Netflix currently watching

I love my Netflix. Never really watched TV shows/Movies but the occasional MotoGP and going to Cinema but now there are sooooo many options.

So I've watched the full episode of 'Cosmos' by Neil de Grasse Tyson. Amazing

Watched some old movies (Event Horizon, Total Recall, Star Trek into darkness etc) as I don't really know what movie to watch !

What else are there...?

I am pointing my VPN to the US and quite surprised to find a title that's not there but available in Europe (Nicolas Cage "Knowing"). I wonder what else.

Please share us what you watch and maybe a bit of review! :)

• Like 2

I just signed up for a new mobile plan and I was given a free 6 month subscription to Netflix :)

We really enjoy it. Movies on demand.

The thing that impresses me the most is the definition of the movies. High quality playback.

There is something for everybody to watch and no annoying advertisements that make you jump for the volume control !

We will be continuing the subscription at the end of the 6 month free period.

• Like 1

Not movies but if you haven't watched the House of Cards series then I recommend it. Kevin Spacey is outstanding in it.

There is also season 1 of Marco Polo which took a few episodes to get going but still pretty good and interesting from a historical perspective.

• Like 1

Have been watching Falling Skies mostly (almost finished 4th season). Big fan, kind of like walking dead but with aliens. Can certainly recommend.

House of Cards will likely be next on my list

Ooh will have to check this out, prefer aliens over zombie rubbish. Don't know why. Must be because aliens are much more plausible than zombies! Haha.

Edited by SteveC

A few tv series but mainly enjoying Shameless (US version) starring William H Macy as an alcoholic, unemployed father whose family manages to survive in spite of him. Sounds grim but it's actually a lot of fun, providing you like your comedy black.

A few tv series but mainly enjoying Shameless (US version) starring William H Macy as an alcoholic, unemployed father whose family manages to survive in spite of him. Sounds grim but it's actually a lot of fun, providing you like your comedy black.

I know the uk version and that is really really good.

I got all excited when i saw they had shameless.

Then i noticed it was the us version i was gutted.

I tried watching it, but didn't lasted longer then 5 minutes..

Have been watching Falling Skies mostly (almost finished 4th season). Big fan, kind of like walking dead but with aliens. Can certainly recommend.

Great show. Huge contrast against walking dead though as it takes a much more optimistic view of humanity and the survivors of an apocalypse.

It is actually nice to see the main characters maintain their belief in doing 'the right thing' despite what is going on around them.

I enjoy both shows.

Great show. Huge contrast against walking dead though as it takes a much more optimistic view of humanity and the survivors of an apocalypse.

It is actually nice to see the main characters maintain their belief in doing 'the right thing' despite what is going on around them.

I enjoy both shows.

I enjoy both shows.

I know the uk version and that is really really good.

I got all excited when i saw they had shameless.

Then i noticed it was the us version i was gutted.

I tried watching it, but didn't lasted longer then 5 minutes..

Thanks for the heads up - I'll check out the UK version. I gave it a shot because I'm a fan of William H Macy and figured he was perfect for this character.

• 3 weeks later...

I've taken up the Netflix offer on my Oppo 105D of a free month's trial. Excellent value for those who like movies.

The sound I'm getting from Netflix is very good indeed.....does anyone know what format Netflix uses for their audio?

I've taken up the Netflix offer on my Oppo 105D of a free month's trial. Excellent value for those who like movies.

The sound I'm getting from Netflix is very good indeed.....does anyone know what format Netflix uses for their audio?

Depends on the show

Lossy 2ch to Dolby digital 5.1

No HD audio or anything

• Like 1

Overall very happy with the quality sound & picture quality wise - great interpretive playing of next episodes with series & personal preferences.

Lot of old movies but there's always some you haven't seen - enjoying watching Weeds & American Horror Story (Kathy Bates & Jessica Lange are fantastic !)