Metal: Currently Spinning

Some more metal nostalgia for me. Seen them on the album tour at The Roundhouse in Sydney, got a toy ukulele signed by Mark Morton and John Campbell at Billy Hyde Paramatta before the show and then everyone copied me. Now owned by my 3 yr old nephew. I remember everyone drowning out the lame support band chanting 'Lamb of god' until Randy had to come on stage to defend them, which obviously only made it worse.  Got thrown clear across the pit by some obese, comancheros biker, wanker.  I have the deluxe CD with the 'making of' DVD which I watched religiously.

1200x1200bb.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, SkipEsquire said:

Some more metal nostalgia for me. Seen them on the album tour at The Roundhouse in Sydney, got a toy ukulele signed by Mark Morton and John Campbell at Billy Hyde Paramatta before the show and then everyone copied me. Now owned by my 3 yr old nephew. I remember everyone drowning out the lame support band chanting 'Lamb of god' until Randy had to come on stage to defend them, which obviously only made it worse.  Got thrown across clear across the pit by some obese, comancheros biker, wanker.  I have the deluxe CD with the 'making of' DVD which I watched religiously.

1200x1200bb.jpg

Great DVD on this CD in the deluxe edt i agree.

Saw this tour also, i've actually only missed one of their tours, great band and the closest to Pantera Live i have seen in terms of sheer crowd manicness - they really get the crowd going.

Shame Adler is now no longer in the band, not sure they'll get that same kick from the replacment but i'm keen to see how the new album eventually sounds.

• Like 2

1 man "death doom with funeral doom influences" lol project. Always loved the debut album 'Aeternum Vale' way back in the day. Mrs Esquire has kindly grabbed me a copy on vinyl whilst she's in Germany so I figured I'd check out their latest which I haven't heard before. It's just as good as the other 2, tossing up now whether it's worth grabbing these on vinyl too or picking up the FLAC downloads on bandcamp... Damn records are such an expensive hobby. Can't say I wasn't warned though lol

https://doomvs.bandcamp.com/album/earthless

a2940556333_5.jpg

Edited by SkipEsquire
Genre pigeon-holing :)

11 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

@Darren69  BLOODY GOOD MATE!!!

I thought of you when I posted, and was going to give you a shout out, for it was you my man that put me onto this album a while back.

That will teach me to pay respect when I should (ha ha).

Thank @Tubularbells for that one. Hope you are settling in down south mate 

Thanks @Tubularbells

Yeah @Darren69, settling in well, finally able to update/grade some gear and source quality music.

Found this little gem in the New Arrivals - Metal - Progressive pages of BandCamp.

Blade of Horus  'Obliteration'  2018 Lacerated Enemy Records

10139990_BladeofHorusObliterationLaceratedEnemyRecords..jpg.1cde26fb6596f3df876f756ac6757205.jpg

An instrumental version of the album.  Brutal, Technical Death Metal from Australia.  Short & sweet, well produced with a great sounding bass and bottom end.

From BandCamp

Sydney based tech death metal act BLADE OF HORUS have released details for their forthcoming second album for LACERATED ENEMY „Obliteration“. The album, which will be released on December 15th, shows the band pushing their blistering technicality, slamming brutality, and heavy groove far beyond anything they have done before. The massively heavy 8 track effort was recorded and edited by James Buckman and drums recorded by Michael Newton at Michael Newton Studios, mixed and mastered by Stefano Morabito at 16th Cellar Studio, and features artwork by the incredible Mark Cooper. 

https://laceratedenemyrecords.bandcamp.com/album/blade-of-horus-obliteration

• Like 1

On 25/10/2019 at 11:14 PM, blackangus said:

So who's getting a little excited about the prospect of a new Blood Incantation record? IMG_20191025_224814_369.jpegimages%20(2).jpeg

Thanks for the heads up on this band @blackangus

I have pre ordered the new LP via CM directly, gatefold version.  Dark Descent records dont have the gatefold it appears.

Also, purchased off Discogs Starspawn, 2018 repress on Dark Descent records.  Was suprised at the prices the 2018 repress is still asking with the 2016 first press even more so. You wont find a 2016 press for under $100aud. excluding postage.

I contacted Dark Descent on the new album and the versions they have and in their reply they've told me Starspawn has a new press coming out in approx 4 weeks LOL, spewing, The 18 press I bought new and sealed with postage cost me over $100, could have saved myself some coin by being more patient but oh well, got what i got and I guess its still collectable as its sold out and demanding some return coin if I wanted to sell it down the line (which is not likely)

moral of the post, if anyone else is wanting starspawn on vinyl, wait and you'll be able to get it pretty easily AND if you want the new LP you have a choice between Century Media gatefold with a booklet etc or the normal version from Dark Descent.  I would assume both are pressed the same and from the analog recordings, it should be just packaging that differs...

• Like 1

Hey Bangers.    @08Boss302

With my new set up I thought I should spin some of the records I wasn't too fussed about with sound quality...

