Sign in to follow this  
k2tsui

Aurender N100 Digital music streamer

When it will be available and what's the RPP here in Australia?

Cheers

William

It's officially being launched at CES in 2 days' time. Pricing hasn't been released as yet, keep checking back here where details will be included once available! I would think we'll hear more once they're back from CES and settled in, so hopefully a couple off weeks. 

N100__70290_zoom.jpg

Also would like to know more about N10 model more, the one iwth 1 TB internal storage

Yeah interesting - Aurender have said nothing about the N10 but I've read a few stories on it with 1TB solid state storage. I'll dig a little more to find out if there's any truth to it, but it seems to me like it would be a duplicate (in a way) of the X100S which has 1TB of spinning drive storage, but like all Aurenders, buffers to solid state before playing back and then shuts down the mechanical drive. 

There's a bit of info about the N10 on the Aurender website.  One of the differences between the N10 (to be released in March they say) and the X100 L or S, is that it has additional outputs other than USB.  From the chart N10 seems ideal for use with a NAS and a user who wants the additional choice of outputs to a dac.  I wonder if the internal hard drive will be optional for the N10; it makes more sense to me to use a NAS in conjunction with the internal SSD cache on the N10.

A couple of tables from the page: http://www.aurender.com/page/audiophile

post-108353-0-95745900-1420454121_thumb.

post-108353-0-96424500-1420454173_thumb.

I wonder if the internal hard drive will be optional for the N10; it makes more sense to me to use a NAS in conjunction with the internal SSD cache on the N10.

I can't imagine the need for 1TB of SSD as a cache though...

Ah wow, good find.

Kay, looks like 128gb cache (solid state), 1TB media storage. So effectively an X100S but with all solid state, ability to read from NAS, and additional outputs. So pricing should be considerably more, my guess would be over $8k. Time will tell!  

Bugger.  I should have read the chart Milo, could have saved myself two posts...

Edited by Kaynin

would like to know the RRP of N100 price in Australia as considering use it as my mian source

My guess would be just under $4k here then, but will confirm once we get a price list.

I was starting to get pretty excited when I read about this product - finally the perfect, minimalist audiophile music server. Then I saw the price! I would happily pay up to $2K for this, but nearly $4K? I just can't see that it could be worth that much. I guess I'll have to stick with optimising my Mac until somebody comes up with something similar at a more reasonable price (maybe an Auralic Aries, which is priced far more as I would expect).

Edited by ljmac

Aurender have always been a no-compromises company and the quality of their products reflect this. To give you an example, there's one microchip in their W20 which costs $500 alone! (had a person at the AV Show confirm this, he works for the manufacturer of the chip). The sound quality of their $5.5k X100L rivals esoteric transports worth more than double (as voted on more than one occasion, e.g. ASoN meeting blind test!).

Aisa region RRP of N100 is just around Aus $3000 , would expect similar RRP in australia?!

Not to offend anyone but X100L is is selling for ~Aus $4700 in Asia region, no wonder ppl all go to oversea for the same product. I do understand local distributor is much better ,e.g asfter sale support, but $800 for after sale service seems like a high price to pay.

Edited by k2tsui

No offence taken, but here's something to consider. My last X100L customer got an in-home demo (about 4 hours of my time including travel plus fuel), hand delivery and setup (another 4hrs plus fuel), then about 3 phone calls approx 20mins each to sort out an unrelated (Apple network) issue. He enjoys unlimited customer service, a far better resale value compared to a grey import product, and it's a product I will happily trade in down the track should he wish to. 

You would also need to ship the unit from overseas. Let's call that $200 roughly?

In my books, he's far more than $600 ahead. 

Also let's not speculate here. I have zero pricing information on this product so I don't think it's worth getting into discussions until such time as pricing is established. 

haha..agree

i just wonder why Aussie RRP is always higher than the rest of the world, i mean even other audio product ~_~

Edited by k2tsui

Aisa region RRP of N100 is just around Aus $3000 , would expect similar RRP in australia?!

Not to offend anyone but X100L is is selling for ~Aus $4700 in Asia region, no wonder ppl all go to oversea for the same product. I do understand local distributor is much better ,e.g asfter sale support, but $800 for after sale service seems like a high price to pay.

So selling for $800 less, well break that down. $4700 + Shipping + GST + Customs and no after sales support.  So if you said $200 shipping then it's $4900 then paying GST on top of that is around $490 so now it's almost $5400, are you really saving. Also any importer also has import taxes to pay and offer warranties with the product and after sales service.

Edited by keitha

So selling for $800 less, well break that down. $4700 + Shipping + GST + Customs and no after sales support.  So if you said $200 shipping then it's $4900 then paying GST on top of that is around $490 so now it's almost $5400, are you really saving. Also any importer also has import taxes to pay and offer warranties with the product and after sales service.

I think the days of retailers charging massive margins has long gone with internet access, the increase in overseas travel and freight companies. I suspect that one way of keeping costs down has been the disappearance of shop fronts and trading using the internet as well as sites like this one.

People need to be aware that as well as all of the costs noted above the retailer (either from home or store) has to carry stock and take the risk on any unpopular purchases. These costs also need to be factored into the equation.

I'm thinking the high end audio market in australia is too small. Not enough to generate enough profit, hence higher RRP than most of the rest of the world.

Anyway still waiting for RRP of N100 in australia

Edited by k2tsui

RRP is officially $4,200 in Australia. They're ready to ship from the manufacturer so will be available here shortly. 

Is that price for the Aurender N100 - network player with no internal storage - , or the N100 S - server with 1TB SSD?

The link seems to be broken.