Sign in to follow this  
LogicprObe

On the grog!

The cat, yeah he's a hard case bugger, reminds me of Fat Freddy's cat of the "The Furry Freak Brothers" fame, if you don't know of them, trust me, google them, good fishing reading!

Just to clarify for those who may be chemically affected in their thought patterns.

Choosing to not drink alcohol routinely is an active choice made by many who feel a benefit from doing so.

It doesn't imply that the person is a wowser ( whatever that actually means ) but let's run with it meaning a general insult to people who make different choices about relaxation methods where physical impairment is not a pre requisite.

Many people I know and associate with, drink alcohol and I have no issue with their choice and in the same way they have no issue with my choice not to consume alcohol.

My point is, how about a little live and let live. Urination contests are best left in the school yard against the wall. :)

@@rantan

There is a fair...actually, large chunk of irony going on here and 'insult' is a word of your choosing, not mine certainly and not the other people here I'd imagine.

You don't need to comment here if your feeling that we're being harsh on that other thread and it's participants.

We're actually just taking the P out of things generally.

We're having fun and it's fun at no one's expense as far as I can see.

C.J.Dennis and Lawson and the people from the 19th early 20th century Bulletin and Norman Lindsay could probably point you and us in the correct definition of what a 'Wowser' is but I don't think we have any here.

Just to clarify for those who may be chemically affected in their thought patterns.

Choosing to not drink alcohol routinely is an active choice made by many who feel a benefit from doing so.

It doesn't imply that the person is a wowser ( whatever that actually means ) but let's run with it meaning a general insult to people who make different choices about relaxation methods where physical impairment is not a pre requisite.

Many people I know and associate with, drink alcohol and I have no issue with their choice and in the same way they have no issue with my choice not to consume alcohol.

My point is, how about a little live and let live. Urination contests are best left in the school yard against the wall. :)

That may be quite succinct in delivery & meaning, but preaching in a thread titled "on the grog", well.... each to their own & good luck with that! Respect goes both ways, as in you don't enter a thread against the meaning to denigrate & expect political correctness.

@@Luc. I agree mate. it's all just part of the fun here. I am pretty sure most of us respect one another a lot. :)

@@bzr. I respect you and as you say it needs to go both ways. you say I preach and I say you preach also. Different sermons though and mine implied native respect from the start.

So drop the wowser tag and we can start fresh with no issues :thumb:

Edited by rantan

So drop the wowser tag and we can start fresh with no issues :thumb:

My thoughts exactly.

Just my 2cents.

Carry on...

(It's back to the Currently Spinning thread for me)

Cheers,

LF :)

Edited by ferchersan

I just picked up the TV remote control thinking it was the mouse so count me out of this convo for a little while. Where's the cricket thread, can't find it, SL looking good.

The cat, yeah he's a hard case bugger, reminds me of Fat Freddy's cat of the "The Furry Freak Brothers" fame, if you don't know of them, trust me, google them, good fishing reading!

I still have some of their original comic books from the late 60's. Bought them new circa 1980 :)

I see the force is strong....

IMG_0733_zpsf0j4esko.jpg

@@bzr Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a minute here. Someone else is aware of the Bylong General store? Or is that beer cooler a hand-me-down? Edited by Jone5y

Another day of the week is my excuse.

Any day, in English, that ends in "y" is a good time to have a drink  :hiccup

JJ

@LogicprObe  Look out LP that other thread's mob is invading us now. Quick everyone open a beer at once, the noise will shoo them back to wowserville and the yoga contemplation classes...

I knew they were weak!

Beer is best!

@@bzr Whoa whoa whoa, hang on a minute here. Someone else is aware of the Bylong General store? Or is that beer cooler a hand-me-down?

Stopped there many times on a ride to Rylestone.

My grandparents used to live next door, a lot of my childhood was spent in Bylong and Wollar.

My grandparents used to live next door, a lot of my childhood was spent in Bylong and Wollar.

Ha! I bet you've got a good imagination then banging around that desolate countryside as a youngun.

Yes, time spent there was a little different from how most kids spend time these days. Tending to beehives and extracting honey - riding horses, exploring the scrub, hunting rabbits etc. Once a year we'd hunt through the local haysheds collecting contenders for this event

Edited by Jone5y

4 oclock and back on it.

Cant remember much about last night but apparently got in the middle of the outlaws bickering about me bringing the salad and the monster inlaw not cooking the vegies

Missus said told you so

As Homer Simpson said    you don't make friends with salad

Edited by Tony ray

Red label Coopers, ice cold and now a  Shiraz at room temp...it's like an ice cream head buzz only nicer and no squinting.

Guest Muon

Yes, time spent there was a little different from how most kids spend time these days. Tending to beehives and extracting honey - riding horses, exploring the scrub, hunting rabbits etc. Once a year we'd hunt through the local haysheds collecting contenders for this event

Without looking at the vid, I'm  picturing tiny little Jockeys  :wacko: 

Without looking at the vid, I'm  picturing tiny little Jockeys  :wacko:

I really don't think mice wear underwear...

Into my second who is with me

@@Kaynin Mickey mouse does

@@Tony ray     It depends on what he's doing...

post-134860-0-64744400-1425968538_thumb.

Guest Muon

I really don't think mice wear underwear...

@@Tony ray     It depends on what he's doing...

attachicon.gifd0108f32449b08e0119029921e7e985e.jpg

I have never checked, but evidence is mousing.......mounting :)

post-105164-0-79564400-1425969461_thumb.

Edited by ortofun

That Mickey His hung like a rat

Coopers red time

Tony ray likes this