Stygian

Metal: Currently Spinning

Screenshot_20200408_061542_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.1d017ac37adf50a71d0f358dcf6ee292.jpg

17 minutes ago, Soundscape said:

Screenshot_20200408_061542_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.1d017ac37adf50a71d0f358dcf6ee292.jpg

OMG, Epic!  I went and saw them when they toured a few years ago. Brilliant!

Some dark progressive metal tunes on this dreary day!

20200411_121706.jpg

Ivory Tower - Stronger is my favourite metal album from 2019.

Ivory Tower - Stronger Review - The Metal ObserverThe Metal Observer

The tunes continue....Pagans Mind....really underrated band....spacey Prog with fantastic vocals from Nils.

Impellitteri featuring Rob Rock on vocals...great album!

20200411_150707.jpg

Just now, Dokken said:

The tunes continue....Pagans Mind....really underrated band....spacey Prog with fantastic vocals from Nils.

Impellitteri featuring Rob Rock on vocals...great album!

20200411_150707.jpg

Pagans Mind ridiculously underrated!!! Nice stuff.

2 hours ago, Satanica said:

Ivory Tower - Stronger is my favourite metal album from 2019.

Cheers for this,

I am not really familiar with this band at all, will check it out, strong recommendation.

11 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Cheers for this,

I am not really familiar with this band at all, will check it out, strong recommendation.

No worries, I'd call it semi progressive metal in that it doesn't fumble around too much for the sake of it but with enough instrumentation that warrants many re-listens. And it really is quite stomping heavy too. 😎

Intense - Songs of a Broken Future, NWOBHM power metal.

5E586ABD-D4AF-45AD-9308-4745E18B280A.png

Gotta love a long weekend for some new tunes to check out!!!

No Follow the Reaper or Hatecrew Death Roll, but still a pretty good album in its own right!

20200411_165041.jpg

1 hour ago, 08Boss302 said:

Gotta love a long weekend for some new tunes to check out!!!

Yeah, this social distancing thing isn't all bad.

Auroch - Mute Books. Total brütal. The two songs from the new album are full boss too

_20200411_210300.JPG

Hey @Dokken

Just had a listen on youtube through the big rig....     F*CK YEAH!!!!

Cattle Decapitation  'Death Atlas'  2019 Metal Blade Records.

2130275005_CattleDecapitationDeathAtlas2019MetalBladeRecords.jpg.9782f96125ba1624d980931e646fef4e.jpg

F*CK YEAH!!!

Thanks mate, great recommendation and chilling how prophetic this album is and the timing of it's release.  Nice one.

Anytime @BuzzzFuzzz 😉

Glad you like it....it's a great album and by far their best effort!

4 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Glad you like it....it's a great album and by far their best effort!

Loved it, even sounded pretty good from youtube.

When I eventually get working again it will be my first vinyl purchase for sure.

Thanks again mate.

Ant. 

1 hour ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Loved it, even sounded pretty good from youtube.

When I eventually get working again it will be my first vinyl purchase for sure.

Thanks again mate.

Ant. 

It's a great sounding cd, so I can only imagine how good the vinly version will be....produced by Dave Otero who always does great work!

Evening Bangers.

Slayer  'Seasons in the Abyss'  1990 Def American Recordings.  Vinyl.

2052419858_SlayerSeasonsintheAbyss1990DefAmericanRecordings..jpg.618448c281d0f5ee49bc4b24d5c8d87d.jpg

I've always loved this album despite the production.  Gillan & Sabbath were just about the ultimate Metal combo for me at the time, too bad they didn't make more albums.

Black Sabbath  'Born Again'  1983 Vertigo Records. Phonogram, London. Polygram, Aust.

1351450369_BlackSabbathBornAgain1983VertigoRecords.PhonogramLondon.PolygramAust..jpg.ce711d0569d2963046b10713c93a6397.jpg

My copy is a little worse for wear with light crackling, may have to source a replacement at some point.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I've always loved this album despite the production.  Gillan & Sabbath were just about the ultimate Metal combo for me at the time, too bad they didn't make more albums.

Black Sabbath  'Born Again'  1983 Vertigo Records. Phonogram, London. Polygram, Aust.

1351450369_BlackSabbathBornAgain1983VertigoRecords.PhonogramLondon.PolygramAust..jpg.ce711d0569d2963046b10713c93a6397.jpg

My copy is a little worse for wear with light crackling, may have to source a replacement at some point.

Hullo dear BuzzzFuzzzer, am really hitting the sludge lately, try some Loviator… Pallbearer led me to them and I love both.

Edited by Darren69

39 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Hullo dear BuzzzFuzzzer, am really hitting the sludge lately, try some Loviator… Pallbearer led me to them and I love both.

Oh i like that, thanks 🤘

Thanks Daz, will check them out for sure.

