Metal: Currently Spinning

2 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

I know I posted this the other week streaming from Tidal, kinda double posting but the LP arrived today, I cannot speak highly enough of this album. Just awesome. 

IMG_20191025_202603.jpg

Nice one man.

I've noticed the cover popping up in my recent vinyl hunting.  Just the sort of leads I'm looking for right now, building up the Metal vinyl once again.  I will be having a looksee at it right now.

How would you describe the style of content???

I received my copy of Amon Amarth's 'Berserker' last week, two very nice sounding slabs o' Metal.

Thanks mate.

Ant.

• Like 1

I'm thinking we 'Metalheads' should attempt a 'Get Together' of some kind.

I know we are all over the country, and all have our own busy lifestyles, but a little planning and notification should be able sort something out.  Maybe an annual thing and move it around so some don't have to travel so far each year.  Maybe even a powered campsite could work if someone has, or knows of a place that would be willing to host a few Metalheads..

Of course we would need a suitable location with a nice system, and no neighbours would be wicked too.

I would be more than happy to host the first one, but I don't have the greatest system yet (a work in progress, recently begun). 

If some wanted to bring some gear as well as music, that should work.

This is an 'off the cuff' post, without much thought other than wanting to meet some of the lovely SNA folk.

Wot U Reckon???

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

How would you describe the style of content???

Hey Ant,

these guys do very good traditional death metal.  I'd say they sit in the middle of early Entombed/Dismember/Carnage/Grave with a bit of Bolt Thrower there too.  They're not hyper fast or super technical like so many nowadays, they're just good death metal.  Grab yourself a listen on Spotify or similar dude.  I must also say thanks to @blackangus who threw Necrot into my vision also, that LP shoudl arrive this week I am hoping.  Brilliant album, one which I missed on release completely but will definately be watching them going forward.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, blackangus said:

So who's getting a little excited about the prospect of a new Blood Incantation record? IMG_20191025_224814_369.jpegimages%20(2).jpeg

As Vektor are to extra terrestial thrash metal, these guys are to extra terrestial death metal.!!

Should be a good release no doubt.  Shame their band logo is so indecipherable and leads impression to a very different style of music. I think thats what knocked peoples heads off, I was expecting a very generic brand of death metal actually I was expecting 3rd tier black metal, but upon listening was drawn in - because they can play technically, still have layers of atmosphere but be soooo brutal!!!

The new album will hopefully advance on starspawn and I am pretty interested to see how they go with their production on this one too, I thought Starspawn captured things perfectly. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

I'm thinking we 'Metalheads' should attempt a 'Get Together' of some kind.

I know we are all over the country, and all have our own busy lifestyles, but a little planning and notification should be able sort something out.  Maybe an annual thing and move it around so some don't have to travel so far each year.  Maybe even a powered campsite could work if someone has, or knows of a place that would be willing to host a few Metalheads..

Of course we would need a suitable location with a nice system, and no neighbours would be wicked too.

I would be more than happy to host the first one, but I don't have the greatest system yet (a work in progress, recently begun). 

If some wanted to bring some gear as well as music, that should work.

This is an 'off the cuff' post, without much thought other than wanting to meet some of the lovely SNA folk.

Wot U Reckon???

This was attempted many years ago here on SNA albeit on a smaller scale for a metal themed GTG. Great I thought so I created a fez doz records and carted myself over to the  members place only to find a bunch of non metal folks were also in attendance! So in short it got about as heavy as a little early Judas Priest before complaints started coming through.

The church's door is open anytime for you lot that want to come and enjoy something heavier than the norm.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

So in short it got about as heavy as a little early Judas Priest before complaints started coming through.

hahahah oh dear!  Priest rule but yeah, a metal GTG should cover the spectrum.  If this happens and people attend then they should be aware of and have no issue where the music heads south!!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

The church's door is open anytime for you lot that want to come and enjoy something heavier than the norm.

