betty boop

electric cars

not much talk of jaguar i-pace... good long term reports by top gear here

https://www.topgear.com/long-term-car-reviews/jaguar/i-pace/90kwh-ev400-se-5dr-auto/report-4

yes I think like it says not really an SUV...perhaps for those who want to buy something that sells as an SUV... but really a car which is really what they really want but want to be seen in an suv or something  :D

still weighs over 2000 kg ! so not a lightweight and cost over 100k. not made by jaguar either. same crowd that puts together the toyota supra and bmw 40 coupe/covertible. so as they say as much a jaguar as a supra thats really a bmw. 

so perhaps a bit of an identity crisis car and maybe why not as popular as what should be or is it just the cost over $100k here and that it has the jaguar brand name on it...who knows .. ? 

Personally I like this E- Twingo. It’s a Honda E/ Mazda 121 bubble cousin car. 22kWh battery 22 KW charging, only 60kW but it might actually be affordable. kISS.  Of course it won’t come here because Aussies only buy boring soccer mum cars on stilts, not that city cars are low these 

days because they aren’t.

25A94F02-847D-4290-B440-209687C6FD8E.jpeg

Edited by Briz Vegas

3 minutes ago, Briz Vegas said:

Personally I like this E- Twingo. It’s a Honda E/ Mazda 121 bubble cousin car. 22kWh battery 22 KW charging 60kW but it might actually be affordable. kISS.  Of course it won’t come here because Aussies only buy boring soccer mum cars on stilts, not that city cars are low theses days because they aren’t.

dont know ...we seem to get some city cars... I owned one myself some nearly 4 years :) but yes we never got the twingo... and unlikely we will see the e-twingo. however with 250km range, I agree its something can be affordable... only lugging 165kg weight... and the perfect electric run about id say... for those that realise they down need a SUV where its mostly just them selves or its jsut lugging some little kids around :) 

On 23/02/2020 at 8:42 AM, betty boop said:

same crowd that puts together the toyota supra and bmw 40 coupe/covertible.

So it might actually be reliable then.

13 hours ago, Briz Vegas said:

Aussies only buy boring soccer mum cars on stilts

Seniors or those of significant girth, also buy SUV's as they are simply easier to get in and out of. I drive a diesel SUV purely for the towing ability but I really notice how difficult in comparison my wifes S3 Audi hatch is.

spy shots of well covered new fiat 500e and they are saying production started in june ! 

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1124115_2020-fiat-500e-electric-car-spy-shots

not sure why bothered covering it up as all intensive purposes looks same as old fiat 500 :D

anyways if they have pulled off an electric version and still looks like exisiting car thats quite a feat in its self !