Caravan Armageddon

Guest Sime

14 hours ago, Hi-Fi Whipped said:

Sounds like you are in a good place and enjoying music in other ways Sime, did all of your toys go to the same place?

I still have all the gear, it’s just in storage till who knows. Haven’t decided what to do with it yet. The van will be gone in a week possibly. 

Edited by Sime

• 3 weeks later...

Another day dealing with muppets on Gumtree. Selling my 8805, guy was interested, I mentioned that I have 4 power amps for sale, he’s interested, I give him the model numbers and a price, mind you, these are 2015 vintage Rotelss, so not really old, and he comes back with info he got from a friend in the industry basically saying that those amps now can’t be repaired, because they are not made anymore and the parts don’t exist. 
‘Someone is clearly unaware of how amplifiers are made and that most of them are rather simple with parts that are easily found. Vintage amps get refurbished all the time. 
So as a result, he now misses out on the 8805 also, the irony being that the Marantz would probably be a harder repair being a more complicated device. The Rotel, lol, basic tough amplifiers.  

Edited by Sime

As much as gumtree is a hassle, I’d rather do my business there tbh. 
Ive cleared out my 805’s and Oppo 205 so far, The sigma conditioner also. 

Edited by Sime

• 4 weeks later...

System has all been sold except for the center channel (keeping Node/mscaler/qutest)

3 minutes ago, Sime said:

System has all been sold except for the center channel (keeping Node/mscaler/qutest)

On gumtree?