Sansui Amps Owners & Discussion Thread

On 01/07/2020 at 5:59 AM, Sansui77 said:

It's a bit quiet around here as well but slowly and patiently adjusting the channels on my AU-1111 Mos Vintage. 

IMG_20200621_152610.thumb.jpg.e827c526d1259f33195f9adb78d5dcde.jpg

That is some shiny sui you've got there, did you give it a clean with Mr. Sheen? (<see what I did here ;-))

mr+sheen.jpg

• Like 2

This is a very clear and powerful sounding unique Sansui AU-9500 Clone designed and handcrafted by a unknown Japanese Audiofreak

There are few modification which improve the Soundstage from the regular AU-9500 remarkable with  JBLs 

? Cheers

IMG_20190728_162127.thumb.jpg.8dfcf2513b2d42652814daae1a88289e.jpg

Build like Tank

IMG_20190728_162324.thumb.jpg.ba068df1763a054c74b495b0841ccfd5.jpg

Cage included

IMG_20190728_161936.thumb.jpg.b93af3dc69f5547a70063750451a5c29.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Shanghai Wally said:

This is a very clear and powerful sounding unique Sansui AU-9500 Clone designed and handcrafted by a unknown Japanese Audiofreak

Very interesting!

I'd probably describe it as something other than a 'clone' (which means an exact replica). It looks to have the AU-9500 heatsinks and outputs, but the rest is quite different and it certainly looks worlds apart.

An interesting amp nonetheless!

Hi Pete

You right my discription isn't correct this is very much a handmade amp using parts from the AU-9500  unfortunately dont have any schematics so it would be pretty difficult to repair if major problems show up

well luckily till now the amp works without any issue anyway sooner or later will sell cause to many goodies in the cave

In the moment traveling the V-Fet road with Yamaha  B-3 in BTL Modus with very good results beside the Sansui BA-150,TAC-505 and Yamaha B-2 system this Combo sounds also very good in my ears and create abit the feeling  my Soundjourney could have arrive the final destination 

sorry about my lousy english

cheers mate keep on rockin and have a nice weekend

?

15938112708047033746984914564731.jpg

Edited by Shanghai Wally
adjust layout
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Shanghai Wally said:

Hi Pete

You right my discription isn't correct this is very much a handmade amp using parts from the AU-9500  unfortunately dont have any schematics so it would be pretty difficult to repair if major problems show up

well luckily till now the amp works without any issue anyway sooner or later will sell cause to many goodies in the cave

In the moment traveling the V-Fet road with Yamaha  B-3 in BTL Modus with very good results beside the Sansui BA-150,TAC-505 and Yamaha B-2 system this Combo sounds also very good in my ears and create abit the feeling  my Soundjourney could have arrive the final destination 

sorry about my lousy english

cheers mate keep on rockin and have a nice weekend

?

Very nice mate! So glad to hear that you're enjoying your current setup so much.

And please don't apologise for your English... I was being a bit picky regarding your wording. You communicate very well indeed! :)

• Like 1

OK, the all Sansui system has it's own room.

IMG_1208.thumb.JPG.bd25efcf8a4197c763f249a9f01e91a4.JPG

Apologies for the lighting, I have yet to replace the crappy light bulbs that came with the place with ones that will actually shed some decent light.

The sound quality is very good, far less of that brittle top end that I've heard the SP-100i speakers exhibit in the past.  I will admit however that I haven't had much time to listen yet though.  This weekend I'll make some time to see how the All Sansui system handles a few different styles.

• Like 7

I have a few things to say about my new Sansui Room but I'm not sure this is the thread for it.  I think it might be better served in a more general Sansui thread since it involves a mix of Sansui gear and technically none of them are Alpha series amps.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cafad said:

I have a few things to say about my new Sansui Room but I'm not sure this is the thread for it.  I think it might be better served in a more general Sansui thread since it involves a mix of Sansui gear and technically none of them are Alpha series amps.

You are missing a Sansui hifi cabinet & tuner.

Just now, misternavi said:

You are missing a Sansui hifi cabinet & tuner.

I have two Sansui tuners, they just don't have any aerial to connect to yet so they are still in storage.  As with most systems, it's a work in progress.

I did have the chance to get a Sansui rack at one point but my case of Sansui fever had yet to fully set in back then and I missed out on it because I was too slow.

IMG_1211.thumb.JPG.3fe425ec980c1df14369a295e17d4ae5.JPG

My new Sansui Room.  Sounds very nice!

Also, it has something to teach me, there is something interesting going on in the combination of those speakers and the rest of the gear.  I think I've worked it out but I need a few more hours to repeat a few tests.  I really love it when a system teaches me something new, it always comes as a surprise.

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Cafad said:

I did have the chance to get a Sansui rack at one point but my case of Sansui fever had yet to fully set in back then and I missed out on it because I was too slow.

i was just checking how much of a fanboy you are.

Don't worry too much about the cabinet.

I gave away my Sansui cabinet because it didn't fit my 907 - I had to take off those side metal thingies to slide them in.

1 hour ago, Reidy12 said:

WOW, what is that monster on the floor??  Is this and the alpha 100V Japan models?

That is a B-2302 power amp.  

And yes, all the Alphas are 100 volt. 

There are a few exceptions, there were some 230 volt DR series amps (made for the European market I believe) and the somewhat better known MRX versions of the MR series but these are very few and very far between.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cafad said:

That is a B-2302 power amp.  

And yes, all the Alphas are 100 volt. 

There are a few exceptions, there were some 230 volt DR series amps (made for the European market I believe) and the somewhat better known MRX versions of the MR series but these are very few and very far between.

Jeff, we need some close ups of both the B/C combo please?? How does it compare to say the newer design NRA?

Edited by Sansui77

I can do that.

IMG_1216.thumb.JPG.9738e1c5fee09b00bc675307a9473405.JPGIMG_1218.thumb.JPG.8608d57748c3da3c20f82a329ff99cb2.JPGIMG_1219.thumb.JPG.79ed133346b64ff368cc27e90487f25d.JPG

The 907NRA has more of a smooth polish to its sound, it certainly doesn't seem to miss much detail when you are listening to it but compared to the C-2302/B-2302 combo I'm afraid it is.  The 2302's are a little more dynamic and a bit more relaxed in their presentation as well. 

That comparison above is while using the conventional volume pot on the C-2302, if you use the "source direct" function (which bypasses the volume pot and utilises a stepped attenuator set up instead) then both dynamics and detail improve noticeably.

In the area of hard-sung vocals the NRA is right up there with the best but when it comes to soft and delicate instruments the pre/pwr has more detail and a more natural decay.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Baby sitting a very nice AU 7900 c/o @Phil sydney will be starting a new life in Queensland with @Zedamon lucky boy - She had a sleep over at Dr. Pete Mac's clinic last night, a few small adjustments a sponge bath and a clean bill of health was given. Suggested change of diet.

Did a spot of near field listening this afternoon, excuse the cables had to traverse pass a speaker to run a turntable. I don't have any decent MM carts at the moment so the Sansui path is slightly tainted with an external phono.

Ortofon Rohmann ruby cantilever - SR 525 - Exposure 26 - AU 7900 - JBL 4313b 

Put some flac FLAC files through also which didn't disappoint, could think of worse things to be doing on a Sunday afternoon 

IMG_0803.thumb.PNG.4c739b196407f8d5896a295304e8c42a.PNG

IMG_0805.thumb.PNG.acb79d18ae24cd48602d9e56e0dcddc7.PNG

IMG_0802.thumb.PNG.da3e70ccef504eeb0f4b2bb39ea56480.PNG

Edited by Powerglide
So Luc can sleep
  • Like 8
  • Love 1