Metal: Currently Spinning

1 minute ago, 08Boss302 said:

In many ways I prefer that album.  This is a great album but AFTHGB just has the edge.  Any guesses where I bought them from BITD hahahah!!!!!

I noticed the singer has fronted another band called "Harmony". I think on the same label as Theocracy.

Ha ha ha....yeah, I bought mine from there too ?

I think the singer, Daniel, is in a band called Heed I believe....haven't really listened to them to be honest!

3 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Ha ha ha....yeah, I bought mine from there too ?

I think the singer, Daniel, is in a band called Heed I believe....haven't really listened to them to be honest!

He sang on this in 2014 but they've done nothing since..

check it out, you might like it!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

He sang on this in 2014 but they've done nothing since..

check it out, you might like it!!

His vocals still sound good.....pity Lost Horizon didn't release another album!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Waaaaay heey!

This arrived today.

Mr. Bungle - The Raging Wrath Of The Easter Bunny Demo.

Good to hear it on the stereo finally, as opposed to earphones.  But damn, it's bass heavy, I really need to try and set my sub up properly. :lol:  Sound is good overall though.  I don't listen to much thrash metal, but this is good to hear.  It's good to hear the boys back, and with Dave and Scott, that, is one hell of a line up!

IMG_20201105_202057.jpg

• Like 1

I don’t consider B.O.C. metal, never have, never will. Melodic hard rock is about right.

I’ve collected these guys since they started. This is the Bluray of their 45th anniversary concert recorded in London, June 2017.

Buck Dharma and Eric Bloom are the surviving members, but he other three members fit in wonderfully. All concert films should be like this. Well lit, long shots, no rapid cutting. Sound in stereo or multi is top notch. 
Tracks include a wish list, some classics taken at a slower pace.

This comes with my highest recommendation.

@Sierra, you will love this.

96631602-727A-46FD-9946-0C3869D53DCC.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 08Boss302 said:

What an album.

Looking at the sale price it made me smile to think that at some point that LP was only $10!  Unreal.

Yes and $10 new, but the store or distributor was sneaky and put a sticker over the little cut in the cover.

Just now, awayward said:

Yes and $10 new, but the store or distributor was sneaky and put a sticker over the little cut in the cover.

bastards!

That means it could have been a promo copy or something if it had a small saw cut in it - which IMO is kinda cool too, I have a few LPs like that.... given what that LP tends to fetch now seeing that $10 is amazing haha

On 09/11/2020 at 10:26 PM, Anatoly Beaver-Hausen said:

I don’t consider B.O.C. metal, never have, never will. Melodic hard rock is about right.

I’ve collected these guys since they started. This is the Bluray of their 45th anniversary concert recorded in London, June 2017.

Buck Dharma and Eric Bloom are the surviving members, but he other three members fit in wonderfully. All concert films should be like this. Well lit, long shots, no rapid cutting. Sound in stereo or multi is top notch. 
Tracks include a wish list, some classics taken at a slower pace.

This comes with my highest recommendation.

@Sierra, you will love this.

96631602-727A-46FD-9946-0C3869D53DCC.jpeg

Cheers for the heads up @Anatoly Beaver-Hausen ... Looks like I'll be adding to my BOC collection!!