Metal: Currently Spinning

Spent the day painting the exterior.    Game in, showered up and got a glass of wine.    Put on this oldy but a goody.

Eargasm!!!!!!!   Thunderous effort from Jorn and Allen.  such a brilliant metal CD.   Producer, writer, all around star music man Magnus Karlsson killed it with these guys.    Brilliant production.   Vocals are superb. 

The 3 album series from Frontiers and these 3 guys  - The Battle and The Showdown are stellar CD's.

61JaayP3CEL._SY355_.jpg

• Like 2

Ahoy Lads.

Back into a little Metal after seeing this pop up on my youtube feed the other day...

Igorrr  'Spirituality and Distortion'  2020 Metal Blade Records.

1984026873_IgorrrSpiritualityandDistortion2020MetalBladeRecords_600.jpg.58ec9d90775ea83ef514f1d813110431.jpg

French musician Gautier Serre with a progressive approach on black metal, baroque music, breakcore, and trip hop.  Tagged as Avant Garde and Experimental and definitely not everyone's cuppa tea, well worth a listen if you're up for a challenge.

More guitar driven than the previous album which was more 'Techno' with an abundance of processing.  It retains prominent Electronic elements but focusses more on the riffs. 

It has a Middle Eastern flavour evident by the cover art.

A positive review here...

https://metalinjection.net/reviews/igorrr-spirituality-and-distortion

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Ahoy Lads.

Back into a little Metal after seeing this pop up on my youtube feed the other day...

Igorrr  'Spirituality and Distortion'  2020 Metal Blade Records.

1984026873_IgorrrSpiritualityandDistortion2020MetalBladeRecords_600.jpg.58ec9d90775ea83ef514f1d813110431.jpg

French musician Gautier Serre with a progressive approach on black metal, baroque music, breakcore, and trip hop.  Tagged as Avant Garde and Experimental and definitely not everyone's cuppa tea, well worth a listen if you're up for a challenge.

More guitar driven than the previous album which was more 'Techno' with an abundance of processing.  It retains prominent Electronic elements but focusses more on the riffs. 

It has a Middle Eastern flavour evident by the cover art.

A positive review here...

https://metalinjection.net/reviews/igorrr-spirituality-and-distortion

Reminds me what would happen of Les Claypool (Primus) started a metal band. Your right in that it is definitely out there!!!!

Might need to give it a few more listens to see if it clicks.

• Like 1

Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas .......killer album with a great production by Dave Otero.  How apt given the current situation....Nostradamus like predictions from Travis Ryan back in November 2019!!!002.thumb.jpg.dcfaefaab88936d7438ee80770e629c9.jpg

Edited by Dokken
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Dokken said:

Cattle Decapitation - Death Atlas .......killer album with a great production by Dave Otero.  How apt given the current situation....Nostradamus like predictions from Travis Ryan back in November 2019!!!002.thumb.jpg.dcfaefaab88936d7438ee80770e629c9.jpg

killer band and this was a great album.  Stretching the genre boundries always.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Capone said:

One of my faves ?

100% agree. Love this album, always felt Skid Row put themselves in a tough spot with this release, the ST album was a ripper album but certainly more glam and radio freindly but STTG was a by and large a heavy beast of an album. Looking back, their glam fans couldnt quite digest it but the "thrash and heavy metal" community didnt want to be seen as Skid Row fans.  Brilliant band and album in any respect.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

Brilliant band and album in any respect.

Hey Man.  Great post mate.

I have the self titled on Vinyl, listen every now and then, but yeah - they weren't quite heavy enough for me 'back in the day', and I never bothered listening to any other albums.  Will have to give this a listen at least.

Cheers Boys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man.  Great post mate.

I have the self titled on Vinyl, listen every now and then, but yeah - they weren't quite heavy enough for me 'back in the day', and I never bothered listening to any other albums.  Will have to give this a listen at least.

Cheers Boys.

definately do it Ant, I am fan of their first 3 albums, I wont claim to have paid much attn once Seb left but STTG is a bruiser and totally not what you'd expect their follow up to the S/T to have sounded like.

• Like 1

Have listened to this 4 times in the past 2 days.

I'm gonna call it early, Not sure with the current global situation there'll be many albums out this year, but (unless Anthrax or MegadetH release an album ?) I cannot see anything coming close to this release in the year of 2020.  Its insanely good with a production to match. 

Thank god we have TestamenT who at 30+ years into their career can churn albums out like this.  Brilliant.

Capture1.JPG

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

Have listened to this 4 times in the past 2 days.

I'm gonna call it early, Not sure with the current global situation there'll be many albums out this year, but (unless Anthrax or MegadetH release an album ?) I cannot see anything coming close to this release in the year of 2020.  Its insanely good with a production to match. 

Thank god we have TestamenT who at 30+ years into their career can churn albums out like this.  Brilliant.

Capture1.JPG

Whoa.  Missed this release, thanks for the heads up, will have to get my hands on it.

• Like 1

To Top