Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

Off the grog!!

Recommended Posts

Tomorrow is another day as they say ... yesterday can’t be changed ... easy to wipe the slate clean and start the day afresh :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blybo said:

Thread revival.

 

Had a few too many last night hosting a dinner party. Felt ordinary this morning and then broke my fast and my diet with junk food. Now feeling pretty crappy with myself over the whole issue and fed up with it all.

 

I've always been a regular drinker but since Christmas the consumption has got a little heavier once more, so need to do something. I've switched from beer/wine to spirits and diet mixers as part of my ketogenic diet. The problem is the stuff is so easy to drink, and because I drink (any liquid) quickly, I've had too many before the full effect kicks in. And who am I kidding? Still drinking regularly is the only reason my weigh loss has plateau'ed, as it also makes me tired and less likely to exercise.

 

 

So I'm off off it till Easter school holidays. Will re-evaluate then.

 

I'm going to install the big ass fan I've been procrastinating over doing and get back into my cardio sessions on the indoor bike trainer and treadmill of a night time when I'd otherwise be drinking.

 

Mate, your doing twice as good as me so dont beat yourself up over a nights indulgence.  Im also annoyed as ive been 3 weeks on more or less Keto and only lost a measly 1kg. Christ I reckon I could do better than that with 5mins on the bog (but I digress!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

 

Mate, your doing twice as good as me so dont beat yourself up over a nights indulgence.  Im also annoyed as ive been 3 weeks on more or less Keto and only lost a measly 1kg. Christ I reckon I could do better than that with 5mins on the bog (but I digress!)

If you are not losing weigh on keto, you are doing 1 or more of the following;

  • missing some hidden carbs or sugar in food you are eating
  • not eating enough fat (zero sugar/carbs, moderate protein, high fat)
  • simply eating too many calories- easy to do if getting stuck into nuts/avocado/fatty meats/soft cheeses etc etc

 

You are either in ketosis or you are not. The weight loss will not happen with "more or less keto" as the fat burning "switch" is simply turned off. Due to the nature of yesterdays dinner party I had beer/wine and some bundy so I was not in ketosis, and probably won't be back there till tomorrow. It was amazing how much more hungry I was this morning as my body was looking for sugar. The result of the hunger and mild hangover was me eating a pack of twisties and stuffing up another day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, blybo said:

If you are not losing weigh on keto, you are doing 1 or more of the following;

  • missing some hidden carbs or sugar in food you are eating
  • not eating enough fat (zero sugar/carbs, moderate protein, high fat)
  • simply eating too many calories- easy to do if getting stuck into nuts/avocado/fatty meats/soft cheeses etc etc

 

You are either in ketosis or you are not. The weight loss will not happen with "more or less keto" as the fat burning "switch" is simply turned off. Due to the nature of yesterdays dinner party I had beer/wine and some bundy so I was not in ketosis, and probably won't be back there till tomorrow. It was amazing how much more hungry I was this morning as my body was looking for sugar. The result of the hunger and mild hangover was me eating a pack of twisties and stuffing up another day.

Thanks. When I said more or less keto that meant basically Optifast for breakfast and lunch with a normalish dinner but consisting of less carbs (rice, potato's etc.) Alcohol has been reduced with a few exceptions as well.

 

Easy to put on but a b**h to loose!  Overall im doing ok though and am now down to 103kg so whilst feeling slightly better I still have a long way to go.\

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Tubularbells

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, Tubularbells said:

Thanks. When I said more or less keto that meant basically Optifast for breakfast and lunch with a normalish dinner but consisting of less carbs (rice, potato's etc.) Alcohol has been reduced with a few exceptions as well.

 

Esay to put on but a b**h to loose!  Overall though im doing ok though and am now down to 103kg so whilst feeling slightly better I still have a long way to go.

I tried those horrible shakes a few years ago and felt they did nothing to curb hunger or cravings. YMMV. I've found fasting much easier, as long as I stay in keto helps a lot too.

 

Apparently you need to keep carbs to under 50grams a day to stay in keto, and you have to think probably 1/2 of that will come from leafy green vegies.

 

My day usually consists of

  • no breakfast but I have a apple cider vinegar drink followed by 2 glasses of water to wash the taste away and then a shot of coffee with no sugar.
  • lunch will be a salad with the previous nights left over meat or a can of tuna with avo, grated cheese and olive or avo oil as a dressing. Sometimes followed by a small container of mixed nuts or a couple of twiggy sticks.
  • Dinner is whatever the rest of the family is having but I'll substitute rice or pasta with steamed veggies.
  • Sugar free chocolate for a treat after dinner which is actually very nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, blybo said:

I tried those horrible shakes a few years ago and felt they did nothing to curb hunger or cravings. YMMV. I've found fasting much easier, as long as I stay in keto helps a lot too.

 

Apparently you need to keep carbs to under 50grams a day to stay in keto, and you have to think probably 1/2 of that will come from leafy green vegies.

 

My day usually consists of

  • no breakfast but I have a apple cider vinegar drink followed by 2 glasses of water to wash the taste away and then a shot of coffee with no sugar.
  • lunch will be a salad with the previous nights left over meat or a can of tuna with avo, grated cheese and olive or avo oil as a dressing. Sometimes followed by a small container of mixed nuts or a couple of twiggy sticks.
  • Dinner is whatever the rest of the family is having but I'll substitute rice or pasta with steamed veggies.
  • Sugar free chocolate for a treat after dinner which is actually very nice

Man you need to become my diet coach 🤣 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Man you need to become my diet coach 🤣 👍

I’m happy to share what has and hasn’t worked for me. 

You tube is a great source of dietary info, although I tend to only take info from those with medical or scientific backgrounds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Classifieds Statistics


    Currently Active Ads

    Total Sales (Since 2018)

    Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

    Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...