Hey man.

I will be in Melbourne for a week or so in May, as you know.  Maybe we could set something up for your place at that time if suitable for everyone?

• Like 2

As Vektor are to extra terrestial thrash metal, these guys are to extra terrestial death metal.!!
Should be a good release no doubt.  Shame their band logo is so indecipherable and leads impression to a very different style of music. I think thats what knocked peoples heads off, I was expecting a very generic brand of death metal actually I was expecting 3rd tier black metal, but upon listening was drawn in - because they can play technically, still have layers of atmosphere but be soooo brutal!!!
The new album will hopefully advance on starspawn and I am pretty interested to see how they go with their production on this one too, I thought Starspawn captured things perfectly. 
Yep I agree re the Vektor reference. But I like the logo! Instantly recognisable if slightly indecipherable...I love it on the new album sleeve! New track is awesome, a bit of Human era Death/Cynic worship going on I reckon

How's this for a logo... f7f22a3bf20e37220788f4c669dc30d5.jpg

57 minutes ago, blackangus said:

Yep I agree re the Vektor reference. But I like the logo! Instantly recognisable if slightly indecipherable...I love it on the new album sleeve! New track is awesome, a bit of Human era Death/Cynic worship going on I reckon

How's this for a logo... f7f22a3bf20e37220788f4c669dc30d5.jpg

Will check new track out today for sure!! cheers.

That logo is hilarious, surely a band wants to be recognisable to make some money but if not thats cool too. 

You have probably seen this old pic but I always get a bit of a laught out of it and its tongue in cheek humour

1593869880_Lolmadethistogetyourpointacrossthismade_2771057c7776c23afd05d4fa1be96212.png.4e3f6caceb40e2c4a02edf6f94494977.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Mrs Esquire expressed an interest in the music on my hard drive that she hasn't heard in the 10 yrs we've been together. So we're on a trip down memory lane of much younger Skip, obsessed with 'SoulSeek' p2p file sharing, downloading all kinds of random **** as stepping stones through/between genres. Poor old Danzig hasn't had much play time in the last 15 yrs he's lived on this hard drive lol

R-1953792-1254763205.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

I saw Glenn with The Misfits the other night in New York City at Madison Square Garden. They actually put on a great show. Glenn's vocals were on-point, and he (and all of 'em) was super energetic. Dave Lombardo on drums was awesome, perfect for the upbeat old songs. 

PS: I love Danzig 2. Gets lots of play on my Turntable

20191026_164626.jpg

Edited by Cideburns
  • Like 5

I only have the first three albums (If I remember correctly I lost them all in an old hard drive failure and only recovered those ones) 2 is my favourite as an entire album of the three. Was a nice trip down memory lane, Mrs and I both agreed on hearing sooo much Jim Morrison influence, more than I ever realised back when I first listened as a teen, even as a HUGE (fanatical) Jim Morrison fan at the time.  Surprised to see him/Misfits still kicking on and at Madison Square Garden no less!

Edited by SkipEsquire
I will not stand for spelling errors in my posts.

1 hour ago, SkipEsquire said:

I only have the first three albums (If I remember correctly I lost them all in an old hard drive failure and only recovered those ones) 2 is my favourite as an entire album of the three. Was a nice trip down memory lane, Mrs and I both agreed on hearing sooo much Jim Morrison influence, more than I ever realised back when I first listened as a teen, even as a HUGE (fanatical) Jim Morrison fan at the time.  Surprised to see him/Misfits still kicking on and at Madison Square Garden no less!

Compare the album covers :)

THE_DOORS_THE+DOORS-395014.jpg

1928.jpg

• Like 3

@Cideburns

Nice one man.  Lucifuge is also my favourite Danzig album, the only one I have on vinyl and the sound is awesome.

You are one lucky boy to have been there at that gig, with one of my fav's Dave Lombardo on the skins to boot.  Have you heard him play with Grip Inc, or Suicidal Tendencies?

