Metal: Currently Spinning

Happy Baffurst day to you too my friend, even as a blue oval devotee I am happy to see the roaring lion win in their last year of factory involvement, sad but at 51 I know time marches on.

Been loving these guys lately.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Listening to some Winger - Sahara album (1988)

These guys got a lot of criticism in the day, but they were all fantastic musicians and this is a great melodic rock/metal album...a guilty pleasure ?

20201018_180306.jpg

I agree, always thought that Winger were underrated and I still enjoy their albums.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Happy Baffurst day to you too my friend, even as a blue oval devotee I am happy to see the roaring lion win in their last year of factory involvement, sad but at 51 I know time marches on.

Been loving these guys lately.

Was a decent race!  Kind of fairytale finish for the General, albeit in a Euro car but was good to see them get accross the line and see the car off nicely....and always good to watch the Giz drive!!!  Can't say I was upset to see a certain car in the wall on lap 33 though!

Will check out the OSI link, have not heard them before.

2 hours ago, Dokken said:

Listening to some Winger - Sahara album (1988)

These guys got a lot of criticism in the day, but they were all fantastic musicians and this is a great melodic rock/metal album...a guilty pleasure ?

Agreed, great album, the first two Winger albums IMO are very worthy.  Gotta have them guilty pleasures mate ?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

So good! 

Great choices bud. ??

Yeah, they are both great albums. My preference of the two is the Mark Slaughter fronted album. I just thought the vocals were a little more controlled and more easy to listen to, plus Vinnie's guitar work was more melodic and subdued on the second album ?

2 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Yeah, they are both great albums. My preference of the two is the Mark Slaughter fronted album. I just thought the vocals were a little more controlled and more easy to listen to, plus Vinnie's guitar work was more melodic and subdued on the second album ?

Agreed totally.  The first album was great but the 2nd album put everything together.

I often wonder what the next VVI album might have sounded like if it eventuated and furthermore with Mark OR if Slaughter woudl have happened anyway. 

6 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Agreed totally.  The first album was great but the 2nd album put everything together.

I often wonder what the next VVI album might have sounded like if it eventuated and furthermore with Mark OR if Slaughter woudl have happened anyway. 

Yeah, it would have been interesting to see what direction they would have headed in if the band stayed together....a bit like the Dokken scenario...one will never know I guess!!

I'm not sure if Mark would have stuck around anyway, as he was close with Dana and Vinnie was on the outer by that stage. My guess is that Vinnie would have got Robert Fleischman back as the singer!

13 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Yeah, it would have been interesting to see what direction they would have headed in if the band stayed together....a bit like the Dokken scenario...one will never know I guess!!

I'm not sure if Mark would have stuck around anyway, as he was close with Dana and Vinnie was on the outer by that stage. My guess is that Vinnie would have got Robert Fleischman back as the singer!

I think there was also talk of the guy who fronted Madison to play with them, apparantly there are demo's around with him singing. I forget his name right now but they were around in that shamefully underrated same tier as Icon etc

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

I think there was also talk of the guy who fronted Madison to play with them, apparantly there are demo's around with him singing. I forget his name right now but they were around in that shamefully underrated same tier as Icon etc

You can throw Shotgun Messiah into that category too....criminally underrated!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Keeping up the theme ??

20201020_165828_HDR.jpg

? Not sure why pic is posting upside down, might be due to maintenance and new look, photo was taken right way up ?

Yeah, Ratt was a great band....had a lot of solid albums......although I reckon they got some decent recognition ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Yeah, Ratt was a great band....had a lot of solid albums......although I reckon they got some decent recognition ?

Absolutely. Big time on mtv and hit parader etc. 

Can't believe it's been like 14yrs since that tour here... 

4 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Absolutely. Big time on mtv and hit parader etc. 

Can't believe it's been like 14yrs since that tour here... 

Yep, another band that has splintered like LA Guns....lol lol ?

• Haha 1

Just received something very special in the mail. straight on the turntable as soon as I got home naturally.

Woods of Desolation - Torn Beyond Reason.

A great album from a somewhat legendary Australian black metal band from Wollongong.

20201020_181017.jpg

20201020_190400.jpg

• Like 3

Cathedral - Forest of Equilibrium. 

Amazing album, I remember when it was released, took me a little while to appreciate it as I was all about absolute speed and aggression but after a small while this got its claws in and to this day I still absolutely love it. 

20201021_123911_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dokken said:

The second Lost Horizon album "A Flame to the Ground Beneath" is a great album too...awesome vocals!

In many ways I prefer that album.  This is a great album but AFTHGB just has the edge.  Any guesses where I bought them from BITD hahahah!!!!!

I noticed the singer has fronted another band called "Harmony". I think on the same label as Theocracy.