Stygian

Metal: Currently Spinning

43 minutes ago, Ooogh said:

Currently spinning.

IMG_0039.JPG.58bbe37ce2c9346f10c0d28987a20b41.JPGIncredibly heavy.

That is too heavy for me to handle, too....

This was first heavy metal band that I encountered when I was high school and got me into Heavy Metal.  Still love it~~~

Ah yes, I had Wild Child on repeat a lot back in the day. I never liked their other songs soooo much, but Wild Child was an anthem

Been listening to this over the past couple of days in the car and on home system. I still recall where i bought it, Sanity records, Charelstown Newcastle. Not as heavy as it looks but more melodic, i really like it.

LizzyBorden-DealWiththeDevil.jpg

Friday afternoon with a pint and reminiscing with a classic metal album - Powerslave and specifically now listening to Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Happy days. 

2 hours ago, DigitalDave said:

Friday afternoon with a pint and reminiscing with a classic metal album - Powerslave and specifically now listening to Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Happy days. 

Drop in when you're around my area mate, the 'rain' through the subs makes things tremble.

The live version of this back in 08 at Brissy entertainment centre was amazing.

Edited by Darren69

6 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Drop in when you're around my area mate, the 'rain' through the subs makes things tremble.

The live version of this back in 08 at Brissy entertainment centre was amazing.

The ‘08 somewhere back in time tour was special indeed. A flawless set list and sound was incredible. I think that was one of the last tours with Doug Hall at the mixing desk (?) they didn’t sound anywhere near as good in ‘11 and ‘16. Still awesome experience but sonically not as good. 

Hellébore - Rencontre rapprochée du cinquième type

Black metal-inspired, synth-oriented music for all the lunatics who wish for an alien encounter......what's not to like! 

Muddy depressive production by fark the bottom end thumps the crap out of you.

Listen to it here...

https://hellebore.bandcamp.com/

a4178722508_10.jpg.1422eece0dbb96eb81918a2e26f49d1e.jpg

Love that ST album which introduces a thrashier more metal sound than their previous albums . There followup Lights, Camera, Revolution was also great. Lost touch with them after that.

Edited by Tubularbells

9 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Love that ST album which introduces a thrashier more metal sound than their previous albums . There followup Lights, Camera, Revolution was also great. Lost touch with them after that.

Exactly, got a bit silly after Lights camera which has the excellent ballad in "Alone" too much over the top unnecessary swearing in the later albums.

New heavy album by the Tracy G Group, good stuff, some of the clearest bass I’ve heard.

4173BA70-30E4-40A5-A438-F92196626674.jpeg

Oh yes. Goosebumps.

Satyricon - Volcano

Love this album particularly the 10+ min closer "Black Lava" which for me is one of the most epic black metal tracks ever recorded.

image.thumb.jpeg.10b80c4f6aae1e993b84bdf9d6ac408a.jpeg

Going back in time a bit. Amazing death metal by one of the forefathers of the genre. Original Combat pressing.image.thumb.jpeg.3de70eb5ed07726041a9ca41d22fdc07.jpeg

Death - Leprosy

Chuck must be dead 20 years now, and his legacy is stronger than ever.16cc4a2f46979b475d4165230d18002d.jpg

New arrivals.Glad to see the Earache label challenge current consensus regarding compression with their FDR (Full Dynamic Range) releases.

IMG_3029.JPG

Killing Joke - Pylon.  2015 Euro release.  musically the album is fantastic but sonically it's a muddy mess

24616946858_b8d53ae7e7_b.jpg

Starting my Monday morning with some Lawnmower Deth who were a wacky spinoff of  the British crossover scene where metal was fused with punk influences however this band were unique in that they played mainly for laughs (how could you take a band who worshiped and sung mainly about lawnmowers). This full dynamic range (FDR) reissue sounds great and am having a blast revisiting this lost classic after so many years.image.thumb.jpeg.78074a435ba7b844fbdbca456e7bf4a6.jpeg

Edited by Tubularbells

Autopsy - Shitfun

Such an uplifting and inspirational album....

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 6:58 PM, Tubularbells said:

Autopsy - Shitfun

Such an uplifting and inspirational album....

I think my Mum has that one. :D