Metal: Currently Spinning

Massacra - Final Holocaust.

Death metal from France released during the golden period.

Has all the characteristics of that 2nd and 3rd tier of the time, killer riffs, tonnes of aggression, borders on losing control frequently and a production that lets it down a tad.

All the exciting ingredients I grew up on. 

20200601_154106_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

?

20200601_162828_HDR.jpg

Great album Boss man and one i've only discovered in the past few years (bought originals of the first two back in the day but for whatever reason gave up on them after that) and to be honest the only reason I now own this is because Earache f**ked up and sent this instead for my Lawnmower Deth LP haha.

Love Earache and there High Dynamic Range (HDR) re-issues though. Good to see a metal label that gives a crap about sound quality....

Oh an who didn't have a crush on Jo Bench Mmmmmmmm.

Edited by Tubularbells
  • Like 2

Not really spinning but some of you may enjoy it.  Just watched this. Never knew this even existed.  Saw these guys at the Prince of Wales in 07 or 08 I think it was.

Interesting documentary, challenging personalities thats for sure LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgG7cjXJRaE&t=3153s

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Not really spinning but some of you may enjoy it.  Just watched this. Never knew this even existed.  Saw these guys at the Prince of Wales in 07 or 08 I think it was.

Interesting documentary, challenging personalities thats for sure LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgG7cjXJRaE&t=3153s

Yeah saw them too. Great gig and was an honour to chat with Tom briefly afterwards. Best gig of my life finally seeing my favorite metal band of all time!

And yeas the doco is hard to watch for me even know given what transpired during that period.

IMG_0914.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

IMG_0905.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tubularbells said:

Yeah saw them too. Great gig and was an honour to chat with Tom briefly afterwards. Best gig of my life finally seeing my favorite metal band of all time!

And yeas the doco is hard to watch for me even know given what transpired during that period.

Cool pics man, yeah it was a good gig.  Seeing bands like that where their historical relevance and stature can preceed them is sometimes hard, but I think they did a great job.  They (Tom) certainly are responsible for some of the coolest riffs in metal.  Some of his other stuff I dont really get into or follow but a lot like Quorthon (RIP), Tom doesnt need to prove much anymore his influence in metal and sub genres is etched into the caves of hell.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Cool pics man, yeah it was a good gig.  Seeing bands like that where their historical relevance and stature can preceed them is sometimes hard, but I think they did a great job.  They (Tom) certainly are responsible for some of the coolest riffs in metal.  Some of his other stuff I dont really get into or follow but a lot like Quorthon (RIP), Tom doesnt need to prove much anymore his influence in metal and sub genres is etched into the caves of hell.

Imagine all the gigs we must have attended without knowing each other at the time. So glad you said g'day at last years show and look forward to the day when we can spin a few records together and shoot the sh*t around all things metal.

• Like 1

Hey Bangers.

A big thanks to @Luc for posting this link elsewhere on the forum...

https://www.nervegas.com.au/NGsale

Nerve Gas - Australia - 30% off back catalogue.

Edit - I thought I should tag a few members in, not sure how long the sale is on.  Some great albums and bargains to be found... vinyl and CD...

@08Boss302  @deanB  @Satanica  @cazzesman  @Monk  @blackangus  @awayward  @Dokken  @MarkT

@Janjuc  @hired goon - You guys may find the odd album or two.

@Darren69  Did I read that you are spinning vinyl these days?

@Tubularbells Luc has already tagged you in to the original post, but hey, 'tis the Metal thread.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Bangers.

Edit - I thought I should tag a few members in, not sure how long the sale is on.  Some great albums and bargains to be found... vinyl and CD...

@08Boss302  @deanB  @Satanica  @cazzesman  @Monk  @blackangus  @awayward  @Dokken  @MarkT

@Tubularbells Luc has already tagged you in to the original post, but hey, 'tis the Metal thread.

So what you're saying is I should buy a record player? 

:D

10 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hullo brother Ant, no mate, complete opposite, 110% digital now. Whole collection ripped, running ROON and Tidal and loving it.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Bangers.

Hey mate thanks! Yeah I'm all over it, I had got onto that a little while ago and grabbed some Cannabis Corpse, Ackercocke, Crippled Black Phoenix, Cynic, Behemoth, Sleepytime Gorilla Museum...yeah I've actually bought more records in lockdown than normal due to so many sales/free postage etc!

• Like 1

Quite a few Out of Stock already, but still some gems to be found.  I just ordered these...

Heilung  'Futha'  2019 Season of Mist.  2 Lp

737863831_HeilungFutha2019SeasonofMist.jpg.f178f35f19ea19c9c218fa48f80f2466.jpg

Ne Obliviscaris  'Urn'  2017 Season of Mist  2 Lp

1398067343_NeObliviscarisUrn2017SeasonofMist.jpg.bd18f5c2524ba8b59bd81bc76c8d19c9.jpg

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum  'Grand Opening and Closing'  2017 Blood Music  2 Lp

360400606_SleepytimeGorillaMuseumGrandOpeningandClosing2017BloodMusic.jpg.d463617863216333d6f7f5bae78dec83.jpg

Dan Terminus  'Automated Refrains'  2017 Blood Music.  2 Lp

270934171_DanTerminusAutomatedRefrains2017BloodMusic.jpg.b7e22ebf5a323eb5fb0a44a3e68f3380.jpg

Unfortunately all the Death vinyl is out of Stock.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Quite a few Out of Stock already, but still some gems to be found.  I just ordered these...

Heilung  'Futha'  2019 Season of Mist.  2 Lp

737863831_HeilungFutha2019SeasonofMist.jpg.f178f35f19ea19c9c218fa48f80f2466.jpg

Ne Obliviscaris  'Urn'  2017 Season of Mist  2 Lp

1398067343_NeObliviscarisUrn2017SeasonofMist.jpg.bd18f5c2524ba8b59bd81bc76c8d19c9.jpg

360400606_SleepytimeGorillaMuseumGrandOpeningandClosing2017BloodMusic.jpg.d463617863216333d6f7f5bae78dec83.jpg

Dan Terminus  'Automated Refrains'  2017 Blood Music.  2 Lp

270934171_DanTerminusAutomatedRefrains2017BloodMusic.jpg.b7e22ebf5a323eb5fb0a44a3e68f3380.jpg

Unfortunately all the Death vinyl is out of Stock.

nice work mate, URN is an absolute ripper of an LP!!!!

• Like 1

Posted in another thread but this is what I picked up. Some screaming bargains in there but mostly cherry picked now.  

Whoever scored Wolves In The Throne Room - Two Hunters for $30.80 got what is imo the finest second wave atmospheric black metal album EVER! Christ I paid nearly $300 for mine many a year ago.

Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 4.21.49 pm.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

<snippity>

<snip>

Gotta say I was surprised to see they had SGM vinyl.  Almost picked that up.  But then thankfully told myself I couldn't go down that rabbit hole.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Monk said:

Gotta say I was surprised to see they had SGM vinyl.

Same here man.  Jumped right on that for $19.00.

Maybe you introduced them to me here a while back? 

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz

16 minutes ago, Monk said:

Gotta say I was surprised to see they had SGM vinyl.  Almost picked that up.  But then thankfully told myself I couldn't go down that rabbit hole.

1 minute ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Same here man.  Jumped right on that for $19.00.

Maybe you introduced them to me here a while back? 

Im in the dark on this band, worthy of a listen fellas?