Metal: Currently Spinning

34 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Laugh all you like fella's but i can confirm this release has bass that will loosen your fillings. Got to say its a much better experience on the whole and im kinda diggin it....

WIN_20200514_15_17_55_Pro.thumb.jpg.4f76bcf3388a5fc33c77bfb84b6fc74e.jpg

WIN_20200514_15_19_14_Pro.thumb.jpg.aab99e5b80da7d26198efaa42818117b.jpg

worthy of purchase you'd say dude?

I’m really liking this The Mark of Cain album, in particular Battlesick (song 3).

Funny, I was never a fan back in the 90’s....

image.thumb.jpg.b7f43331a77b55135cbe2de16602be9a.jpg

Edited by 5L15
Corrected number
  • Like 2

New Old Man Gloom out today.  Well, two albums actually.  Didn't realise that ha.

But Seminar III is pretty good.  While heavy, OMG doesn't seem quite as brutal or full on as SUMAC.  Or maybe, it's just a different kind of brutal.  Dunno.  I like it.

a1387784560_16.jpg

https://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/seminar-viii-light-of-meaning

Then followed that up with NO because it's been a while since I've listened to it.  Yeah man, probably liking it more now than when I got it actually.  My tastes have changed slightly over the years obviously.  Also, funny fact.  When I finally signed up to Bandcamp, due to music on here, NO was already in my purchased list.  I was a like WTF, but they must have had a coupon or something with the CD I think, otherwise, I got no idea.  Spooky.

a3454795349_16.jpg

https://oldmangloom.bandcamp.com/album/no

Sitting back and listening to some fantastic guitar driven hard rock....

XYZ - Hungry (1991)....it's the second album from these guys.  Their first album was produced by none other than Don Dokken himself....I think this was a better album though. Marc Diglio was an awesome and underrated guitarist with a guitar tone to die for!

download.jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

Another underrated band, who still sound great live today.....I really like this album....FireHouse - Hold your Fire (1992).....Their second album was much better than their first. Bill Leverty was another fantastic guitar player who didn't get much recognition!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dokken said:

Another underrated band, who still sound great live today.....I really like this album....FireHouse - Hold your Fire (1992).....Their second album was much better than their first. Bill Leverty was another fantastic guitar player who didn't get much recognition!

I actually think the first albums from XYZ and Firehouse are better than their second albums, all are good though.

2 minutes ago, awayward said:

I actually think the first albums from XYZ and Firehouse are better than their second albums, all are good though.

Yeah it's all good...it's just a matter of personal taste...there are a lot of people who prefer both bands first albums....I just prefer the slightly heavier, guitar orientated direction both bands took on their follow up albums ??

On 23/05/2020 at 3:34 PM, awayward said:

On 23/05/2020 at 3:40 PM, Dokken said:

Yeah it's all good...it's just a matter of personal taste...there are a lot of people who prefer both bands first albums....I just prefer the slightly heavier, guitar orientated direction both bands took on their follow up albums ??

Amongst quite a few Britney Fox is another that springs to mind like this, where the 2nd album was heavier. Skid Row most certainly the case too.

Cinderella on the hand went from guitar driven to more a bluesy sound which I thought was very cool.

Its a damn shame that there a few to no bands that can capture that kinda fun glam, hard rock, bluesy vibe nowadays.  Death Metal and Thrash seem to have been able to pass the flame down the years but this genre struggled IMHO.  Glad we have what happened in the 80's and very early 90s in this genre to still listen to.

Edited by 08Boss302
Correction on decades
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

Amongst quite a few Britney Fox is another that springs to mind like this, where the 2nd album was heavier. Skid Row most certainly the case too.

Cinderella on the hand went from guitar driven to more a bluesy sound which I thought was very cool.

Its a damn shame that there a few to no bands that can capture that kinda fun glam, hard rock, bluesy vibe nowadays.  Death Metal and Thrash seem to have been able to pass the flame down the years but this genre struggled IMHO.  Glad we have what happened in the 90's and very early 90s in this genre to still listen to.

Agree fully with the above comments. I still regularly listen to the Cinderella - Night Songs cd.....a very solid album.....I personally didn't really like the direction they took after this album though!

• Like 1

@08Boss302......the only recent Glam/Hair metal band who have been decent were the Swedish band Crashdiet....in saying that, I didn't think their recent  album was great!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dokken said:

@08Boss302......the only recent Glam/Hair metal band who have been decent were the Swedish band Crashdiet....in saying that, I didn't think their recent  album was great!

True, crashdiet are pretty cool as are Crazy Lixx

• Like 1

G'day Bangers.

Always great to read the Metal thread and learn from you guys, and hearing solid recommendations for the first time.  I have some catching up to do after limiting my access lately.

Most of you know I was a KISS fanatic in my youth, never had a problem with Glam.

While I love Motley Crue, Guns and Roses and Skid Row, I veered away from bands like Poison, Def Leppard, Cinderella etc.  For me they were too much about the look, which is ironic for a KISS fan.

