Metal: Currently Spinning

New to me today, ABYSM - A Grim Reminder for some instrumental metal.  On first listen, I was like, oh okay, sounds like the vocals are going to start now.  But they never did!  Woo hoo!  Hang on, that wasn't very metal.  But they never did!  HELL YEAH! ?  But not a bad thing to listen to for a bit over 20 minutes.  It hit the spot for me this afternoon.

a2355251908_16.jpg

https://abysm-sludge.bandcamp.com/album/a-grim-reminder

Mid 90s Sydney madness - two basses and a drum machine. Loved seeing these guys. Those of a mature vintage will remember Damian Bennett selling you records at Utopia in Martin Place if memory serves me, and writing for Hot Metal...David Quinn was in King Snake Roost and did a bunch of art for the mid 90s releases on Black Hole, for Kiss My Poodles Donkey etc. Anyway I digress - this is a collection of I think all their studio output plus a disc of other unreleased stuff. Inner City Uprising in Sydney put it together

deathless.JPG

• Like 3

5 hours ago, cazzesman said:

Any Maiden fans here ?

Of course, if you don't like Maiden then you don't like metal.

As a matter of fact if you don't like Maiden then do the right thing and unsubscribe from this thread. ?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Okay, late to the party I know (that's my nickname)...

This album will have been covered, but I don't give a s*hit.  Best Maiden album since Seven Sons IMHO...on constant repeat for a couple of weeks now, just loving it...neighbours are hating it, my heart would go out to them, if I cared -

81IoZlwP9AL._SX522_.jpg.1f80be0973027973d5b5eebe918b3ac0.jpg

@sir sanders zingmore - we still need a metal themed GTG, as suggested by you a few years ago now...

• Like 3

• Volunteer
10 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

This album will have been covered, but I don't give a s*hit.  Best Maiden album since Seven Sons IMHO...on constant repeat for a couple of weeks now, just loving it...neighbours are hating it, my heart would go out to them, if I cared -

@sir sanders zingmore - we still need a metal themed GTG, as suggested by you a few years ago now...

I’d forgotten about that. Yes, let’s get out of this lockdown and do it!

3 minutes ago, sir sanders zingmore said:

I’d forgotten about that. Yes, let’s get out of this lockdown and do it!

I never forget a good idea.  I still have some finalisation to my set-up, but perhaps the GTG to celebrate the upgrading can be a metal themed one!

So so glad you pair are not my neighbours.  ?+

* @Loud music person(that would be you Kaynin) Luxury Paints Byron Bay have the oil at $250 fer 20 L. Just grabbed 3 tins of the stuff.

** ok...back to youse guys being bad neighbours... play some Budgie ffs...mix it up a bit.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kaynin said:

I’m glad you are finally enjoying The Book of Souls. I did the same as you and played it constantly for a few months, and haven’t played it since, I seem to play earlier albums if I need a Maiden fix, hopefully it will stick as one of your favourites in the future.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luc said:

So so glad you pair are not my neighbours.  ?+

* @Loud music person(that would be you Kaynin) Luxury Paints Byron Bay have the oil at $250 fer 20 L. Just grabbed 3 tins of the stuff.

** ok...back to youse guys being bad neighbours... play some Budgie ffs...mix it up a bit.

lol, I still use the decking oil you recommended, still the best I can find!  ?

Neighbour 1 owns a nearby cafe.  Neighbour 2 hangs out and drinks beer with me.  Neighbour 2 went to neighbour 1’s cafe and was asked “were you at Kaynin’s party last night.  It was so loud.”  Neighbour 2 said “just try telling him that”.  

Certainly my death will be greeted with silence.

An atrocious neighbour... but then, who you gonna call to complain? ?

10 minutes ago, awayward said:

I’m glad you are finally enjoying The Book of Souls. I did the same as you and played it constantly for a few months, and haven’t played it since, I seem to play earlier albums if I need a Maiden fix, hopefully it will stick as one of your favourites in the future.

Hopefully.   Classic Maiden it is not, but geez it gets up and going when I need it to.

Hi All,

Astronoid, Air, Progressive Metal from not Finland but Lowell, Massachusetts, changed albums and still had copied another acts in the copy before pasting, my bad.

2048872509_AstronoidAir.jpg.d0a6190efa932bfcb417825b09934b14.jpg

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 1

Good to be back metal maniacs....

Picked this one up from our very own @candyflip last week to replace my much loved & played original I got when it was released form Pipe Imported Records all those years ago. Still gives me chills decades later so here she is....

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion 

WIN_20210308_15_27_54_Pro.thumb.jpg.26682fa519c44863de1a720baf13226a.jpg

WIN_20210308_15_28_26_Pro.thumb.jpg.589e9a9c5dea2da3870adce7699fdf75.jpg

WIN_20210308_15_28_42_Pro.thumb.jpg.09bcd4d95896c9bbc2babb9ca4e32804.jpg

Thanks to also to @08Boss302 for the Frost concert stub id lost long ago? 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Good to be back metal maniacs....

Picked this one up from our very own @candyflip last week to replace my much loved & played original I got when it was released form Pipe Imported Records all those years ago. Still gives me chills decades later so here she is....

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion 

Thanks to also to @08Boss302 for the Frost concert stub id lost long ago? 

The cover art is just sick isn't it Doug?

IMG_3126.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, candyflip said:

The cover art is just sick isn't it Doug?

Yeah it one of the more striking album covers isnt it done by the late, great H.R. Giger. 

Fun fact. Tom Warrior (Celtic Frost) became very good friends with Giger and is now one of the custodians of his estate.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1