Metal: Currently Spinning

6 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

....that said, it's still metal to me lol.  It's loud, bratty and musically some of these guys are/were exceptionally good.

When I've got my collection on shuffle I Love it when something from the glam/hard rock genre follows after a death metal track and is then followed by a thrash or traditional metal track. Bit of fun between the angst ??

I agree, it is metal to me, but most of the posts here are the really heavy stuff that I don’t like or listen to, not glam, traditional metal or hard rock.

Pity Dokken disbanded after this album.. They were at their peek at that point and who knows what they may have achieved!

The Don Dokken Solo album "Up from the Ashes" and the Lynch Mob "Wicked Sensation" album were great follow ups though!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dokken said:

Pity Dokken disbanded after this album.. They were at their peek at that point and who knows what they may have achieved!

The Don Dokken Solo album "Up from the Ashes" and the Lynch Mob "Wicked Sensation" album were great follow ups though!

Totally agree dude, 

And, indeed, these were great. I think Don's album takes the prize tho. Not by much but it's an awesome album

20200221_222624_HDR.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, awayward said:

I agree, it is metal to me, but most of the posts here are the really heavy stuff that I don’t like or listen to, not glam, traditional metal or hard rock.

Maybe everyone feels compelled to post brutal?  Not sure.

I'm into the brutal, the thrash, the dark and the glam stuff.  Death and thrash my fav genres but I say just post it up dude. ??

• Like 2

Agree with you champ, but there ain't much in it.

I was just listening to the Lynch Mob cd today and it's got some awesome songs. Lynch saved some of his best solos for that album....lol

Oni Logan's vocals were also great on the album, even though he wasn't that great live in the day! ?

• Like 1

Hey Bangers.

Don't mind a little Glam myself.  I was listening to these guys many years ago...

Wrathchild 'Stackheel Strutt' 1983 Bullet Records.                                                                        Wrathchild 'Stakk Attakk' 1984 Heavy Metal Recors.

1512555005_WrathchildStackheelStrutt1983BulletRecords..jpg.076fe68b7bc5876e77d61cc79090567e.jpg                             372819918_WrathchildStakkAttakk1984HeavyMetalRecors..jpg.846b87ce8af0892ab363af7c8c6e0efe.jpg

Wrathchild ( U.K. )

I have a banged up copy of 'Stackheel Strutt' in need of replacement, and would love to pick up 'Stakk Attakk' if one ever pops up.

Not something I will go out of my way for, but if they appear, in excellent condition, I would not hesitate.

• Like 2

... and then this album came out...

1443581710_MotleyCrueTooFastforLove.jpg.ef0606ae28589443f79e782e5e8a297f.jpg                              1242628477_MotleyCrueTooFastforLoveInner..jpg.cf37419c14217a1218e0c529de253471.jpg

I still love this album, so raw, so much energy, and Tommy on the skins.

This is definitely a new take on Glam with a heavier sound and Satanic imagery, compared with the more feminine, traditional Glam look.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 5

43 minutes ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

...  and the polar opposite...

Stryper 'To Hell with the Devil' 1986 Enigma Records, Big Time, Aust.

1959305819_StryperToHellwiththeDevil1986EnigmaRecordsBigTimeAust_500.jpg.3147cc245d7673441b1fd107e88a7a57.jpg                     914770017_StryperToHellwiththeDevil1986EnigmaRecordsBigTimeAust.back500.jpg.caffe45c93edda8c6a58c51c5e724c0b.jpg

Oh GOD (literally) ?

Cannot talk though as I also have one christian album   "Vengeance - Human Sacrifice". Remember fondly when it came out as it was the first of the god botherers  doing thrash with almost death metal like vocals. To say I was a very confused teenager was an understatement....

20200222_084548.jpg

20200222_084627.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Oh GOD (literally) ?

Cannot talk though as I also have one christian album   "Vengeance - Human Sacrifice". Remember fondly when it came out as it was the first of the god botherers  doing thrash with almost death metal like vocals. To say I was a very confused teenager was an understatement....

20200222_084548.jpg

20200222_084627.jpg

brutal album. 

I remember when Alan Thomas (RIP) played that on his radion show, i couldnt believe the brutality of this christian band.  I'd heard Believer and Mortification were kicking around but this was different, as you say, it was Thrashy but with a very death like howl vocal.

Their cover of space truckin which i think was on the 2nd LP was insane!!, They'd changed their name to Vengeance Rising by then.

I read a while ago the singer went loopy or something like that...

