Metal: Currently Spinning

On 02/04/2020 at 9:06 PM, Dokken said:

Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas .......killer album with a great production by Dave Otero.  How apt given the current situation....Nostradamus like predictions from Travis Ryan back in November 2019!!!002.thumb.jpg.dcfaefaab88936d7438ee80770e629c9.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I was vaguely aware of Cattle Decapitation, after watching the video decided to buy the Death Atlas album. Freaking incredible!!!!

• Like 1

Continuing the 80s thrash vibe.  Some gems on this album but it's really not Slayer, kind of Priest meets Maiden with some Exciter type speed metal thrown in.  Next album became Slayer.

Still though, I really like this album, I think it's the feel of the time and it's youthfulness makes it great. That said, of the big 4, it's imo the weakest of the debut albums.

20200409_175759_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey @08Boss302

How are your ears this morning?

LOL , all good mate. I've got a family in the house so its never too loud but just a nice dynamic volume. 

By the last LP i was quite a few beers in so really wanted to crank it up but my wife and 8yr old would not have been impressed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 08Boss302 said:

LOL , all good mate. I've got a family in the house so its never too loud but just a nice dynamic volume. 

By the last LP i was quite a few beers in so really wanted to crank it up but my wife and 8yr old would not have been impressed

I had some friends around one night and we got drunk and I really cranked Vicarious by TOOL. The mates partner left the room and sat out the front of the house, she was scared apparently. :D 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

I had some friends around one night and we got drunk and I really cranked Vicarious by TOOL. The mates partner left the room and sat out the front of the house, she was scared apparently. :D 

At your volume she probably thought the house was going to vibrate in to a crumbling heap, better to get out. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Haven't listened to these guys in a long time! Their newest album with a new singer and guitarist is great....less symphonic and more guitar driven this time around ?

Thanks for the heads up on this. 

I stopped after Power of the Dragon Flame, which I think was the last album prior to the name change?   I did listen to the occassional track of the Rhapsody of Fire stuff but it didn't grab me, the most recent Turelli Rhapsody thing was awful IMO.  Will check this one out though.  I occassionaly go back and listen to the first couple of releases from Rhapsody and the first Turelli CD is still a ripper - no prizes for which shop I bought all that stuff from LOL.

If the music isn't always great their artwork never fails.

Hey @08Boss302, agree with everything you say....Dawn of Victory wasn't too bad and The Frozen Tears of Angels was ok....everything else was a miss for me....lol lol

Turilli and Lione are gone on this incarnation of the band and basically Staropoli, the keyboardist, is the only original member on this album....this album slays the new Turilli Rhapsody album which was awful as you said....ha ha ha

I know very well where you would have bought all the Rhapsody and Turilli stuff as I purchased them all from there too ;)

Check it out, was released in early 2019 from memory and it's more of a return to form/their earlier stuff....more aggressive sounding and guitar orientated....plus I prefer the new singer's voice to be honest!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Darren69 said:

I took my son to that venue a few months back to see the top fuelers..Jesus I’d love to experience Vicarious at that level haha... ouch!!?

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, mtf said:

I took my son to that venue a few months back to see the top fuelers..Jesus I’d love to experience Vicarious at that level haha... ouch!!?

Drop in sometime, we can run on alcohol. 

• Haha 1