betty boop

electric cars

I love the Citroen above but it needs to be EV not some lame hybrid.  It’s not 2010 any more. The Volt has been and gone. Hyundai Kona EV is powerful, long range and an EV.  No reason why a big Citroen can’t be those things as well.

Citroen still do innovative.  I know and regularly ride in one of these and it’s way more interesting and innovative than the competition.

76E72358-8748-4759-8237-F0DCA0C6A828.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Tesla killers.  Don’t make me laugh.

Edited by Briz Vegas

I hope that every one of them is a 'Tesla killer', it'll mean that we all have some fantastic cars to choose from

8 hours ago, proftournesol said:

I hope that every one of them is a 'Tesla killer', it'll mean that we all have some fantastic cars to choose from

yep ! bring it on ! :) 

I've been following the Lightyear for quite a while (at least 1 lightyear) and the concept sounds interesting, but almost too good to be true, except this team has won the Solar Challenge 3 times. Some details here

9 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

I've been following the Lightyear for quite a while (at least 1 lightyear) and the concept sounds interesting, but almost too good to be true, except this team has won the Solar Challenge 3 times. Some details here

how interesting. the claims do seem a bit far fetched ! but at quite a cost $170k us ! quite possible has some amazing tech making possible ? , I still find hard to believe though :D 

anyways perhaps some of this will filter down at some stage. good folks are pushing boundaries like this ....

19 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

Good lord. It’s so ugly 😟

1 hour ago, proftournesol said:

It's certainly not beautiful, but it is efficient

Can’t be everything to everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

This disappointment from 2012 reminds me of the Honda e- what’s it. How is it that tweeking a few dimensions can turn an interesting and nicely proportioned concept into a ho hum looking production car.

6C9E2557-D58B-47F2-B5C9-346F2ED28E4F.png

mini cooper SE is almost here for launch with being launched in july....

https://www.caradvice.com.au/767900/2020-mini-cooper-se-teased/

looks like city run about range and pricing still in the $50k arena. a start I guess of things to come. probably be a few running around the inner suburbs of melb I suspect ! at least its reasonably regular a looking car not some whacko design. and if goes/handles as well as something like even base cooper they'd be doing pretty well...

bmjzlxrwnkpybp31ipyo.jpg

txfl1f0bqrjcizagnlkn.jpg

"The latest BMW i3 has a 42kWh battery pack, but those same reports have suggested the plug-in Mini will get the 33.8kWh battery from the older model, good for a range between 177km and 185km.

Official specs haven't been confirmed, but we'd suggest Mini will be aiming higher than 185km, given Hyundai gets 450km from the Kona Electric.

As for pricing, we're expecting the S E to slot between the Cooper S and JCW. In Australia, the three-door Cooper S is priced from $40,700 plus on-road costs, while the flagship JCW kicks off at $50,400."

in other news bmws that has been chipping away in the electric space for a while wiht the i3 and i8 and hybrid and such are saying their electric progress is some 2 years ahead of schedule ! 

https://www.drive.com.au/news/bmw-s-electric-plans-running-ahead-of-schedule-121772.html

"BMW will have 25 hybrid, plug-in hybrid and electric models on sale by 2023, two years earlier than it initially planned.

“We are moving up a gear in the transformation towards sustainable mobility, thereby making our company fit for the future," said Harald Kruger, chairman of the BMW board.

"Over the past two years, we have consistently taken numerous decisions that we are now bringing to the roads. By 2021, we will have doubled our sales of electrified vehicles compared with 2019."

According to Kruger, sales of electrified vehicles will grow by 30 per cent year-on-year from 2019.

BMW's rollout of hybrid and pure-electric vehicles has already begun, spearheaded by by the i8 and i3. A range of iPerformance-badged plug-in hybrid vehicles is already available, and the iX3 will be the brand's first mainstream pure-electric model when it launches in 2020. ~"

On 25/06/2019 at 10:34 PM, proftournesol said:

Silly question but for that kind of money why wouldn't you just go buy a Tesla S ??

On the looks front I reckon the styling team have a fetish for the Citroen DS and 70s sci-fi !! :lol: