SOLD: EOI: Otari MX-55 Reel to Reel Player & accessories

SOLD

Item: Otari MX-55 deck, Custom stand/trolley, 2 x metal 10.5" spools branded Scotch, about a dozen pre recorded reel tapes at 15 IPS and 7.5 IPS, Splicing Kit and accessories, downloaded manual.

Price: EOI at this stage, if interest, will sell as one lot for around $1800.00

Item Condition: Otari is in vgc for age, has marks and scratches, but operates as it should. Stand/trolley is approx 1 yr old, reel spools are vgc.

Reason for selling: Can't support both a vinyl and R2R habit.

Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only

Extra Info: The Otari MX-55 is not often seen around the traps in OZ, haven't seen one on Ebay since I purchased this beauty. A class above the well regarded Otari 5050 deck, it sounds superb, and operation wise since I purchased  a bit over a year ago, has been faultless. There is so much this machine could do that I haven't figured out, as I bought it simply to play reels that I purchased, and I never ventured into recording at all. Apparently the deck was serviced in Sydney prior to my purchase, but I have no paperwork to verify this.

Mine is configured to play 1/4" spools at either 15 or 7.5 IPS. Machine can be adjusted internally to play 7.5 and 3 3/4 ips spools.

All reel tapes have fresh leader tape applied at start and tail of tape.

Only an EOI at this time. I'm unsure how much interest there is for this deck, but as stated, you don't see them  (MX-55) turn up often, and they are great recording and playback decks. I wanted to experience what a quality R2R deck had to offer, and have now done that. :)

I just haven't the funds to buy both reel tapes and records to feed my vinyl addiction. If no interest, I will happily keep.

If interest is shown, I will convert to a for sale listing. Brisbane members are more than welcomed to come inspect/hear in operation. I won't split up either. Either it all goes to one buyer, or it remains with me.

I would consider trades for hi fi related gear as well, especially vinyl playback related gear.

Pictures:

Not pictured is 2  x 15 IPS reels by Laura Veirs: Warp & Weft and July Flame. Both sound superb, and are great albums to boot. All tapes pictured are 7.5 IPS reels.

Otarione_zps296655a4.jpg

c065df63-475b-4e69-b115-bdcf40e681fe_zps

1225219e-9a3c-41f1-a055-89b07dc7b5c7_zps

r2r3_zps3a841957.jpg

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...