Tantalising Turntables

Baby brother of Raven AC, Raven One from TW Acustic of Germany. Same motor unit as the Raven AC.

Upgrade to add a second arm board and make the motor off board can be done to make it into Raven Two.

a06.jpg

Jaspert,

At around $5,000 the Raven One looks great value and seems to have very similar qualities to the Raven AC. There's a good review here, kitted out with a Graham Phantom. $10,000 with a Phantom or Dynavector 507 seems a good price :eek:

cheers

2sheds

• Like 1

Crikey :D $500 extra for a see-through bottom...? Fair enough :eek: It does improve the looks..

cheers

2sheds

Not if you speak nicely, very nicely, and wave real readies.. no real difference in 'cost' to this earthling....:eek:.. and see through bottoms are nice:D

nordic_airtangent3_med.jpg

The Nordic Concept Reference (Price around $10,000)

cheers

2sheds

I vaguely recall Audiophile of Brunswick st planning to carry this brand after they lost Vpi. Talk about overuse of birch plywood for the motor housing.:eek:

Solid_Diamond.jpg

Acoustic Solid Diamond (Price?)

And you thought the other one was ugly...?

cheers

2sheds

I think i definitely need an enforced break from viewing this thread for a night after seeing this one. Overdose of bling and excesses.

once_analog_new_image_01.jpg

Once Analog The Record Player Mk II (Price around $7,000)

Hand built in Australia from the finest materials.

[ATTACH]3295[/ATTACH]

JH Turntable (Discontinued)

Crikey...? This old thing...? How did this get in here......Mustud!!! :eek:

cheers

2sheds

I vaguely recall Audiophile of Brunswick st planning to carry this brand after they lost Vpi. Talk about overuse of birch plywood for the motor housing.:eek:

Ahhhh, not necessarily, Jaspert :D Witness the version with inbuilt phono preamp...:

NC7.jpg

cheers

2sheds

I think i definitely need an enforced break from viewing this thread for a night after seeing this one. Overdose of bling and excesses.

One for the brothers in the 'hood, yo :eek:

cheers

2sheds

Ama1_total_big.jpg

Amazon 1 (Price around $6,000 without arm)

Yet another beautiful German design. I wonder how long it took marketing to come up with the model name...? :eek:

amazon_2voll.jpg

Amazon 2 (Price around $3,500 without arm)

Another naming success by the marketing department. How do they do it...? :D

cheers

2sheds

blaupunkt_full.jpg

Blaupunkt Cocktail Cabinet Stereogram (Discontinued. Why..?)

How perfect is this? Booze on one side and music on the other? Now if I could just train Mrs Sheds to change the records and bring me a cocktail, life would just about be perfect.:D Maybe not. Anyone got a spare monkey...?:eek:

Yes, yes there's a record player in there somewhere.. I think. But who cares? What a brilliant concept. Dump Boy, can you get me one of these? We'll see whether Oval can combine it with you car fridge and a CD player...maybe a TV and a pizza oven...:eek:

cheers

2sheds

vpi_superscoutmaster.jpg

VPI_SSM_motor.jpg

VPi Super Scoutmaster Reference with JMW-9 Signature arm (Price around $8,000)

Complete with ......idler drive :eek: After hearing the old Garrards and Lencos the designer decided there was something better than a belt drive, and added a rim (or idler) drive to the Scoutmaster.

cheers

2sheds

To Top