Tantalising Turntables

OK 2 sheds, time for some more for you to tell all wnhat they are. Excuse if we have seen them before.

img33.gif

platine1.jpg

platine2.jpg

Silbchromtotale600.jpg

01010022.JPG

OK,

1) mmmmm....?????

2) and 3) Pierre Lurne Audiomeca Belladonna

4)En Vogue

5)Morsiani

And I still don't recognise the first one, although it could be related to 2 and 3 - the gold plate on the front and the cold and black arm looks like Pierre Lurne's style...

cheers

2sheds

OK,

1) mmmmm....?????

2) and 3) Pierre Lurne Audiomeca Belladonna

4)En Vogue

5)Morsiani

And I still don't recognise the first one, although it could be related to 2 and 3 - the gold plate on the front and the cold and black arm looks like Pierre Lurne's style...

cheers

2sheds

evening sheds,

i think it's an audiomecca romeo...

regards,guru.

Evening Guru. Thanks for that. I can't recall seeing that one before, but it does have a little of the Audiomeca look.

cheers

2sheds

evening sheds,

i hope it's right,i used to lust after the lurne turntables from when kostas used to sell them but the later ones were'nt as pretty as the 1's and 5's with their linear tracking arms.

regards,guru.

evening sheds,

i hope it's right,i used to lust after the lurne turntables from when kostas used to sell them but the later ones were'nt as pretty as the 1's and 5's with their linear tracking arms.

regards,guru.

Guru,

Yep, Audiomeca Romeo it was :D And who didn't lust after one of these....

199878781.jpg

cheers

2sheds

[ATTACH]3675[/ATTACH]

I have no idea what this turntable is. It was on show at CES 2007, but was unidentified by the photographer. It seems to be running a VPi drive. It does look nice....

cheers

2sheds

• 2 weeks later...

HFC307.townshend.cutout-728-75.jpg

HFC307.townshend.detail2-728-75.jpg

Townshend Rock V (Price around $12,000 includes Excalibur II tonearm)

A new version of an old favourite, the Townshend Rock is a unique turntable notable for it's fluid damping trough which seems to provide a remarkably low noise floor adding to an amazing dynamic range.

cheers

2sheds

Edited by 2sheds

HFC309.funk.vectorcutout-728-75.jpg

HFC309.funk.vectoranno-728-75.jpg

Funk Firm Saffire (Price without arm around $5000 )

After a very prolonged gestation period, the man who brought you Pink Triangle, has a new top of the range turntable. And by all accounts this simplistic beauty is a stunner. Like the Pink Triangle, the Saffire owes a lot of it's musicality to the materials it uses, and the way it dissipates resonances.

cheers

2sheds

smemodel20-12amain-728-75.jpg

SME 20/12A (Price including 312S tonearm around $25,000)

SME have a well deserved reputation for engineering quality. This is a version of the SME 20 made to carry a 12 inch arm, which are currently having somewhat of a resurgence.

cheers

2sheds

I can not seem to find much info on the Simply Black Magic turntable with SME V arm, time to send an email to Simply Black and find out some more details I think.

20k SEK for the SME version = about $3700 AU BUT! You can get the RB300 version for half that. (Excluding shipping taxes etc etc)

Seems reasonable...If it's any good that is.

Cheers

M

Tivoli have one of these for $699 at the moment if anyone is interested. Pro-ject 6.1 that is.

A bargain. If it is the non-speed box version, you can add the speed box for around $150 which still makes it a great price.

cheers

2sheds