Metal: Currently Spinning

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha thats awesome.....get em' young.   My young bloke.

Back to where it all began.... Original Uk first pressing

Hey Bangers.   Finally obtained my first three Sabbath Rhino reissues...   I did a fair bit of research to finally decide on the Rhino releases.  These were purchased from an

Watched BangerTV's best metal of 2020 video.  Looks like I have a few bands to investigate.

Don't mind this one off the bat.  Seems pretty epic.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pretty-maids-singer-ronnie-atkins-to-release-one-shot-solo-album-in-march-real-single-out-now/

New single from Ronnie before his album out in March.

So sad to hear the Cancer he thought he had beaten has returned and is classified as stage 4.  

Best wishes Ronnie.

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Absent for far too long...

Accept - Russian Roulette

Monsterman is one of my all-time fav Accept tracks (and there are many)

Bang on metal men. 🤘

image.thumb.png.db61ecde64b4603694f593a5bf72dff1.png

Nice to see you back bud!

• Like 1

Keeping it German

Warlock - Fur Immer 12" single.

Doro is easily the nicest (and most physically stunning) metal personalities I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and is right next to my hero Tom Warrior (Celtic Frost) in terms of approachability.

WIN_20201223_19_11_19_Pro.thumb.jpg.d09250cddb89e115daad2b62c0eb4ae9.jpg

WIN_20201223_19_11_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.431c05d6c879d75a09ac4a48f7b942ce.jpg

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 2

Metal related, what a great Christmas present, Iron Maiden Trooper beer, I almost don’t want to drink it and leave it unopened, but I doubt that is going to happen.

E81FF365-4D74-4F68-8A44-291BBE63A17A.jpeg

• Like 5

On 23/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, Tubularbells said:

Moving onto America's answer to German thrashers Tankard.

Wehrmacht   - Biermacht

Short, thrashy and to the point. Great album.

WIN_20201223_19_31_48_Pro.thumb.jpg.d74fd2ec8a00a40e2613456033e06cce.jpg

WIN_20201223_19_32_03_Pro.thumb.jpg.7be3549c48ed91475e037415242f7706.jpg

Was lucky to catch these guys on their tour here a few years back with the mighty Grave and also Primate (who were pretty cool...Bill Kelliher from Mastodon and Kevin Sharp from Brutal Truth!. 

They had one show at the Bendigo and another at some little pub in Carlton.  Long story short the gig in Carlton was just Wermacht as they wanted to raise a few more funds from the tour... no jokes, about 20 of us rolled up, the power went out and the band threw an acoustic set and just drank with us!  So Cool.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Playing this in honour of Alexi Laiho.....such sad news to hear his passing...left us way too young...he was a fantastic guitarist and frontman....RIP little man!

002.jpg

• Like 1

Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes

Great album....Iced Earth could be done as a band after the Capitol riots!

20210113_131930.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Dokken said:

Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes

Great album....Iced Earth could be done as a band after the Capitol riots!

hey bud, happy new year.

Yeah, IE seem to be in some strife, seems the band has taken a back step to Jons involvement and distanced themselves  and I did read the FBI are wanting to talk to him too. 

...and I can't see Hansi wanting to work with him every again.

Real shame, IE are a great band and hopefully this doesnt stop them as their music isnt really political.

Jons project from years ago Sons of Liberty was certianly more patriotic/politically charged but didn't reach the masses like IE does/has.

It might however blow over as many things do.  In this genre people have commited murder, adultury, burnt/destroyed things, held extremist views and it all passes by, this might too.  We'll wait and see what occurs I guess.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

hey bud, happy new year.

Yeah, IE seem to be in some strife, seems the band has taken a back step to Jons involvement and distanced themselves  and I did read the FBI are wanting to talk to him too. 

...and I can't see Hansi wanting to work with him every again.

Real shame, IE are a great band and hopefully this doesnt stop them as their music isnt really political.

Jons project from years ago Sons of Liberty was certianly more patriotic/politically charged but didn't reach the masses like IE does/has.

It might however blow over as many things do.  In this genre people have commited murder, adultury, burnt/destroyed things, held extremist views and it all passes by, this might too.  We'll wait and see what occurs I guess.

Same to you @08Boss302

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how it all pans out for Jon. I'm just a bit worried that they could use him to make an example.

I just love the amount of posts that have appeared on the official Iced Earth Facebook page....everyone has already condemned the guy and written him and the band off....the world is a strange place at the moment!!

Regardless of what you think of Jon and his beliefs, he is a great musician!! Schaffer is Iced Earth, without Jon there is no IE!

• Like 1

Hi All,

The Many Faces Of Black Sabbath - Various Artists, a tribute to Sabbath by various Metal bands.

82435695_TheManyFacesOfBlackSabbath-VariousArtists.jpg.9c15815f231b74e797f958b12bab0c43.jpg

Tracklist:

A1    –Bobby Harrison Feat. Tony Iommi    King Of The Night    
A2    –Bedlam (9) Feat. Cozy Powell    I Believe In You (Fire In My Body)    
A3    –Ian Gillan    Finally The Finale    
A4    –The Move Feat. Bev Bevan    Flowers In The Rain    
A5    –Quartz (10)    Mainline Riders    
B1    –Vince Neil, George Lynch, Stu Hamm* & Gregg Bissonnette*    Paranoid    
B2    –Quartz (10) Feat. Geoff Nicholls    Highway To Madness    
B3    –Chris Catena Feat. Glenn Hughes, Tony Franklin, Bruce Kulick    Freak Out Tonight    
B4    –Vinny Appice, Marko Pukkila, Rowan Robertson & Andy Endberg*    And The Cradle Will Rock    
B5    –Brad Gillis, Mark Slaughter, Gary Moon (2), Eric Singer & Paul Taylor (8)    Over The Mountain

