ECM currently spinning

Love it! Jarrett must be the best impro-player around. Pity he's such an arsehole. Have a look at his rant at the Umbria jazz fest. 

At least when asked why you used to play electronics back in with Miles Davis but you won't touch them now, so his response was "when Miles asked, you you do".

I can listen to his music for hours, but the Kiln concert almost never happened as he disputed that the piano delivered from Steinway wasn't the one he selected. It was pointed out the serial numbers match, but theres a 20 degree temp difference, I love him, but he's nuts. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, magical said:

Love it! Jarrett must be the best impro-player around. Pity he's such an arsehole. Have a look at his rant at the Umbria jazz fest. 

At least when asked why you used to play electronics back in with Miles Davis but you won't touch them now, so his response was "when Miles asked, you you do".

I can listen to his music for hours, but the Kiln concert almost never happened as he disputed that the piano delivered from Steinway wasn't the one he selected. It was pointed out the serial numbers match, but theres a 20 degree temp difference, I love him, but he's nuts. 

I've seen him perform twice. Once at Dallas Brooks Hall in Melbourne in about '85 and in '78 at the Festival Hall in Adelaide. That Adelaide concert is very very close to being the best concert I've attended. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

I've seen him perform twice. Once at Dallas Brooks Hall in Melbourne in about '85 and in '78 at the Festival Hall in Adelaide. That Adelaide concert is very very close to being the best concert I've attended. 

I was lucky enough to be a support player at his concert in Melbourne in the 80's and I was speechless at his playing. His behaviour at rehearsal was somthing else. 

Recently being at home injured I started listening to his stuff & before I knew it, the sun came up! I'd listened to Jarrett's playing till dawn. 

• Like 2

Anouar Brahem - Conte de l'incroyable amour

I'd really like to hear Anouar do something with Joseph Towadros. There are identifiable similarities along with distinct differences in there styles that I think would meld in a very likeable way.

1516615807262-411079526.jpg

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, magical said:

I was lucky enough to be a support player at his concert in Melbourne in the 80's and I was speechless at his playing. His behaviour at rehearsal was somthing else. 

Recently being at home injured I started listening to his stuff & before I knew it, the sun came up! I'd listened to Jarrett's playing till dawn. 

Something about the date seemed odd to me, so I checked up and the concert was held on the 3rd of November in 1982. My girlfriend and I arrived about 15 minutes before Jarrett played, so we missed the support act. We had great seats behind him just to one side and could see his hands at work. :)

10 minutes ago, mrbuzzardstubble said:

Something about the date seemed odd to me, so I checked up and the concert was held on the 3rd of November in 1982. My girlfriend and I arrived about 15 minutes before Jarrett played, so we missed the support act. We had great seats behind him just to one side and could see his hands at work. :)

Wow, it was realy that long ago,i feel so old. I looked at my passport collection & I came back to oz in July 82 but I know I was in Europe in 83.

• Like 1

Playing the first of 3 discs from this box set compilation of ECM guitarists. This is the only ECM pressing that I have seen from France, which seems to have been released to the French market, as the accompanying booklet is in French.

15166196344631082016962.jpg

Edited by t_mike
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, t_mike said:

Playing the first of 3 discs from this box set compilation of ECM guitarists. This is the only ECM pressing that I have seen from France, which seems to have been released to the French market, as the accompanying booklet is in French.

15166196344631082016962.jpg

I have to have it, you've ruined my day. Never seen it but now I'm on the hunt Pat Metheny & John Abercrombie Are enough for me to troll the net for it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, magical said:

I have to have it, you've ruined my day. Never seen it but now I'm on the hunt Pat Metheny & John Abercrombie Are enough for me to troll the net for it. 

3 currently available on discogs from €16.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...