Sign in to follow this  
soundfan

Vibrato Ultrasonic Record Cleaner

I understand your concerns @@David.M, as I stated; I went on feedback from the manufacturer.

But 30 odd records the other yesterday and about 20 the weekend before. No warps or buckles thus far.

I'll do more research... it would be excellent if I could get the same results with room temp water, it would save me a lot of hassle to be honest.

I'm always open to suggestions from other users of Ultrasonic cleaners, at the minute I'm just putting my learning curve on display for all to see.  :P

Hi Chris

My KL Audio US cleaner just uses room temperature water and it works a treat.  Same with the Audio Desk I think.

Why are you using hot water?  I would think the ultrasonic cleaning will work fine for in normal cold water.

BTW, have you tried with just the water and no alcohol?    

Cheers

Hi Chris

My KL Audio US cleaner just uses room temperature water and it works a treat. Same with the Audio Desk I think.

Why are you using hot water? I would think the ultrasonic cleaning will work fine for in normal cold water.

BTW, have you tried with just the water and no alcohol?

Cheers

Hi Shane.

Food for thought there. I'm going on recommendations from the DIY forum with a 90 odd page thread on Ultrasonic cleaners.

Maybe next time I do a batch of records I will try with no Isopropyl Alcohol, and distilled water at room temperature.

Or are you using normal tap water?

Hi Shane.

Food for thought there. I'm going on recommendations from the DIY forum with a 90 odd page thread on Ultrasonic cleaners.

Maybe next time I do a batch of records I will try with no Isopropyl Alcohol, and distilled water at room temperature.

Or are you using normal tap water?

Using Distilled Water.  Glendale 4L from the Cincotta chemist $4.95

I believe distilled is more pure.

Let us know how the room temp cleaning goes.

Using Distilled Water.  Glendale 4L from the Cincotta chemist $4.95

I believe distilled is more pure.

Let us know how the room temp cleaning goes.

My distilled water is costing me about $8.00 for 4 litres.  Have been too lazy to shop around for cheaper prices, but will do so. 

My distilled water is costing me about $8.00 for 4 litres.  Have been too lazy to shop around for cheaper prices, but will do so. 

I plain found it hard to find anywhere who sold distilled water.   The cheaper price was just luck.

My bad. The stuff I buy was demineralised water. I don't think I've seen distilled water for a while either.

I plain found it hard to find anywhere who sold distilled water.   The cheaper price was just luck.

Aah, I see your old gf has taken you back ... is it going to work out, this time around?  :P  The one you've just given the flick to has a lot more going for her, IMO. ;)

Andy

Guest Willow

My demineralised water is costing me about $8.00 for 4 litres.  Have been too lazy to shop around for cheaper prices, but will do so. 

Might be worth giving RO a shot , Chris - should be a vending machine close by  http://www.nabropure.com.au/index.php

After a little more experimenting I have settled on:

Setting temperature at 41 degrees celcius.

Using distilled water and a 100 ml of Isopropyl alcohol.

A quick spin on my KAB EV 1 to remove the moisture after they come out of cleaner.

I can easily clean about 30 to 40 records in a couple of hours

I've cleaned about 80 records over the last week, and am very very happy with how things are going.

Funny thing though; I received a new 2 LP record the other day in the mail, and both records were dished. 

Today after coming out of cleaner they were straight again.  :P  True.

Of the 150 or so records I have now cleaned, only 1 has come out of cleaner warped, and that was in first bunch I ever did.