Metal: Currently Spinning

2 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Hahaha love it!

Sounds like I need to check this one out....

I always end up on the fence about it. The playing is great and it does have some interesting reinterpreted parts but I just wish they had gone full ham on the 'doom' labelling; slowed it all down to a crawl and detuned the crap out of it.

• Haha 1

Lifelover - Erotic

Not much to say other than it's  some of the most depressive music your likely to hear yet on the flip side also somewhat uplifting....

20200311_210728.jpg

Edited by Tubularbells

My Dying Bride - The Ghost Of Orion

MDB are back! Ohhh been waiting many a year for this and personally thought the band were done after all the tragedy the band had  gone through recently but alas here it is in beautiful double snow white vinyl @ 45 rpm.

image.thumb.png.f6f072dee5756d2add45d4635d3cf8fd.png

On 11/03/2020 at 9:17 PM, Tubularbells said:

Lifelover - Erotic

Not much to say other than it's  some of the most depressive music your likely to hear yet on the flip side also somewhat uplifting....

20200311_210728.jpg

Dark, I like it, will chekkem out thanks mate.

• Like 1

On a more serious note, just set up new cartridge, took the Nagaoka MP110 out to try something different. See attached pics.

On my 3rd record, pretty brittle at present. Hoping it warms up a bit after some play time.  Each record seems like it getting colder at the moment ?

Production of some of these 80s albums not great either but it's pretty "trebbly" in here right now 

20200320_205216_HDR.jpg

Edited by 08Boss302

9 hours ago, 08Boss302 said:

On a more serious note, just set up new cartridge, took the Nagaoka MP110 out to try something different. See attached pics.

On my 3rd record, pretty brittle at present. Hoping it warms up a bit after some play time.  Each record seems like it getting colder at the moment ?

Production of some of these 80s albums not great either but it's pretty "trebbly" in here right now 

20200320_205216_HDR.jpg

Could possibly need more time but assuming alignment is correct id try a heavier tracking weight (around 2g) as there are apparently a quite stiff cart as well as different capacitive loadings if your phono has any.

7 hours ago, Tubularbells said:

Could possibly need more time but assuming alignment is correct id try a heavier tracking weight (around 2g) as there are apparently a quite stiff cart as well as different capacitive loadings if your phono has any.

4 hours ago, Batty said:

They are pretty toppy if the VTA is out, I had one a few years ago on my Rock. Good cart when set up.

Can be sibilant too.

Thanks guys,

Spent a few hours this morning revisiting my setup.

Painstakingly got my OCD to kick in using 52mm Technics Overhang guage, dial calipers, magnifying glass and ruler - my wife thought it was hilarous.  By my measure and view I have it within what looks like half of a mm from styuls tip to moutning point.  I have re checked and set Azimuth perfectly, re balanced tonearm also.  Whilst the Technics SL1200mkII has an adjustable height on the Tonearm I kept at Zero to balance it and then put 2gr tracking force.  Illustrations show the bottom of the cart should be parallel with the LP and looking at things I reckon im there or a beez kcid away.

It is still a bit brighter than I am use to with the Nagaoka on this table but with less than 5hrs on it I could be expecing too much too soon.  I'll give it some more time and also throw another mat on the table see if that helps (my tastes) a bit more. 

By all accounts its meant to be a very nice cart, it might be more detailed by character than I am use to also....in any case, I'll keep at it.

Sorry for the slight off topic post

• Like 1