Lenehan Loudspeaker release GTG 31st January

Lenehan Audio

Yup it's on again Lads ! During 2014 I've been working on two new loudspeakers .

The first is the MLT3 an 8 inch two way floor stander incorporating new Xover topology and new enclosure technology. This speaker will be initially around $9000 and due for release within 1 month.

The second is the LenehanAudio Tardis >> Ahh Huh ! Bigger on the inside than on the outside !

This is a mid size stand mount but very high end . This speaker will be demo'd but will be a while before it's released.

We will also have Mike Kirkham and Peter Foster from Magenta Audio on hand to talk about the latest from PS Audio and also a new name in Australia ,QAT ! A new one component solution in the form of a combination Music server amplifier !

If you are interested in coming on the Saturday 31st January you can contact Aiden at Southport HiFi on 07 55324687 to confirm your attendance. Best Regards Mike Lenehan

LenehanAudio

• Like 5

The second is the LenehanAudio Tardis >> Ahh Huh ! Bigger on the inside than on the outside !

This is a mid size stand mount but very high end . This speaker will be demo'd but will be a while before it's released.

You mean after spending all that money on my ML2 Limiteds you've already made them obsolete? :( Is this the Isobarik you've been working on?

BTW, is it a good idea to have a GTG on election day? It will make it more difficult for me to get there anyway, and this is one GTG I am definitely interested in.

Edited by ljmac

You mean after spending all that money on my ML2 Limiteds you've already made them obsolete? :( Is this the Isobarik you've been working on?

Hi Lee

the Tardis could be considered more in line with the ML1(about 15% bigger than ML1) not the ML2 which is a larger speaker ! In fact Tardis looks like a mini ML2 and uses most of the enclosure technology from the ML2.

The ML2Limited are still by far the best we build , the Tardis is designed for a smaller acoustic ! around 30 to 100 cubic mtrs. Matching your loudspeaker to room volume is very important (where listening to a box within a box remember ) Whether the Tardis can match the ML2 platform only time will tell ! if they do compete in absolute performance they will need to do battle in their respective ideal room volumes.

Regards Mike Lenehan

LenehanAudio

Election day? I try not to encourage the pollies, but if you must, you could always postal vote them! One of them has had the indecency to send me a postal vote form using my tax payers money no doubt! There could be four of us interested, but I will have to round up the troops and confirm later!

Hi Lee

the Tardis could be considered more in line with the ML1(about 15% bigger than ML1) not the ML2 which is a larger speaker ! In fact Tardis looks like a mini ML2 and uses most of the enclosure technology from the ML2.

Personally I wouldn't call a speaker that size "mid sized" - that's still very much mini monitor territory IMHO. They should be very interesting! I absolutely agree with you about matching the speaker to the room size - too many audiophiles get speakers that are too big for their rooms, the result being very boomy, sub-hi-fi sound.

The ML2 Limiteds are still continuing to surprise and delight me every day BTW - even after having them for more than a year, I still cannot believe how good these things sound. Sorry I still haven't reviewed them - every time I have a bit of spare time I end up just enjoying my music collection!

Can you post some photos of the new babies?

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't call a speaker that size "mid sized" - that's still very much mini monitor territory IMHO. They should be very interesting! I absolutely agree with you about matching the speaker to the room size - too many audiophiles get speakers that are too big for their rooms, the result being very boomy, sub-hi-fi sound.

The ML2 Limiteds are still continuing to surprise and delight me every day BTW - even after having them for more than a year, I still cannot believe how good these things sound. Sorry I still haven't reviewed them - every time I have a bit of spare time I end up just enjoying my music collection!

Can you post some photos of the new babies?

+1 on the ML2 Limiteds continuing to surprise, after 10 months in my case, every equipment upgrade I throw at them results in improvements in sound beyond my expectations.

Hi Again Guys

Down at Mikes today and he is busy building the new MLT3 for the GTG.

He confirmed it looks like it will be about 91db efficient and is really interested in seeing how it will go with my upgraded Leak.

Keith Eichmann is evidently coming as well - which should prove interesting.

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

Oh, just notice Mike posted this new thread.

I will be there on the 31st.

(QLD election? I have never voted in any election in my life, but that is another matter.)   :)

Cheers, Joe

Oh, just notice Mike posted this new thread.

I will be there on the 31st.

(QLD election? I have never voted in any election in my life, but that is another matter.)   :)

Cheers, Joe

So, you just get the government you deserve then... ;)

• Like 3

Yup it's on again Lads ! During 2014 I've been working on two new loudspeakers .

The first is the MLT3 an 8 inch two way floor stander incorporating new Xover topology and new enclosure technology. This speaker will be initially around $9000 and due for release within 1 month.

We will also have Mike Kirkham and Peter Foster from Magenta Audio on hand to talk about the latest from PS Audio and also a new name in Australia ,QAT ! A new one component solution in the form of a combination Music server amplifier !

If you are interested in coming on the Saturday 31st January you can contact Aiden at Southport HiFi on 07 55324687 to confirm your attendance. Best Regards Mike Lenehan

LenehanAudio

Is there a preferable time Mike??

Mike. Could you edit your post and ask them to email info@southporthifi.com.au

I am worried I may miss some calls when I am not in the shop or when I am busy with customers. 

So far, I have 3 confirmed on my side -

- John (Assisi)

- Campbell + friend

So far, I have 3 confirmed on my side -

- John (Assisi)

- Campbell + friend

Sent an Email confirming me and Rawl99.

Both of us, and Mike is as well, are really keen on whey do with a heavily upgraded Leak.

Thanks

Bill

Who is bringing the DACs?

The guys from Magenta this time - they have at least one interesting new DAC and/or music server to show off.

I wont be bringing any of my cadre.

Thanks

Bill

Edited by bhobba

Updating the list

1. John (Assisi)

2. Campbell

3. Campbell

4. Bill

5. Rawl99

6. Damian B.

7. Darren

8. Jventer

Mike, have you firmed up what time you want to start the event?

Aiden, could you add my name to the list please?

Cheers,

Steve

Updating the list

1. John (Assisi)

2. Campbell

3. Campbell

4. Bill

5. Rawl99

6. Damian B.

7. Darren

8. Jventer

Mike, have you firmed up what time you want to start the event?

Two Campbells? I know one of them.

Add to that number, Mike and the others from Magenta etc and yours truly, it should build up nicely. Tony W will be there too I hope.

Cheers, Joe