It was partly due to the 'sleazy' aspect of the look and sound, fantasy I can handle but not sleaze.  It seemed to me that their target audience were chicks they could f*ck.  Again the irony is not lost on me.  Ju

st about every KISS song is about f*cking.  Maybe I had grown up and had more respect for women.  With Def Leppard I didn't like their sound one little bit.

Unfortunately I lumped them all together and missed that musical train.  I've erroneously neglected great music through preconceptions.

Generally I like things nice and heavy, with Metal and Rock in particular, and I veered towards Industrial and Heavy Alternative music back in the 90's, which eventually led me to Electronic and Dance music and away from Metal for quite a few years.

On 16/05/2020 at 5:50 PM, awayward said:

Freddie & the Phantoms - A Universe from Nothing

Looking forward to checking them out for the name alone, the Sabbath reference is bonus.

On 18/05/2020 at 9:50 PM, 5L15 said:

The Mark of Cain

I saw these guys play a few times, a serious group of guys.  You may like Helmet if you don't know them, 'Meantime' is a great album.

On 23/05/2020 at 3:14 PM, Satanica said:

Fun but passionate Thrash Metal.

Two essential ingredients for me too.

On 24/05/2020 at 1:33 PM, Janjuc said:

Ensiferum, Self Titled, Folk Metal from Finland

Nice to see you 'round these parts mate.  Great looking cover, and you've reminded me of Heilung's 'Lifa' which I would like on vinyl.

Enough rambling on.

I picked up this reissue on Amazon last week...

Death  'Human'  1991, 2011, 2017 Perseverance Holdings. Relapse Records. Made in the EU.

1080545598_DeathHuman199120112017PerseveranceHoldings.RelapseRecords.MadeintheEU..JPG.9b3f879ce86f54906a6eff86b03a1864.JPG

@08Boss302  Correct me if mistaken, but I think you recommended these reissues.  Very nice, sounds great.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

G'day Bangers.

Always great to read the Metal thread and learn from you guys, and hearing solid recommendations for the first time.  I have some catching up to do after limiting my access lately.

Most of you know I was a KISS fanatic in my youth, never had a problem with Glam.

While I love Motley Crue, Guns and Roses and Skid Row, I veered away from bands like Poison, Def Leppard, Cinderella etc.  For me they were too much about the look, which is ironic for a KISS fan.

It was partly due to the 'sleazy' aspect of the look and sound, fantasy I can handle but not sleaze.  It seemed to me that their target audience were chicks they could f*ck.  Again the irony is not lost on me.  Ju

st about every KISS song is about f*cking.  Maybe I had grown up and had more respect for women.  With Def Leppard I didn't like their sound one little bit.

Unfortunately I lumped them all together and missed that musical train.  I've erroneously neglected great music through preconceptions.

Generally I like things nice and heavy, with Metal and Rock in particular, and I veered towards Industrial and Heavy Alternative music back in the 90's, which eventually led me to Electronic and Dance music and away from Metal for quite a few years.

Looking forward to checking them out for the name alone, the Sabbath reference is bonus.

I saw these guys play a few times, a serious group of guys.  You may like Helmet if you don't know them, 'Meantime' is a great album.

Two essential ingredients for me too.

Nice to see you 'round these parts mate.  Great looking cover, and you've reminded me of Heilung's 'Lifa' which I would like on vinyl.

Enough rambling on.

I picked up this reissue on Amazon last week...

Death  'Human'  1991, 2011, 2017 Perseverance Holdings. Relapse Records. Made in the EU.

1080545598_DeathHuman199120112017PerseveranceHoldings.RelapseRecords.MadeintheEU..JPG.9b3f879ce86f54906a6eff86b03a1864.JPG

@08Boss302  Correct me if mistaken, but I think you recommended these reissues.  Very nice, sounds great.

Hey man, good write up. Helmet meantime a ripper release!!

Yeah bud, it was me who suggested you grab the relapse reissues, they are a great option against the originals.  The century media reissues were a butchery. Steer clear. 

Glad you like that album. Their whole catalog is all killer, imho one of the band's without a foot wrong in their career....sadly cut short

• Like 2

Death's Leprosy album brings me so many great memories of my time in high school and trips with the family (we had a rule of one cassette of rotation per family member in the car and always enjoyed the silence when it was my turn lol)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Death's Leprosy album brings me so many great memories of my time in high school and trips with the family (we had a rule of one cassette of rotation per family member in the car and always enjoyed the silence when it was my turn lol)

You could say I am a bit of fan of the Leprosy album LOL

image.thumb.jpeg.767efb028267c6b77f17ace8ec1e47f1.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I was watching a Phil X youtube vid the other day about his session work on this Album.  Phil is abit OTT, but he is fun.  Alot of the quirky little fills on the CD turn out to be his.

I always thought this was one of Alice's top 3 Cd's in his Discography.   The April 2001 concert Tour of the CD was one of my all time favs.

It truly is an epic CD.    Production is huge.   Vocals really pop out front and the drums are crystal.     All Killer, no filler.  Brilliant lyric throughout.

Regards Cazzesman

ac bp.jpg

• Like 2