ECM currently spinning

14 hours ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Francois Couturier / Tarkovsky Quartet - Nuit Blanche.

images (66).jpeg

Good idea, I’ve followed suit with a post brunch Averna to wash down a particularly rich Croque Madame. Sun’s coming through and I’ll be asleep in no time.

• Like 1

Something different tonight, listening via my LCD3 headphones driven by Schitt Jotunheim and fed by Roon playing FLAC CD rip of Keith Jarrett led quartet Nude Ants (Live at the Village Vanguard).  As a coincidence (maybe influence) I was reading the first part of Robert Harley’s book The Complete Guide to High End Audio (5th Edition) and the introduction is by no less than the man himself, Keith Jarrett.

42E0F7B9-EE4B-485F-9C76-FA88198C80E3.png

• Like 3

On 02/06/2019 at 10:54 PM, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Jon Hassell - Last Night The Moon Came Dropping Its Clothes In The Street 

Thought the album title was exceptional and now I have found the music is as well, especially on a late night after tennis and nearby to the very ordinary event of tonight in a Darwin.  The photo also demonstrates why I enjoy Roon so much, given what I can learn.

C42DA0B9-B690-4019-8242-ABF54358A498.png

• Like 3

On 05/06/2019 at 12:27 AM, KRSDarwin said:

Thought the album title was exceptional and now I have found the music is as well, especially on a late night after tennis and nearby to the very ordinary event of tonight in a Darwin.  The photo also demonstrates why I enjoy Roon so much, given what I can learn.

C42DA0B9-B690-4019-8242-ABF54358A498.png

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/jon-hassell-dream-theory-in-malaya-fourth-world-volume-two/

• Like 3

What’s old is new, playing Keith Jarrett, Koln Concert on CD but for the first time ever I am playing via my newly acquired (secondhand from a SNA member who was fantastic to deal with) tube amplifier.  A new sound for me, and one that is highly enjoyable with a greater feeling of being real.  Oh, and did I mention the magic of glowing tubes at night?

67892356-B0A0-4DFF-9962-2E28130A298A.jpeg

B5E3F3A9-75E7-4DB3-84B5-639BD04D319B.jpeg

• Like 2