Wanted: Receiver box/packaging

Spetz

Hi everyone,

I want to put a receiver in my suitcase to take overseas.
I don't have the original box for it and was hoping someone has the original packaging of their receiver they don't want/need?

The receiver is 174mm in height.

Sydney area

Umm, I'll be the first, and ask how long it is and how wide?

We know how high it is.

Err, exactly what type/brand of receiver is it?

You couldn't just safely wrap it up in bubble wrap, place that inside a double cardboard box that you cut to size from cardboard you picked up from the recycle centre or Bunnings or Dan Murphys?

Sorry I thought all receivers were the same width/depth?

It's an Onkyo TX-SR604

Bubble wrap will be the second option, I don't think I can make a sturdy enough box though.

I am mostly concerned about the receiver becoming deformed out of shape

It's not hard to make a double thickness box using a stanley knife and packing tape and cardboard boxes from the aforementioned.

Should take you about half an hour max, do it properly and you can do away with the bubble wrap.

I don't see a problem.

Here is an idea. Find two stiff bits of cardboard and gladwrap your receiver to them (top and bottom) with potentially a layer of bubble wrap. Then use clothing and securely pack it in the centre with soft clothing surrounds. It won't go anywhere.

Having said that, you'd probably be best putting it a seperate box or hand luggage bag you can take on as carry on if it will fit. At least then you can guarantee what happens to it

Bubble wrap the receiver. Twice - two layers. Sticky tape so sealed. Then over wrap with card board as Luc suggests. Just crease cardboard at corners and tape together. Can get all you need from auspost or tape & bubble wrap for boxes. Fruit boxes or any boxes from you local shop keeper. Bunnings etc. Or go to any of those storage places they sell boxes.

I would make sure bubbe wrap and well as you need to mind the foam you get in original boxes so go asuch as 50mm thick.

And make sure the box is well taped and secure. Have you seen the way they fling cargo on the Tarmac to go in the hold of the plane ?

Another option is wrap well in blankets again 50 mm thick. Then put in one of those old hard plastic suitcases. Buy cheap on eBay :)

If don't have blankets get from st vinnies

Hand luggage would be preferred choice but your usually limited by size and weight