Cheers.

Ant.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 2

Apologies in advance but im seeking some advice. Im considering an original pressing of the Sepultura's tribal epic "Roots" as alas that release was in the era I (stupidly) abandoned vinyl for the shiny new disc format so my only copies are the original CD release and the newer single LP released a few years back. Since then there's been the 2LP reissue so am wondering if anyone has any or all of these they can provide an informed opinion as to which they think is the better release?

Cheers bangers!

Edited by Tubularbells

15 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Apologies in advance but im seeking some advice. Im considering an original pressing of the Sepultura's tribal epic "Roots" as alas that release was in the era I (stupidly) abandoned vinyl for the shiny new disc format so my only copies are the original CD release and the newer single LP released a few years back. Since then there's been the 2LP reissue so am wondering if anyone has any or all of these they can provide an informed opinion as to which they think is the better release?

Cheers bangers!

Hey bud,

I cant really help on the original version vs the new, I only have the single LP version that came in the Seps boxset a couple of years back. It's an album I have never really liked or listened too since release and have actually never played it since I got the boxset LOL.

I do however own the original versions of Beneath and Arise on Vinyl as well as the CD's and also the versions in the boxset and can say that the remasters that were all single LP in that boxset sound really good to me. 

• Like 1

Morning lads.

Woke up this morning with these guys in my head for some obscure, unknown reason...  maybe the recent connection with SciFi & Metal...

Coheed and Cambria  'Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star - Volume One:  From Fear, Through the Eyes of Madness'  2005 Columbia Records.  CD rip.

1401885523_CoheedandCambria-GoodApolloImBurningStar-VolumeOneFromFearThroughtheEyesofMadness2005ColumbiaRecords..jpg.08bc73daf3bcfeb6fc98abffd5d311a9.jpg

Coheed and Cambria  'Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star - Volume Two:  No World for Tomorrow'  2007 Columbia Records.  CD rip.

1139323731_CoheedandCambriaGoodApolloImBurningStar-VolumeTwoNoWorldforTomorrow2007ColumbiaRecords..jpg.731686b20d14eea8b5c9b40c965c17cb.jpg

I was introduced to these guys over ten years ago, when a much younger friend gave me a live DVD that he didn't get in to.  Admittedly, I didn't get in to them straight away either, they took a few listens which finally paid off.  I have most of their work on CD and three live DVD's, including a four night set playing a full album each evening in their home town.

They have a unique approach with their albums, as they are considered the offspring of two characters (Coheed and Cambria), in a SciFi love story.

Great musicianship, great production and I really love the vocal style.

Cheers.

Ant.

• Like 1

Time for Aussie Metal. I keep sayin', from Dead Kelly to Psycroptic,  Aussie has you covered ;)

Listened to Cursed Earth's "The Deathbed Sessions" so much over the past few months, such a freakin epic EP. They lost their singer and released an EP with a different singer for each song. They're a bloody brilliant Perth band. So much goodness from WA (with Cursed Earth and Make Them Suffer topping my favourites recently). As much as it pains me to say this as a Victorian, there's some good **** comin' out of Perth at the moment. 

cursed-earth-TDS.jpg.0db1ab005900a6d778f5938d30c6c3c1.jpg

Thornhill, what a brilliant metalcore band from Melbourne. Their EP, "Butterfly", from last year was bloody great, but recent release "The Dark Pool" is something else, just brilliant. Check it out!

Thornhill-The-Dark-Pool-1000x1000.jpg.31af89b5878d90cc86f697f07bf48a6a.jpg

Finally Meshiaak's new album "Mask of All Misery" due for release on 15 Nov 19 is destined to be something else. The first few tracks release are awesome. Polished thrash tracks worth listening to.  Clean brilliantly produced thrash. Bloody great!

download.jpg.226c355a355f176c6b9b1a5bbd202a8b.jpg

• Like 3