Netflix currently watching

Into the Wild.

A moving story about a young guy who abandons societal living in order to go it alone in the wild. I guess most of us have had this urge at some point in our lives, but this guy did it for real. Based on a true story, it reveals how fragile even the strongest of us are, when coming face to face with ourselves. He seems to be able to manage the natural human desire for company and indeed, appears to flourish in his isolated surroundings.....but other forces intervene.

I enjoyed it immensely.....highly recommended.

MV5BMTAwNDEyODU1MjheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDc3NDQwNw@@._V1_.jpg.4d0f5986da7fefc6cc06f4c65b099c70.jpg 

• Like 2

Guest jakeyb77
2 minutes ago, MusicOne said:

Into the Wild.

A moving story about a young guy who abandons societal living in order to go it alone in the wild. I guess most of us have had this urge at some point in our lives, but this guy did it for real. Based on a true story, it reveals how fragile even the strongest of us are, when coming face to face with ourselves. He seems to be able to manage the natural human desire for company and indeed, appears to flourish in his isolated surroundings.....but other forces intervene.

MV5BMTAwNDEyODU1MjheQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDc3NDQwNw@@._V1_.jpg.4d0f5986da7fefc6cc06f4c65b099c70.jpg 

Good movie.. even better soundtrack by Eddie Vedder. But as is often the case the actual story is more a sad tale than this adventure. A lot of locals warned him he was a fool and in some ways he was. Gotta love his ability to buck the rules though. 

4 minutes ago, MusicOne said:

Into the Wild.

Yes, one of my favourite movies in recent years - and the Eddie Vedder soundtrack is just brilliant.  I've done a lot of travelling in my life, and the thought of leaving society for a life on the land is fantastic.

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77

The poor bloke was so intent on running away that he didn't prepare. He took no map nor appropriate provisions. It's a highly romantic idea but the reality is much sadder. Christopher McCandless' story is often polarising. I like a lot of Emile Hirsch's work too. 

Edited by jakeyb77

5 minutes ago, Jakeyb77 said:

Yet he took no map nore appropriate provisions. It's a highly romantic idea but the reality is much sadder. Christopher McCandless' story is often polarising. I like a lot of Emile Hirsch's work too. 

Mate, you've spoiled it, by giving away the ending.....maybe revise your post?

Edited by MusicOne

2 minutes ago, Jakeyb77 said:

The poor bloke was so intent on running away that he didn't prepare. He eventually died not far from a highway and could have saved himself. Yet he took no map nore appropriate provisions. It's a highly romantic idea but the reality is much sadder. Christopher McCandless' story is often polarising. I like a lot of Emile Hirsch's work too. 

Polarising indeed, I've had a similar discussion with someone where I said I love the idea of just up and leaving society and I envy the courage to do so, and the other person was angered that an individual just thinks they can up and walk away.  Polarising...I reckon I know which side of the fence @Sime would sit!

No preparation at all - was he hell bent on destruction?  Possibly...

One thing I am in awe at though - is just how Eddie Vedder nailed the feel for the movie through his music - it's hand in glove kinda stuff...

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, MusicOne said:

Mate, you've spoiled it, by giving away the ending.....maybe revise your post?

Don't watch Titanic then! 

Guest jakeyb77
1 minute ago, Kaynin said:

Polarising indeed, I've had a similar discussion with someone where I said I love the idea of just up and leaving society and I envy the courage to do so, and the other person was angered that an individual just thinks they can up and walk away.  Polarising...I reckon I know which side of the fence @Sime would sit!

One thing I am in awe at though - is just how Eddie Vedder nailed the feel for the movie through his music - it's hand in glove kinda stuff...

Many nights I'll fall asleep to this soundtrack.. 

Guest Sime
10 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

No offense, but I'm lost, where's the reference in regards to me :sorry:

33 minutes ago, Sime said:

No offense, but I'm lost, where's the reference in regards to me :sorry:

I read on here some time ago (maybe a year or two) where you posted that you choose your lifestyle in the caravan against mainstream society.  I also recall you saying that it takes courage.  So, I was linking that post to how "Into The Wild" is about someone who does a similar thing which, in my opinion, takes courage. 

No offence if I'm off the mark on this one brother...  :)

Just now, Sime said:

@Kaynin ah yes, going against the norm, to most, caravan living is a no go, but mate, it frees up a lot of money ;)

...which = freedom.  And that's what "Into The Wild" is about, IMHO, and why the movie resonates with me so much...

Guest jakeyb77
24 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

Why? Does something bad happen?

What do "The Sixth Sense" and "Titanic" have in common?

Icy dead people 

6 minutes ago, Jakeyb77 said:

What do "The Sixth Sense" and "Titanic" have in common?

Icy dead people 

Lol. 

I thought it was that the Titanic resembled Bruce Willis' career...

Guest jakeyb77
1 hour ago, Kaynin said:

...which = freedom.  And that's what "Into The Wild" is about, IMHO, and why the movie resonates with me so much...

When I watch Castaway I feel like I'm the only guy wondering why he wants to go home. Ok so the lack of medical aid is a concern but give me fish and plants and I'd be happy giving up the way the world works nowadays. 

1 hour ago, Jakeyb77 said:

When I watch Castaway I feel like I'm the only guy wondering why he wants to go home. Ok so the lack of medical aid is a concern but give me fish and plants and I'd be happy giving up the way the world works nowadays. 

Once you've mastered fire it's all easy street...

2 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Lol. 

I thought it was that the Titanic resembled Bruce Willis' career...

Hey, Bruce Willis was in one of the greatest movies ever made - The Fifth Element!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

Hey, Bruce Willis was in one of the greatest movies ever made - The Fifth Element!

Arrrgh, I just don't get the fan loyalty to that movie!

I'll keep mentioning The Get Down until you all watch it and realise what a great show it is.

09780eded6ad1cb6249182344e0ebb8c.jpg

Started watching this last night and I'm 2 episodes in and hooked [emoji106]
It's not short on good disco music and some laughs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1