Sign in to follow this  
Stumpy

F/S: Complete system - Sonique 6.5 / Centaur / Arcam / Anthem

Item: Sonique 5 Series 6.5 Speakers, Sonique Centaur center speaker, Anthem MRX300, Osborn datalink cables
Price: see below
Item Condition: Main speakers and amplifier - excellent. Center speaker has a crackle coming from one of the midwoofers at mid-high volume - an artifact of previously being driven in a home theater setup with Vaf i-93's and the crossover set at 60hz.
Reason for selling: Moving to London
Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
As I'm moving for an indefinite period, there's no sense in putting it all in storage!
Auditions welcome at Norwood.

***** EDIT & price reduction - pickup or pack & send only

Sonique 6.5 speakers and Centaur: $900

Anthem MRX300: $450

Cables: $100 (want to sell after speakers, so that I can keep using them til then!)

Sonique 6.5 speakers are the latest revision - I purchased them new in 2008 for $3000. Excellent detail and a very high quality speaker. I can't find links to them any more, but they're quite well known on Stereonet, so some of the guys should be able to comment.They're a 2 way d'appolito speaker with seas vented phase plug 6.5" midwofoers and soft dome tweeters. 

Here's a review of the smaller 5.5 - the 6.5 has larger woofers, better bass, and higher power handling: http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_7_3/sonique-55-se-speakers-8-2000.html

The center speaker can definitely be repaired - it's just one of the midwoofers that requires replacement. I thought I'd include it with the main speakers, as it makes fro a voice matched pair. I paid $900 for this center speaker when I purchased the mains - the set of speakers can be had for 23% of my purchase price!

Anthem MRX300 needs no introduction - they have an excellent reputation, with companies like Vaf even positioning then as a frontend for rather expensive power amps and i-93 speakers a couple years ago.

post-105094-0-21494900-1423034475_thumb.

post-105094-0-93583600-1423034540_thumb.

post-105094-0-39518600-1423034563_thumb.

post-105094-0-31820500-1423034589_thumb.

post-105094-0-17391000-1423034618_thumb.

Edited by Stumpy

Great price.

Nice system

A bargin for someone in SA

GLWS

Hi Stumpy

Would you considering posting if splitting up?

Thanks

Ben

Hi Ben,

It's looking like there's quite a bit of interest in the individual components, so I guess I'll split it!

I'm happy to post the amps or cable, but I binned the boxes in the last move, so will need to take the amps to pack and send or the like. I suspect the speakers will be too much hassle to ship - they're quite heavy (25-30kg each if memory serves) and the veneer really is quite nice - it'd be a shame to damage them.

Cheers

Al

Hey Guys, as people seem primarily interested in individual components, I've listed individual prices.

I've had quite a few offers, though I think the prices posted are quite reasonable. I'll leave them up for a week for anyone interested, then will start looking at offers if they still haven't done.

Cheers

Al

Edited as Arcam amp has been sold. Price dropped on remaining items for local pickup only (or drop off to pack and send). I really couldn't be bothered doing the eBay thing, so I'll give it another couple of weeks on here. If the Soniques don't sell at that price, I'll put them in storage.

Cheers

Al

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)