Sign in to follow this  
jamitch50

Garrard Record Changer

I have a HMV turntable which has a Garrard Record Changer (reverse unimech). It's a 6300 model 70. The available manuals (VinylEngine etc) do not describe how this record changer works. Put very simply it differs from the unimech in that the unimech has an overarm which stabilises the record stack. The reverse unimech, by virtue of its different operation does not need an overarm and has a side platform support, off which the records are pulled before being dropped.

This all works OK for 33" LPs but I can't see how it is supposed to work for 10" and 7" records.

Does anyone have one of these models and know how the record changer works for "10 and 7" discs?

Thanks VA. I think that answered my question (great site). Basically the record changer model I have only deals with 12" 33rpm LPs. Anyting else has to be manual.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HiFidelius
      Item: Garrard Turntable  Fully Auto Model Synchro-Lab 65 B
      Price: $120.00
      Item Condition: Used (Vintage)
      Reason for selling: Upgrade
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal +3%, COD Only
      Extra Info:Bloody good machine for the age, it does what it's supposed  to do very well and is most comfortable with older vinyl.....not sure what the cartridge is but I suspect it could be a Shure. The only reason I'm selling is because I have upgraded most of my Stereo gear and the package needed  new TT.
      For obvious reasons this is a PICK UP only sale.

Pictures:

• By mlinvpp
      Item: Garrard 401 + plinth + feet + cover
      Price: $1650
      Item Condition: Very good
      Reason for selling: taking up new project
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Up for sale is a beautiful Garrard 401, the all time classic turntable from my collection. It's purchased late 1974 in Sydney, I am the lucky second owner.
      Price listed including:
      1 x Garrard 401 motor unit;
      1 x Custom made plinth from AA grade marine plywood, very heavy;
      One 10mm metal spacer; 
      One 15mm metal spacer;
      4 x VPI Classic feet; 
      1 x Custom made dust cover;
      Original paperworks shown in the photos.
      No tonearm nor cartridge is included but I have a SME 3012R and a SME V available, please PM me if you need them.
      it will seat on a 600 x 500mm preform comfortably.
      I am not comfortable to ship so for now they are for local pick up only.

Pictures:

• By jeromep
      Item: Garrard RC 88/4  or 98/4
      Price Range: negotiable 
      Item Condition: New or Used
      Extra Info: Looking for turntable in working or semi-working condition 

• By Full Range
      Hi all
      Thought it would be a good time to post a record of my Garrard 401 referbishment to still be viable in the 22nd Century
      From the beginning I had my mind set on certain aspects I wanted to be included, and I also wanted a sim pathetic refurb on the turntable itself as not to alter the original look and build wherever possible
      So the first thing on the list was a beautiful and audio worthy plank of wood to be used as a plinth
      This search took a while by visiting and investigating local timber merchants available stock
      In the end I found some Crows Ash, the timber merchant explained to me that it's a soapy wood that needs patience to work with it but will be rewarding in the end
      A quick point is that when sanding or drilling, this timber smells like tomato sauce
      Some information I found on Crows Ash
      Crow’s ash is predominately used for flooring and decking. It is also used for boat building and outdoor furniture. In times gone by it was used as flooring for dance halls due to its highly durable characteristics.
      While it is visually appealing, this species is not easy to work with, which limits the applications it can be used for. Crow’s ash is quite greasy which means it is hard to glue and nail
      ---------------------
      At the time I purchased the Crows Ash and just prior to commencing the project in 2011 I had some health issues that required hospitalisation and although I built a few sets of speakers while mending, the Garrard TT project was shelved and put on hold for some time
      The time came to get a start again on the build
      Although the plinth was CNC cut and also routed so the Garrad body casing would sit lower shortly after it was purchased it was patiently waiting for me to give it some attention

• By denimhunter
      Just got a garrard 401 and looking for recommendations for tonearm. Considering EMT 929, SME 3012, Ortofon RMG 309, Audio Technica 1501 mk3?, Jelco. I am hoping for a musical setup rather than a 'vintage collectible'. I have a zyx r100 which I am thinking of reusing on the garrard.
      There isn't a lot on the EMT with the Garrard and I have heard conflicting opinion.
      Any thoughts? Thank you