C1    –Leaving Eden (2)    War Pigs    
C2    –Fierce Atmospheres    After Forever    
C3    –Kingshifter    Hole In The Sky    
C4    –High Voltage (41)    Into The Void    
C5    –Critical Solution    Iron Man    
D1    –Bugsy Parker    Children Of The Grave    
D2    –In His Blood    Electric Funeral    
D3    –Cornivus    Snowblind    
D4    –Through The Stone    Wicked World    
D5    –Stalwart (8)    Under The Sun

JJ

• Like 2
  • Marc pinned and unpinned this topic

Enjoying this at the moment. Some good stuff from these Melbourne boys :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

New to me today, ABYSM - A Grim Reminder for some instrumental metal.  On first listen, I was like, oh okay, sounds like the vocals are going to start now.  But they never did!  Woo hoo!  Hang on, that wasn't very metal.  But they never did!  HELL YEAH! 🤘  But not a bad thing to listen to for a bit over 20 minutes.  It hit the spot for me this afternoon.

a2355251908_16.jpg

https://abysm-sludge.bandcamp.com/album/a-grim-reminder

Mid 90s Sydney madness - two basses and a drum machine. Loved seeing these guys. Those of a mature vintage will remember Damian Bennett selling you records at Utopia in Martin Place if memory serves me, and writing for Hot Metal...David Quinn was in King Snake Roost and did a bunch of art for the mid 90s releases on Black Hole, for Kiss My Poodles Donkey etc. Anyway I digress - this is a collection of I think all their studio output plus a disc of other unreleased stuff. Inner City Uprising in Sydney put it together

deathless.JPG

• Like 3
59 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

CD out on 26th March.

Any Maiden fans here 🙂

Regards Cazzesman

Yeh one here, and also Richie Kotzen fan too.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, cazzesman said:

Any Maiden fans here 🙂

Of course, if you don't like Maiden then you don't like metal.

As a matter of fact if you don't like Maiden then do the right thing and unsubscribe from this thread. 😆

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, cazzesman said:

Any Maiden fans here 🙂

Considering its Summer a Maiden Fan would be COOL! But not before some Maiden Beer...where do you get Maiden Beer in Oz?? 🍻

Edited by Powerslave

Night Verses - From the Gallery of Sleep, instrumental album, similar to Mastodon in parts.

1712E7CC-D119-4A7E-BF3E-2F800076AA14.jpeg

• Like 1

Okay, late to the party I know (that's my nickname)...

This album will have been covered, but I don't give a s*hit.  Best Maiden album since Seven Sons IMHO...on constant repeat for a couple of weeks now, just loving it...neighbours are hating it, my heart would go out to them, if I cared -

81IoZlwP9AL._SX522_.jpg.1f80be0973027973d5b5eebe918b3ac0.jpg

@sir sanders zingmore - we still need a metal themed GTG, as suggested by you a few years ago now...

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

This album will have been covered, but I don't give a s*hit.  Best Maiden album since Seven Sons IMHO...on constant repeat for a couple of weeks now, just loving it...neighbours are hating it, my heart would go out to them, if I cared -

@sir sanders zingmore - we still need a metal themed GTG, as suggested by you a few years ago now...

I’d forgotten about that. Yes, let’s get out of this lockdown and do it!

3 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I’d forgotten about that. Yes, let’s get out of this lockdown and do it!

I never forget a good idea.  I still have some finalisation to my set-up, but perhaps the GTG to celebrate the upgrading can be a metal themed one!

So so glad you pair are not my neighbours.  😜+

* @Loud music person(that would be you Kaynin) Luxury Paints Byron Bay have the oil at $250 fer 20 L. Just grabbed 3 tins of the stuff.

** ok...back to youse guys being bad neighbours... play some Budgie ffs...mix it up a bit.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

I’m glad you are finally enjoying The Book of Souls. I did the same as you and played it constantly for a few months, and haven’t played it since, I seem to play earlier albums if I need a Maiden fix, hopefully it will stick as one of your favourites in the future.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Luc said:

So so glad you pair are not my neighbours.  😜+

* @Loud music person(that would be you Kaynin) Luxury Paints Byron Bay have the oil at $250 fer 20 L. Just grabbed 3 tins of the stuff.

** ok...back to youse guys being bad neighbours... play some Budgie ffs...mix it up a bit.

lol, I still use the decking oil you recommended, still the best I can find!  👍

Neighbour 1 owns a nearby cafe.  Neighbour 2 hangs out and drinks beer with me.  Neighbour 2 went to neighbour 1’s cafe and was asked “were you at Kaynin’s party last night.  It was so loud.”  Neighbour 2 said “just try telling him that”.  

Certainly my death will be greeted with silence.

An atrocious neighbour... but then, who you gonna call to complain? 🤣

10 minutes ago, awayward said:

I’m glad you are finally enjoying The Book of Souls. I did the same as you and played it constantly for a few months, and haven’t played it since, I seem to play earlier albums if I need a Maiden fix, hopefully it will stick as one of your favourites in the future.

Hopefully.   Classic Maiden it is not, but geez it gets up and going when I need it to.

Just came across these guys from Sweden only recently.

Mephorash - Shem Ha Mephorash (2019)....Atmospheric Occult Black Metal...solid album!

Black Sabbath- Backtrackin'

1662932491_images(10).jpeg.ff0b72fcb569ba89fcf5074fda9fa095.jpeg

Judiciously selected tracks fashioned into a righteous order.

• Like 4

Hi All,

Astronoid, Air, Progressive Metal from not Finland but Lowell, Massachusetts, changed albums and still had copied another acts in the copy before pasting, my bad.

2048872509_AstronoidAir.jpg.d0a6190efa932bfcb417825b09934b14.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 1