Edited by 08Boss302
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

brutal album. 

I remember when Alan Thomas (RIP) played that on his radion show, i couldnt believe the brutality of this christian band.  I'd heard Believer and Mortification were kicking around but this was different, as you say, it was Thrashy but with a very death like howl vocal.

Their cover of space truckin which i think was on the 2nd LP was insane!!, They'd changed their name to Vengeance Rising by then.

I read a while ago the singer went loopy or something like that...

Yeah also bought there second release (it was all CD by then) and as as mentioned they had to change their name due to another band owning the rights.

Ive got an interview of the band on cassette by Allan Thomas which I only listened to recently after 30+ years.

You should come over for a listen. The tape also has interviews with Slayer (funny when AT asked how long they had been around and Dave L. said only 7 years!) as well as King Diamond, Celtic Frost and Metallica (promoting the Justice album). Priceless stuff!!!!

19 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Yeah also bought there second release (it was all CD by then) and as as mentioned they had to change their name due to another band owning the rights.

Ive got an interview of the band on cassette by Allan Thomas which I only listened to recently after 30+ years.

You should come over for a listen. The tape also has interviews with Slayer (funny when AT asked how long they had been around and Dave L. said only 7 years!) as well as King Diamond, Celtic Frost and Metallica (promoting the Justice album). Priceless stuff!!!!

UNREAL!!!  Sounds good man, that'd be great.

I'll flick you PM and we'll lock something in, I'm only round the corner in the next suburb LOL.

i've got the Anthrax Interview he did on the P.O.T tour, from memory they did that interview at the RRR studios the arvo of the gig at the glass house.

Hilarious listening to that stuff when you hear the bands talk about how early it is in their career etc.  Golden age of metal.

• Like 1

GGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!

Ahoy Bangers.

I was having a look at the venue web page for details about the upcoming Jinjer gig at The Basement, Canberra, this coming Wednesday.  I'm going with @Sime and his wife.

Noticed a few other half ( joking )decent bands playing there in the near future...

Jinjer.jpg.25704f60e1308db90b08cd0fcdb63d24.jpg

venominc-exciter-tour.jpg.9ee35a61f27604f98a39653e06c261d6.jpg

SACRED-REICH-and-VIO-LENCE-Australian-Tour-Dates-HEAVY-Magazine.jpg.a5483d976f1c97b08a774cd371a85a9e.jpg

Nile.png.56ee086ef0f05f43959a72df1a13aff1.png

dri-hirax-tour.jpg.30a6559c00407f9683766ccee9205000.jpg

Thought I would give a heads up here instead of five threads in the gig guide.

I never knew Canberra was such a high profile Metal destination.

Edit - Oops - Wrong Jinjer flyer.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 2

Comparing one of my top 10 albums of all time

Bathory - Under The Sign Of The Black Mark

Quite disappointed (but not surprised) that the original destroys the reissue by a large margin. This was never an audiophile masterpiece to begin with however the original has a certain charm which is sadly lost on the reissue which is a shame as originals go for silly money these days. Giveaway was the crappy paper inner sleeve which for me means a quality product wasn't a consideration. Hoping Quarthorn is now restring in Valhalla (RIP)

image.thumb.png.175a6115a4d75901d56dfe3979304b23.png

• Like 2

Couple of new purchases this afternoon.

First up is SÂVER, a Norwegian band. 

Liking this.  Tagged as doom, hardcore and post-metal etc.  Yeah, to me I can hear hardcore (I think I need to stop saying that, not sure what it really means) in some of the vocals style, but not all, they do mix it up a bit.  And okay, there's probably a bit of 'post' in there as well.  Definitely doomy and sludgey in a lot places.  So. much. heavy.  It's awesome.

a2334603268_16.jpg

https://saeverband.bandcamp.com/album/they-came-with-sunlight-2

Then onto a slightly different heavy with a Swiss band, Herod.  I'm very European chic tonight... :lol: 

Tagged as progressive and sludge etc.  I guess I can hear the prog, but not sure I would have classed this as sludge though.  To me it reminds me of Meshuggah a lot of the time to be honest.  Seems a bit too fast and clear to be sludge.  Whatever.  Still pretty cool.

a1257922776_16.jpg

https://herod.bandcamp.com/album/sombre-dessein

Oh yeah, got onto these from Pelagic Record's free sampler, so might be something in that for you too.  https://pelagicrecords.bandcamp.com/album/free-sampler-2020

Oh wait, that sparked a memory.

nubxo.jpg

:rofl: 

Edited by Monk