ECM currently spinning

I met the members of MGT after the little gig they played in Lawson last year *such a privilege!* and I asked Wolfgang what was his favourite Towner album. He replied that "Solo Live" had a huge influence on his formative years as a musician. Must get that one.

Only got this on vinyl. Nice record!

• Like 1

Listening to that again now. It's a beaut! I love it. Thanks Martin. Gismonti and Towner share some interesting parallels eh?

Love them both, but Egberto's rhythmic drive & unbridled romanticism prompts me to play his music more often than Ralph's

Love them both, but Egberto's rhythmic drive & unbridled romanticism prompts me to play his music more often than Ralph's

Me too Mike. I am rather partial to Ralph's sublime lyrcism and understated delivery :)
  • Like 1

Woo hoo!! I won a cd in the ECM draw:Fly Trio :)

And do my eyes deceive me? No.It lools like @ has won himself a Jan Garbarek and The Hilliard Ensemble disc :) Full list of winners on facebook.If you're a winner don't forget to message ECM with your mailing details within 3 days.

Edited by mrbuzzardstubble
  • Like 6

Good onya Martin. Good onya Davo. [emoji4]

Cheers,

Leigh

Thanks Leigh.I could hardly believe it when I saw my name listed,but when I saw Dave's name on there too I nearly fell off my chair.Well done Dave. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up Martin. It's nice to hear about new ECM releases on fb now.
  • Like 1

I have all six of them:

Changing places

The ground

Being there

Restored, returned

The well

Extended circle

I've got four. I'll have to hunt down extended circle and changing places. Thanks mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk