dwbasement

ECM currently spinning

Great stuff

eb2a6b08121355693002334d85e0eb18.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan Garbarek- Ragas and Sagas.

This is my favourite Tibbetts recording and the quality of the vinyl pressing is wonderful. 

safe-journey1.jpg?w=584

Currently giving this a spin for the first time and enjoying it greatly.  A few imperfections on my copy, but by and large it plays very nicely.  Like most ECM releases, it has original and genuinely interesting/engaging compositions.

All these great suggestions are killing me.. I'm from SA, but I was 5 mi Ute's from a store in Crown street Surrey hills(?) that is supposed to have a great selection of ECM... Then it hailed like nothing I'd ever seen before and missed out. I did find my old Pat Metheny American Garage in Mums Australian Garage. Great Paul Wertico holding the steadiest of heartbeat rhythms. My kids call it "elevator music... But good"

Edited by christosd

Hi @@christosd

That was Title in Surry Hills.There was a Title in Adelaide,but it is now called Streetlight.They're in Vaughan Place in the city.50 metres down the lane from the Exeter Hotel on Rundle Street.They have a very good range of ECM's.

8227 0667

Cheers.

Edited by mrbuzzardstubble

Beautifully playede1fa820a458edff31b748c4db55d193b.jpg

Keith Jarrett and Charlie Haden- I listened to this on rotation after Haden passed away.

220px-Keith_Jarrett_Jasmine.jpg

Makrofauna is adventurous even by ECM standards.Violin and double bass with an emphasis on texture and timbre of the instruments. Totally engrossing when you are in the right mood.

51dBJD2pgQL._SY355_.jpg

Edited by ericd

31C5G615E1L.jpg

'Swimming With A Hole In My Body". Solo acoustic guitar album from 1980. Fans of Ralph Towner should check this. Gorgeous vinyl pressing.

31C5G615E1L.jpg

'Swimming With A Hole In My Body". Solo acoustic guitar album from 1980. Fans of Ralph Towner should check this. Gorgeous vinyl pressing.

Mmm I will YouTube it tomorrow and have a listen.

I was really looking forward to this one for a while ( big fan of Nils Okland's previous releases) and must say I was a little underwhelmed on first listen. I was engaged at the start but it seems to drift into some cliched post-rock style jamming at times. Will have to listen again sans expectations.

Dirty Three is probably a lazy, but useful, reference point.

Lumen Dronescdd52f1cbe3b38f40547b5612574bea7.jpg

Nils Økland Fiddles

Per Steinar Lie Guitars

Ørjan Haaland Drums

I suspect this one is for the adventurous out there only. The name of the band gives it away. Usual ECM SQ but perhaps not your usual ECM release. For me impossible not to be sucked in by its hypnotic spell. Hauntingly beautiful fiddle.

I was really looking forward to this one for a while ( big fan of Nils Okland's previous releases) and must say I was a little underwhelmed on first listen. I was engaged at the start but it seems to drift into some cliched post-rock style jamming at times. Will have to listen again sans expectations.

Dirty Three is probably a lazy, but useful, reference point.

I came at this one based on a recommendation from a work colleague and had no prior experience with Nils Økland and it grabbed me first time. Sounds like I might be in for a treat if I hit the previous releases. Agree, Dirty Three gets you in the vicinity but not quite there.

Another great pianist from ecmdc2c3c023ffb4405f75a635ad6691a3b.jpg

Another favourite 34f09f62e39498d2ce2a7d39cdf8eb93.jpg

Looks like @@dwbasement and I have similar tastes.

I saw Omega Ensemble tonight at City Recital Hall, piano and winds, which was lovely. Took my youngest daughter who spent the weekend at Groovin The Moo, so a nice contrast for her. Came home and gave the new Courtney Barnett a spin before killing the lights and putting this on. Sitting in the dark with the beautiful valve glow and listening to this beautiful album. Bliss.

ec051202935a1df7f99a34fdd3326084.jpg

Looks like @@dwbasement and I have similar tastes.

I saw Omega Ensemble tonight at City Recital Hall, piano and winds, which was lovely. Took my youngest daughter who spent the weekend at Groovin The Moo, so a nice contrast for her. Came home and gave the new Courtney Barnett a spin before killing the lights and putting this on. Sitting in the dark with the beautiful valve glow and listening to this beautiful album. Bliss.

ec051202935a1df7f99a34fdd3326084.jpg

Valves are just beautiful to look at when they glow.

Why not. I think this is their first cd 10 years ago...2fe74eea480bbe57f61529982900a7af.jpg

I've got to get in on this. I'm a big Mathias Eick fan and his new one again is fantastic. I was sceptical about the violin being the other front line at first but it brings a lovely, delicate folk feel to it.

post-106295-0-19670200-1431373712_thumb.

Guest guru

I saw that on vinyl today but didn't think to pick it up. Will go back tomorrow and have a listen. Cheers.

I've got to get in on this. I'm a big Mathias Eick fan and his new one again is fantastic. I was sceptical about the violin being the other front line at first but it brings a lovely, delicate folk feel to it.

I'm a Mathias Eick fan also and this is a wonderful album on CD and vinyl.

Looking forward to purchasing the new Keith Jarrett album.