Sign in to follow this  
TP1

Yet Another Ultrasonic RCM - This time from China

It seems that the Chinese company trading as "Amari Acoustics" has been busy.  Here is an ultrasonic RCM  available in China at the moment. They also do an Audiodesk clone but I think it is only a matter of time before this particular one is "badge engineered" and sold more broadly around the world. Price is around $1600 USD  in China.

T12KmMFrlbXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

Amari make a range of decent turntables sold as "Hannss Acoustics" in the West.  They also make this RCM - which seems to be  an improvement on the VPI /Nitty Gritty  style of product and  is sold under a number of brands.

Amari-LP-Cleaning-Machine.jpg

Looks interesting. The one above is also sold under the Consonance brand, in its most affordable version that I have come across:

http://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/record-cleaning-machines-okki-nokki-vs-consonance/

While affordable, I've found them to be built very solid, so I imagine the ultrasonic version would be no different.

Looks interesting. The one above is also sold under the Consonance brand, in its most affordable version that I have come across:

http://www.stereo.net.au/reviews/record-cleaning-machines-okki-nokki-vs-consonance/

While affordable, I've found them to be built very solid, so I imagine the ultrasonic version would be no different.

I would agree that the Consonance looks to be the best value RCM in Oz at the moment. Greg Osborn has kept the price keen.

They making a big mistake using vacuum suction to dry records.

The sound will suck.

They making a big mistake using vacuum suction to dry records.

The sound will suck.

Use a clothes dryer instead........?.......... :)

I wonder if Greg Osbon will be bringing in the ultrasonic RCM

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By grorr76
      Item: interested in any vacuum record cleaner 
      Price Range: 4-500 tops
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: any brand no preference automatic or manual

• By betty boop
      folks, considering an ultrasonic record cleaner... of the more affordable variety... I am not planning to spend on one costing the same as a turntable.

And with more than my own share of home projects going on and plenty on the to do list no interest to be dong anything DIY in this regard.

So what are folks experience with Affordable ultrasonic record cleaning machines of the non DIY variety ...

theres this nobsound one on amazon - any thoughts or experience ? 
      nobsound on amazon

dont want to get one and find a waste of cash ? last thing world needs is more land fill

any good experiences with anything out there (non DIY - please and affordable)

• By Goatboy
      Item: Okki Nokki MKI  MKII RCM (White)
      Price: $520
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: NLR
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

EDIT: This is a MKII and not a MK1, as I first thought. This means it is manufactured in China (not Germany) and has a plastic instead of metal wand. Apologies for any confusion caused !

For sale is a MK II Okki Nokki record cleaner, purchased in 2014 from Krispy Audio. Included in the sale are wands for 12” and 7” records, a clamp, and dust cover. The cover and 7” wand are additional purchases and retail for $115 and $75 respectively, and the 7" wand is unused. The dust cover is a must IMO, as keeping dust from a RCM is pretty important !

The unit has seen mild to moderate use, and there are months where it’s barely used. 

For anyone not familiar with the Okki Nokki, it is a wet - vacuum cleaning system, and works by first agitating debris from the record as it rotates via a brush placed along the grooves. After a few rotations (the unit has forward and reverse) the wand vacuums the liquid away, leaving you with a clean and hopefully crackle and pop - free record. It can’t perform miracles and fix a record retrieved from a dumpster, but for gunk, mould, fingerprints etc... it does a good job.  And with the debris and detritus new records come with, it’s a good idea to clean everything, not just 2nd hand purchases. Your needle will thank you. 

A few months after I received the unit, it had an issue with the vacuum cleaner which was easily fixed by a fuse replacement and was a common problem with this model. It has been trouble - free ever since. 

The original brush is long gone, so you’ll need to grab something suitable. There are plenty of options, and of course you’ll need to arm yourself with a record cleaning concoction. 
      I’ll also throw in a back - up set of spare velvet strips, which attach to the 12” wand and should be changed about every 50 records. 

Shipping is possible as I have the box for the unit, however I don’t have one for the dust cover and so preference is given to local pick-up.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Yardbird
      Item: Knosti Disco-Antistat
      Price: $30
      Item Condition: Used
      Reason for selling: No longer needed
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      Purchased from another SNAer a few months ago and I never used it. Decided to go with an ultrasonic set up instead due to the volume of records that I have to clean. 
      Does not have the drying rack as it never came with the system when I purchased it (missing rack show in pic three).
      Happy to post at buyers expense.