Hi folks,

After just reading that the local price for the Wyred 4 sound remedy reclocker has gone up from $430 to $550  I'm thinking there might be plenty of other fish in the sea that do the same thing. It would be appreciated if anyone can suggest similar devices and their experience, comparison or opinion of them.

I can start with my own experience. I own an old Audio Alchemy DTI Pro32 reclocker and I recently connected the coax from my pc to this and then to a nad m51. It was an obvious and decent improvement in sound quality. I'm thinking another reclocker like the remedy or Audio gd  would be useful. The Audio gd has usb input as well as spdif where as the W4S only has spdif.

Thanks in advance,

L11

I shouldn't need a reclocker with the PS Audio PWT I dont think?

That's what was said about the Nad M51 but mine was improved with the dti pro32. And pchans.

$550??? Bugger. I guess the lower Aussie dollar had to bite sooner or later.

Annoying thing too is I don't recall any product price drops when the dollar goes up.

Haven't done the maths but it appears the remedy has risen significantly more than the exchange rate. The Big G (gouging) back in town?

That's what was said about the Nad M51 but mine was improved with the dti pro32. And pchans.

Yeah, No

The unit making a difference on the NAD M51 is expected given the tier of the DAC.

Yeah, No

The unit making a difference on the NAD M51 is expected given the tier of the DAC.

Perhaps true but at release and from many user accounts the M51 was considered as and even promoted as being excellent in jitter reduction. These reclockers make a difference and I imagine dare I say it that even the PS Audio perfect wave series might be improved by one.

Haven't done the maths but it appears the remedy has risen significantly more than the exchange rate.

I have, because like a few others I was hoping Christmas might provide one. It won't now.

Assuming current aussie dollar of $.80 US (give or take) and a retail price of $400 over there, a change in price to reflect the falling dollar should come in at around $500. A jump from $430 to $550 covers an exchange rate change from parity to somewhere in the high 70c range...

I've also had a look at the W4S website - to order one unit shipped to Australia, it's about $570 via PayPal including shipping with the current exchange rate.

Isnt it all about timing? The PWT saves everything to storage and plays it from there. I dunno.

WOW $70 postage, it's smaller than a cd!

I don't need to be convinced of the benefits of buying local, or the additional unseen expenses of selling any product but i do agree with legs that the rise in price is covering more than just an increase in exchange rate.

So why the sudden price jump prior to Christmas? Either way I'm looking at other options now.

So if you know of alternatives please let us know.

Edited by legselevens

Just got Randles W4S reclocker, will try this stuff out.

So why the sudden price jump prior to Christmas? Either way I'm looking at other options now.

So if you know of alternatives please let us know.

sonicweld diverter, synchromesh, audiophilleo, audio-gd di, and I think bel canto make one too....

Edited by Juicester

Thanks Juicey, I'll possibly go with Audio gd DI2014 but am not in a hurry so who knows what comes on the market by then.

I'll sell you this W4S thingy if it does nothing, haha.

I'll sell you this W4S thingy if it does nothing, haha.

Priced accordingly of course.

Oh, you'll be taking the same risk as me. ;)

Thanks Darren  you're all heart. If it had usb like the Audio gd it would be even more enticing.

Gustard U12 /game

The gustard (and the sonicweld diverted and Audiophilleo for that matter) aren't reclockers... They are USB converters. It's not really what this thread is about.

@@legselevens true, only coax-optical-BNC inputs.

Seriously, it will be interesting to hear what difference, if any, it makes between my PS Audio PWT and the Peachtree integrated. The cables might make a difference to it too, with one Canare 70 ohm-plugged version and one typical coax cable t be used. Assuming I should put the canare from the W4S to the Peachtree.

My reclocker has arrived, will have a listen later tonight.

....Assuming I should put the canare from the W4S to the Peachtree.

From what I have read that would be the way to go. Your shortest and or best cable from remedy to dac.