Megadeth  'Rust in Peace'  1990 Capitol Records.  Made in Italy by EMI Italiana Spa.

1945533558_MegadethRustinPeace1990CapitolRecords.MadeinItalybyEMIItalianaSpa_X600.jpg.72c9fee9b546729d4d1efa8924364206.jpg

I bought this at JB HiFi a while back.  At first I wasn't too impressed and thought it was a re-issue, but I've just played it and loved it.  A check on discogs indicates that it's an original 1990 Italian pressing.  I don't know what to think about that.  I can't see JB stocking original pressings of classic Metal albums.  I wouldn't think there are too many new originals of this around either, definitely not for $30/$35.

What say you guys?

• Love 1

GRRRRRRRRRR.................

In order for today...

Blade of Horus  'Obliteration'  Lacerated Enemy Records.  Flac download from BandCamp.

608624044_BladeofHorusObliterationLaceratedEnemyRecords..jpg.e295a3bddb954ece800802e92f93e880.jpg

Posted recently.  A short blast of fury from Oz.  Instrumental version.

Tool  '10,000 Days'  2006 Volcano Entertainment.  Flac.

2072328162_Tool10000Days2006VolcanoEntertainmentx500.jpg.bc4a58e90ab835870c46f5ec288378a1.jpg

My fourth or fifth listen to this album.  Cranked with a little more oomph this arvo, and it sounded excellent.

I don't know what happened, how I missed this band over the years.

I do enjoy more intensity with this album.

... to cleanse the palette...

Sigur Rós  'Kveikur'  2013 XL Recordings.  Lacquer Cut at MPO France.  CD.

946227_SigurRsKveikur2013XLRecordings.LacquerCutatMPOFrance_500.jpg.3399111b47ebaf2d8bf1c6de006b44ae.jpg

Destruction  'Born to Perish'  2019 Nuclear Blast Records.  Listen on youtube.

203586649_DestructionBorntoPerish2019NuclearBlastRecords..jpg.f208a88c4fd4c7abc557cb8f607feaf3.jpg

Recommended by @08Boss302 a few pages back.

Not a bad sounding upload, and a very strong 'old skool' thrash album.  Guitar work is outstanding, the solo's really work with the music and songs.  Epic drumming, nothing fancy, just direct and powerful.

Nice stuff mate.  Cheers.

Next up...

Death  'Human'  1991 Relativity Records - Relapse Records.  Flac.

861758072_DeathHuman1991RelativityRecords-RelapseRecords..jpg.f8a93177e825a3f2d62351a2fe2e5614.jpg

Will be hunting this on vinyl after chrissy.  All vinyl purchases on hold.

• Like 3

Couple of ripper albums in their @BuzzzFuzzz

Destruction definately don't reinvent anything LOL, but having endured the 80's and one of the first major Germanic thrash acts I think these days they do a fantastic job of ticking the box of great thrash.

Glad to see you're hunting down the Death Human vinyl, dont hesitate in grabbing the recent relapse issues of their albums.

• Like 1

Been a long time coming.....

Alcest - Spiritual Instinct.  Ltd. edition LP/CD book

Loved the the band from the beginning as was fortunate to catch them on there last tour and so far this release is everything I coukld have hoped for.

Alcest.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Been a long time coming.....

Alcest - Spiritual Instinct.  Ltd. edition LP/CD book

Loved the the band from the beginning as was fortunate to catch them on there last tour and so far this release is everything I coukld have hoped for.

Alcest.jpg

Had a sample of this on BandCamp a few days ago, after someone posted it recently.  Didn't grab me at first, will give it another crack.

Hey Bangers.

Finally obtained my first three Sabbath Rhino reissues...

1090311158_BlackSabbathParanoid1971-2006Rhinoreissue.WarnerBros.PressedbyRainboRecordsUSA.180gm.Masteredfromoriginalanaloguetapes..JPG.55f9d74eb38fc0902b835ad11826335d.JPG

I did a fair bit of research to finally decide on the Rhino releases.  These were purchased from another member in the SNA classifieds.

Very impressed with the quality of theses, although the labels on two are not centred correctly.

First time ever hearing Paranoid on vinyl...

Black Sabbath  'Paranoid'  1971 - 2006 Rhino reissue.  Warner Bros.  Pressed by Rainbo Records, USA.  180gm.  Mastered from original analogue tapes.

1261670501_BlackSabbathParanoid1971-2006Rhinoreissue.WarnerBros.PressedbyRainboRecordsUSA.180gm.Masteredfromoriginalanaloguetapes600.jpg.f392ee61a979499305abc985e48d43af.jpg

• Like 7

OPETH In Cauda Venenum

I’m trying to get into the new album but it’s not doing it for me yet. I think end of year intensity is preventing me from letting new stuff in.

I’m looking forward to seeing them live for the first time tomorrow night ?

Seeing the new material live usually helps to get into it ?

Edited by DigitalDave
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...