John" Series.

Well worth it, I wanted him to get locked up/die so badly but didn't want the series to end.

Trying Umbrella Academy now, but it could be hard work after just one episode. 

On 22/02/2019 at 1:13 PM, joz said:

watching that now and am hooked, its my kind of weird

9 minutes ago, glenm64 said:

The Sinner. Watched season 2 first by mistake. Now watching season 1. Each season is a different story, bit like Fargo. I like it.

There is some reference to events in Season 1 in Season 2, but both stand alone well.............both good seasons too.

Cheers,

Keith

On 22/02/2019 at 1:30 PM, enikoy said:

Russian Doll has been this weeks highlight. Twisted, absurd, adult comedy.

It's an interesting update on the Groundhog day theme of redemption. It really would have been even better with a 'Bandersnatch' type flexible plotline. It was really a videogame where the protagonist (who was a programmer BTW) dies, then plays the level again until she succeeds

Guest vagabond
On 22/02/2019 at 1:13 PM, joz said:

7 hours ago, JohnA said:

watching that now and am hooked, its my kind of weird

I thought there was enough in there to persist, quirky and very very dark. The use of music is perfect.

The payoff came with Ep. 6 ("The Day That Wasn't"), which I watched last night.

Edited by vagabond

Tried Riverdale, typical high school teen series. 

Now I'm probably a bit slow but all the characters are based on the Archies comic/cartoon series all the way down to Jughead and Josie and the Pussy Cats Arcie and Veronica. Yes it's a teen sleuth series. 

This is my first post on this thread 

My  better half and I are currently watching K Dramas ( Korean ) 

Some are modern some historic, so far we have watched 6 different series in total 

One we liked is called Mr Sunshine ( a quirky historic spy / love thriller) 

Now I have a few Korean words in my vocabulary- just in case I meet a Korean ?

I have been watching 

Lucifer 

Star Trek 

Guest Muon N'

Given all this netflix streaming I might be without it in future, I have given them feedback stating I'll cancel my account if they proceed with running a show with Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop wellness tips. Silly and possibly dangerous advice.

Edited by Muon N'
typo

Finally getting around to watching Suits !  Absolutely loving it.  And it's a great feeling to know I have 7 seasons stacked up ready to watch.  Great vinyl collection but its a shame about the Klipsch speakers. 

Edited by mrbrown66
  • Like 1