I am a clear gel glue cleaner.  I have done around 500 of my records over the last two years, and the shut down / self isolation has me into the cleaning once again.  Although, I've near exhausted the towns supply ( sorry kids - records come before slime ), and the next delivery won't be for a while I guess.

I've slightly changed the cleaning method, now using one of those 'Magic Eraser' sponges.  I've used them many times for household cleaning and find them very effective.  They do have a tendency to wear quickly and break apart on rougher surfaces, and that has prevented me using them on my records before.  But, I thought, what the hell - give it a go and see what happens.

I have the Studebaker bath from the P.O.  I give them a run through the bath, leaving them in for a soak and turn a few times.

Draining the excess water off by standing them, and then placing flat to wipe with the sponge.  I give them quite a good wipe over ( with the groove ) using a fair bit of pressure, then to the sink for a rinse ( label and all ).

Back to the table for drying off with a lint free, micro fiber wipe.

Then glue application.  I assume that the glue should remove any sponge or fibers.

I was sold on the glue method a long time ago, breathing new life into my records, but the eraser sponge has been very effective in bringing some back to an even better condition.

I have always handled my records carefully, except for a few pissed sessions, and I have often wondered how they came to sound so shitty, so much so that I pretty much abandoned my records for many years.

It's only since joining SNA that I have learned how to set up my deck and clean my records properly, as well as setting up my speakers etc. etc.  Before this I used to spray my records with a record cleaning solution and wipe them off with a cloth.  I have realized that this method must have pushed grime and dirt into the groove.

Records that I thought were too far gone and require replacement are now singing sweetly again, and this is a prime example...

Iron Maiden  'The Number of the Beast'  1982 EMI Records, Aust.

2143587720_IronMaidenTheNumberoftheBeast1982EMIRecordsAust..JPG.01f8cf6bfb0a66d0bc589464b3ea7fb6.JPG

... and another...

'Metal Massacre'  Compilation 1982 Metal Blade Records, USA.

2032455964_MetalMassacreCompilation1982MetalBladeRecordsUSA..JPG.0a9e2cea2bc6f3b82ca1125137875983.JPG

257299843_MetalMassacre-tracklist.JPG.6d8821ab079647e61ba33700c4ead855.JPG

39 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Thanks Daz, will check them out for sure.

I am a clear gel glue cleaner.  I have done around 500 of my records over the last two years, and the shut down / self isolation has me into the cleaning once again.  Although, I've near exhausted the towns supply ( sorry kids - records come before slime ), and the next delivery won't be for a while I guess.

I've slightly changed the cleaning method, now using one of those 'Magic Eraser' sponges.  I've used them many times for household cleaning and find them very effective.  They do have a tendency to wear quickly and break apart on rougher surfaces, and that has prevented me using them on my records before.  But, I thought, what the hell - give it a go and see what happens.

I have the Studebaker bath from the P.O.  I give them a run through the bath, leaving them in for a soak and turn a few times.

Draining the excess water off by standing them, and then placing flat to wipe with the sponge.  I give them quite a good wipe over ( with the groove ) using a fair bit of pressure, then to the sink for a rinse ( label and all ).

Back to the table for drying off with a lint free, micro fiber wipe.

Then glue application.  I assume that the glue should remove any sponge or fibers.

I was sold on the glue method a long time ago, breathing new life into my records, but the eraser sponge has been very effective in bringing some back to an even better condition.

I have always handled my records carefully, except for a few pissed sessions, and I have often wondered how they came to sound so shitty, so much so that I pretty much abandoned my records for many years.

It's only since joining SNA that I have learned how to set up my deck and clean my records properly, as well as setting up my speakers etc. etc.  Before this I used to spray my records with a record cleaning solution and wipe them off with a cloth.  I have realized that this method must have pushed grime and dirt into the groove.

Records that I thought were too far gone and require replacement are now singing sweetly again, and this is a prime example...

Iron Maiden  'The Number of the Beast'  1982 EMI Records, Aust.

2143587720_IronMaidenTheNumberoftheBeast1982EMIRecordsAust..JPG.01f8cf6bfb0a66d0bc589464b3ea7fb6.JPG

I meant sludge metal 😁. You might like this licorice pie I have in the cupboard. 

A9AD0F02-78C6-4943-911D-766E8565B172.thumb.jpeg.723e0dcfabd4de31602373c73f6e3cab.jpeg

54F72FC8-974E-413A-A58E-C9DB6CBB832B.thumb.jpeg.759197b602a23b013e01ce6f7039cf61.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Nice one @Darren69

I see yours and raise you an original...

1630549714_MyPrecious.jpg.7dffc54d31364dfdaaaadc5fb457271b.jpg

No idea why that turned sideways.

Yours looks like a new arrival, is it a re-issue?  Edit - I see the numbers match, must be original too.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz