Metal: Currently Spinning

21 minutes ago, awayward said:

Brave man, I streamed the album and could only get through 2 songs, not an Elvis fan so that didn’t help.

Agree, I was geared up ready to buy. Had a listen on Youtube and lost all interest. He should have done this 20 years ago.

I have the first 3 Danzig albums all original presses and Danzig II is signed by the man himself. They are some of my most prized records and IMO are near reference quality. Even the CD's sound fantastic.

• Like 5

On 28/04/2020 at 3:53 PM, Dokken said:

Currently listening to one of the best concept albums in metal:

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime ?

https://youtu.be/ME35sL_pDPA

Brilliant album. I didn't like them as a bit of a narrow minded kid in the 80s - vox too high, not heavy enough...weird cos at the same time I fkn loved loved loved Rush. Anyway that's the thing, you can go back and listen again! After rediscovering it maybe five years ago I gave this album - and their earlier back catalogue - a flogging last year while painting an extension. It's funny though, another one of those bands who you can follow 'Geoff's OP MC' or Queensryche, like with Venom, Venom Inc, seem to be heaps of these hopeless pr1cks who can't just get their act together and play metal...

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cazzesman said:

https://www.blabbermouth.net/cdreviews/scatterbrain/

George and dUg plus Korn's drummer Ray Luzier make up this dynamic Trio.

Just stumbled across them Youtube surfing.

Regards Cazzesman

kxmscatterbraincd_420.jpg

Produced three albums so far, all are good but I feel there is just something missing to make them great. The albums have average tracks mixed with the better, not unlike most albums I suppose, I have always liked dUg’s vocals and Bass playing In King’s X, maybe it is the mix on the albums, anyway also good to find new music.

Edited by awayward
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, hired goon said:

a0693201584_16.jpg

BongripperSatan Worshipping Doom -- the blurb says "four tracks clocking slightly under 60 minutes of life-destroying monolithic doom". Well isn't that nice. Just the thing for Sunday evenings waiting for the second wave to kick in.

--Geoff

Ha!

I was looking back through Bongripper's catalogue this afternoon thinking about what to get next and that was played.  Didn't mind it, although seeing as how I was still working Heroin seemed to fit my mood a bit better.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2020 at 9:13 PM, hired goon said:

a0693201584_16.jpg

BongripperSatan Worshipping Doom -- the blurb says "four tracks clocking slightly under 60 minutes of life-destroying monolithic doom". Well isn't that nice. Just the thing for Sunday evenings waiting for the second wave to kick in.

--Geoff

Wait.  I just noticed their all of their discography is name your price.  It wasn't like that yesterday was it?  I mean, you didn't say that, so it must not have been, right?  :D

Guess I'm buying today then!  ??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awayward said:

I'm sorry but I can't like your post, it's just wrong.

So wrong,  yet sooooo right.....

Yeah Have zero expectations and frankly what ive heard so far online hasn't overly impressed but hey im a sucker for all things Danzig as evidenced by my LP copy of Black Aria ?

I seem to have had this in my wishlist for a while, but only just got around to having a good listen, and then decided to buy it halfway through ha.

2 piece from Norway.  And they've got a big sound for only 2 people.  Screamed vocals, but the cool kind, so I'm okay with that.  It almost reminds me of Pelican or Russian Circles in places actually with the chugga chugga guitars... err, guitar bringing the heavy.  They do slow it down a little bit in places, but it's still heavy, not quiet like a post-rock/metal band might do.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a listen.  

a3395862156_16.jpg

https://urskoghymn.bandcamp.com/album/perish