SOLD: FS Musical Fidelity X-Can V8 & X-PSU V8 As New Mint

Item: Musical Fidelity X-Can V8 & X-PSU V8 as New Mint

Price: $600 plus shipping
Item Condition: As new Mint as would buy from the shop with all included accessories and original packaging
Reason for selling: Selling its match made in heaven so will no longer be needed
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal (at buyers cost)

Extra Info: I am the 2nd owner of this amp. However it was bought locally and comes with the original purchase invoice. Also included is the X-PSUv8 which is very much necessary to power it so horrible wall warts are not involved. These are being sold together here as a pair so please do not ask me to separate. I have owned previous x-cans amplifiers from musical fidelity and this version the last they produced is indeed the very best and most featured. It is a class A tube headphone amp with dual outputs and can not only be fed off analog signal but also has a usb port and if needed it has a pre out and can also be used as a pre amp if needed.

The units themselves are unmarked, faultless and comes with all accessories as you would have bought this from the shop. Included also is the original manuals, remote, and original invoice as proof of purchase. Also included are the musical fidelity original box and packaging.

With the original packaging I am quite comfortable to ship this anywhere in australia at buyers cost. Items will be over wrapped in bubble wrap and black plastic and with fragile stickers and shipping means at buyers choice though I can arrange. If of course in melbourne am more than happy to demo this lovely unit in situ in my system so you can pay cash on pick up and buy with absolute confidence that the item is exactly as described and as though brand new from a shop   :)

Please note I have priced this quite competitively, and as I always intend with for sales I list here typically for a week or so and then if still unsold move across to ebay where to cover the selling costs I list a bit higher and until its sold. So heres a chance to grab a mint pair of these at  great price...grab it while you can....   :D

Also please note subject to another for sale I am also selling the match made in heaven for these in the Sennheiser HD700 Headphone. And if this headphone amp is purchased along with these headphones then I am quite willing to take $100 off the overall combined price :)

ps some additional info from the musical fidelity website,

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/manuals/English/xcanv8_eng.pdf

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploads/manuals/English/xpsuv8_eng.pdf

From Sam Tellig's review in Stereophile

"Right from the get-go, with the standard wall wart power supply, it was obvious to me that the X-Can V8 is a great advance over the V3. Resolution through the AKGs (701) was extraordinary. I could hear every detail of a recording, whether I was meant to or not, including edits and urban traffic noise (there is no traffic noise at our home). The midrange and high frequencies were exquisite. The AKG's midrange and treble were superb: smooth and sweet, and combined with utter clarity......driven by the MF, the AKG's bass had such depth, fullness and authority that I could scarcely believe I was listening through headphones...".

"Now, about the X-PSU V8 power supply: Earlier X-series supplies won't work with the V8 series, including the X-CAN V8. Is the X-PSU V8 worth the extra $500? Only you can say. On its own, with its supplied wall wart, the X-CAN V8 is a stellar performer. It's easily the finest headphone amplifier I have heard for under $1000 - and it goes for only $550. But maybe you should turn it into an $1050 headphone amp by adding the X-PSU V8 power supply."

"With the X-PSU V8, the bass tightened up. Dynamics improved slightly. The music emerged from an even more silent background - you know all that business about preamps and power supplies. In addition, the X-PSU V8 gives you an on/off switch, which is handy if you believe, as I do, in turning off equipment - particularly to prolong tube life. Experience with previous versions of the X-CAN has shown me that the tubes will need to be replaced in two or three years if the amp is left powered up all the time. So I don't."

"I laugh my evil laugh. This headphone amp did a heckuva job, as President Bush said to disaster honcho Michael Brown. The sound was full, dynamic, and sweet and tubelike way, without cloying. I was enthralled - especially considering the price.

It became obvious that the X-PSU V8 power supply enhanced the X-CAN V8's performance as a line stage as well - dynamic range, bass control, overall clarity. I don't want to overstress this point and tell you that the optional power supply is a must - or "mandatory," as Kal Rubinson likes to say. But how cheap can you get? With the X-PSU V8, the price is $1050 for a cracker-jack headphone amp with its own onboard USB DAC and a spiffy line-stage preamp."

Pictures: please see the pics below which hopefully show to you the absolutely pristine as new condition of this lovely piece of gear   :)

11321262455_39c98cfc7e_b.jpg

16616082026_a2fbc97214_b.jpg

16642011565_be319da061_b.jpg

Cough cough , X Ray?     :-)

sorry wrong doctor..wrong thread :D

Wasn't the idea of an hifi gear to hear everything, not see through it? Very odd nomenclature this is to me.

theory was it sees through to reveal and expose details not normally seen. but in any case as much interest in the x-ray it aint for sale :P

• Like 1

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation, or purchasing a StereoNET T-Shirt.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Merchandise Purchase Option

Stereo.white_-Breeze_-_Black_copy2.jpg

You can purchase a StereoNET T-Shirt with all profits benefiting StereoNET. Click here for more information.

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.