ECM currently spinning

ECM are a trustworthy and carefully curated label so you know whatever they do its going to be interesting.

I'm a big fan of John Surman who i discovered through the brilliant Thimar album, which also lead me to Anouar Brahem

post-111035-0-13885600-1428980826.jpgpost-111035-0-03438500-1428980837.jpgpost-111035-0-71802000-1428980847.jpg

post-111035-0-92256400-1428980857.jpg

Edited by buddyev
  • Like 6

We have reached 50,000 likes and because of that we would like to thank you for your continued support. As a sign of appreciation, we are giving away the following prizes: Ten copies each of eight different ECM Jazz and New Series recordings, five sets of new ECM Jazz recordings signed by the artists, 5x 2 tickets to the “jazzahead!†ECM club night (25 April 2015 at 8.30 pm at Sendesaal, Bremen, Germany). There will be concerts from Jakob Bro, Mathias Eick Quintet, Giovanni Guidi Trio and Andy Sheppard Quartet.

Participate by commenting either “CD†or “club night Bremen†directly underneath this post. Please do not comment for both. Deadline is Monday, April 20th 2015 at 09:30am (CEST)!

For more information, please read the regulations here: http://on.fb.me/1CZKGDt

(English) or http://on.fb.me/1Od3p4L

(Deutsch)

ECM facebook page.

Edited by mrbuzzardstubble
  • Like 5

Lumen Drones

cdd52f1cbe3b38f40547b5612574bea7.jpg

Nils Økland Fiddles

Per Steinar Lie Guitars

Ørjan Haaland Drums

I suspect this one is for the adventurous out there only. The name of the band gives it away. Usual ECM SQ but perhaps not your usual ECM release. For me impossible not to be sucked in by its hypnotic spell. Hauntingly beautiful fiddle.

• Like 4

where did you get the vinyl copy of tord or was that from james ?

Byron, it's a cd, don't think Tord has ever released vinyl... Haven't got a chance to go to James place yet, may be next week if I drive to work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Listening to that again now. It's a beaut! I love it. Thanks Martin. Gismonti and Towner share some interesting parallels eh?

It certainly is a nice album,Dave. I especially love the joyous piano track that closes the album.Egberto borrowed Ralph's guitar for the opening track on the Solo album,I believe.

• Like 1

I met the members of MGT after the little gig they played in Lawson last year *such a privilege!* and I asked Wolfgang what was his favourite Towner album. He replied that "Solo Live" had a huge influence on his formative years as a musician. Must get that one.

• Like 3

I met the members of MGT after the little gig they played in Lawson last year *such a privilege!* and I asked Wolfgang what was his favourite Towner album. He replied that "Solo Live" had a huge influence on his formative years as a musician. Must get that one.

I have quite a few Towner discs,but not this one.After reading some reviews I think I'd better add this one to the list.Some nice album cover art in this thead. :)

• Like 1

Just finished listening to Tord Gustavsen Quartet - Extended Circlebad38c2a57ca431969a613cd8644e079.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gustavson is at the melbourne internat iazz festival this year along with pharoah sanders,chick corea and herbie hancock, the bad plus. Looks like i might be getting out a bit.
  • Like 1

Gustavson is at the melbourne internat iazz festival this year along with pharoah sanders,chick corea and herbie hancock, the bad plus. Looks like i might be getting out a bit.

Fantastic, last time I saw Gustavson was music viva in sydney few years ago? They were already brilliant imo.

Have fun your lucky man. [emoji1]

• Like 1